Mystic Dunes?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi friends, anyone have experience with this resort to share? We were hoping to book an RCI extra vacation with Sheraton Vistana resort but there is pretty much no inventory so we were looking for something similar….

It will be DH, my daughter and me
Wdw and universal
We will have a car
The pool slide is the #1 thing for my daughter 😆

Thanks!!!!

We have stayed there a couple of times. No real complaints...if I can get a good deal I don't hesitate to book it. 1 bedrooms are nice size and several pools. Also have bikes to rent and putt-putt golf. It borders up to Windsor Hills if you are familiar with that location. Its a straight shot to Disney parks and down 1 turn to Old Lake Wilson walmart.

I have only ever stayed in the 1 bedroom so can't speak to the other setups. The only think I dont like is the very strong bleach smell we have encountered upon entering the condo each time we stay. Seems to take a day to air out.

Mystic Dunes was owned by the Diamond Resort timeshare company, and then Diamond Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations merged within the past year. Mystic Dunes is one of a few former Diamond resorts that are listed by HGVC as being brought up to HGVC standards. To me this indicates the resort had some recent refresh and update work, but who knows if it really means anything.

Has anyone stayed here recently? I saw a video of a refurbished room that looked very nice, but I can't tell if the whole property is being refurbished.

Another resort that you may want to consider booking through RCI is Orange Lake Resort. It’s not far from Disney and is pretty big with lots of pools.

This is an old thread but anyone looking at this thread should be aware that Mystic Dunes has a resort fee of $30 plus tax per room per night in 2023...

This is an old thread but anyone looking at this thread should be aware that Mystic Dunes has a resort fee of $30 plus tax per room per night in 2023...
Do you know if this applies to people who book through RCI? I've done many rci bookings and never got bill at the end like other hotels.

From RCI:

Mystic Dunes, a Hilton Vacation Club #RH55​

Mandatory Fees
Mandatory Amenities fee is 30.00 U.S. dollars, Cash or Credit is accepted.
The Amenities fee is per day and per unit (plus Tax).

This type of information is on the 'Urgent Info' tab for every listing on RCI.com

So yes, they charge it. Not unusual for many exchange resorts nowadays. We have had resort fees ourselves a couple of times, but often let this be a deciding factor for us when choosing resorts.

Mystic Dunes was owned by the Diamond Resort timeshare company, and then Diamond Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations merged within the past year. Mystic Dunes is one of a few former Diamond resorts that are listed by HGVC as being brought up to HGVC standards. To me this indicates the resort had some recent refresh and update work, but who knows if it really means anything.
The rebranded properties are being referred to as Hilton Vacation Club. THis is different than Hilton Grand Vacations Club. THe properties are being brought up to the Hilton brand standard. Mainly this is in soft finishes such as bedding and pillows. Overall Mystic Dunes won't be at the same level as a property like Parc Soleil or Tuscany Village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter