MYW credit toward DVC AP?

DVCkidsMOM

DIS Veteran
I know I can turn in our one day unused MYW passes to "upgrade" to an AP, but can I do that with DVC to get the DVC discount and MYW ticket credit?
Details: booked extra trip at PC during free dining with 1 day base tix needed only to get the free dining b/c we already have APs for this year, through DVC. When I buy the next round of APs with the DVC discount (done through MS, not regular Disney ticket channel) can I also turn in the unused MYW tix for credit? Has anyone done this and how is it done? Would I mail tix to DVC MS or will there be a code on the tix that I give over the phone? TIA for any information/experience you can share ;)

DVCkidsMOM said:
I know I can turn in our one day unused MYW passes to "upgrade" to an AP, but can I do that with DVC to get the DVC discount and MYW ticket credit?
Yes.
DVCkidsMOM said:
Details: booked extra trip at PC during free dining with 1 day base tix needed only to get the free dining b/c we already have APs for this year, through DVC. When I buy the next round of APs with the DVC discount (done through MS, not regular Disney ticket channel) can I also turn in the unused MYW tix for credit? Has anyone done this and how is it done? Would I mail tix to DVC MS or will there be a code on the tix that I give over the phone? TIA for any information/experience you can share ;)
You can only do this transaction onsite at a Guest Relations booth/desk. All you do is give the CM your MYW ticket, your blue membership card and a photo ID. Just tell the CM that you want to upgrade your unused MYW ticket to a DVC annual pass. You will get credit for the full price of the MYW ticket and only need pay the difference between that and the DVC-disocounted AP

Best wishes -

I have a bunch of old tickets. They are pre-magic your way. Can I turn all of them in (5 passes with 1 day hopper left on each) for an AP?

Stitch1404 said:
I have a bunch of old tickets. They are pre-magic your way. Can I turn all of them in (5 passes with 1 day hopper left on each) for an AP?

I believe you can only trade them in one for one. One hopper per AP.

IMHO, you'd be better off keeping the old hopper passes and using them for park admission - maybe during a trip that you don't have an AP (or possibly for other family members/guests who travel with you).

The older hoppers do not expire and since park admission has gone up since they were purchased, you'll get the most value for them by using them as is. ANd if the hoppers included any plus options, you'll lose them when you "trade in"

BTW, DebbieB is correct - you can only trade them in one for one.

Best wishes -

I'm sorry to complicate this thread, but here goes.

I already have an AP and will also be getting the MYW 1 day pass when I go this fall.
Can I use that MYW credit towards a voucher or hold onto it until I need it for a future DVC AP? :disrocks:

Muushka said:
I'm sorry to complicate this thread, but here goes.

I already have an AP and will also be getting the MYW 1 day pass when I go this fall.
Can I use that MYW credit towards a voucher or hold onto it until I need it for a future DVC AP? :disrocks:
As long as you do not use the MYW ticket (unused 1 day tickets never expire), you can turn it in and receive full price credit towards the purchase of a DVC-discounted AP (not a voucher, the actual pass). You can only do this transaction on site at a Guest relations booth/desk. If you want to do this, do not order a voucher ahead of time.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
As long as you do not use the MYW ticket (unused 1 day tickets never expire), you can turn it in and receive full price credit towards the purchase of a DVC-discounted AP (not a voucher, the actual pass). You can only do this transaction on site at a Guest relations booth/desk. If you want to do this, do not order a voucher ahead of time.

Best wishes -

That makes sense. Thank you! :thumbsup2

Are you sure about the one-for-one? Does that mean I can't use the value of 2 MYW 1-day passes towards one AP?

MOQu said:
Are you sure about the one-for-one? Does that mean I can't use the value of 2 MYW 1-day passes towards one AP?
FWIW, I've never known Disney to accept more than one pass/ticket as a credit towards one AP or PAP.

Post your question on the Theme Parks Board and see if Golden Oldie replies - she is an expert on tickets. If that doesn't work, try sending her a PM. If she says yes, please post back here. Thanks

Best wishes -

I know a few years ago I turned in multiple one day one park tickets for a park hopper (I worked at a travel company that had discontinued their Florida business so they gave away their excess tickets).

Remember they only give you credit on the value of the ticke as of the day it purchased, not the current value, so it's usually better to just use a park day if you can than trade in a ticket.

Also, I don't think they assign a value to unused "plusses" (water parks, PI). So if you've used all your park days, the ticket has no trade in value. Thus, before you trade in a ticket, make sure you use all the plusses on it.

CarolMN said:
FWIW, I've never known Disney to accept more than one pass/ticket as a credit towards one AP or PAP.

Post your question on the Theme Parks Board and see if Golden Oldie replies - she is an expert on tickets. If that doesn't work, try sending her a PM. If she says yes, please post back here. Thanks
Best wishes -
\

I PM'd GoldenOldie. I'll let you know what she replies....

GoldenOldie says one-for-one (although I have heard of people being able to use old park-hoppers to combine into one which must have been a fluke) so I guess that's the final answer!

CarolMN said:
As long as you do not use the MYW ticket (unused 1 day tickets never expire), you can turn it in and receive full price credit towards the purchase of a DVC-discounted AP (not a voucher, the actual pass).

So if I understand this correctly, if I book a MYW package with a one day ticket and decide not to use the ticket during the trip, I can trade in that one day ticket next year for an AP? I thought that if the ticket did not have the no expiration option it would expire within 14 days after check-in. Is that within 14 days of first use, not 14 days after check-in?

TIA

Dave

Yes, 14 days after first use. So if it is not used, then you have the full value on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter