My wife just spent $110.00 on fingernails!!

kydisneyfans

<font color=blue>It may be because they are too em
The title says it all.

My wife received a $10.00 gift certificate for Mothers Day from our church for a local nail salon. She was told to go and enjoy herself for an hour, what a mistake. After foot scrubs, fireworks stickers on her toes and some type of soaking treatment, it came to $120.00!! Thank God for the $10.00 off.

Tell me this isn't standard for a manicure and pedicure.

It looks like we'll be using more coupons for groceries as the budget this pay has been blown to smithereens.

It is possible. If she went to a fancy salon versus just a nail place, that price seems normal. Also, if she had fake nails put on versus just a manicure the price would go up. Nail art is always extra. The nail salon I go to is very big on trying the upsell without mentioning the extra cost. It's easy to walk out with a big bill, which makes that whole hour of relaxation go away.

WOW! I pay 35 for a spa pedi and Mani! However, it 10 $ extra for design for either feet or nails but no stickers hand painted designs! Did she get acrylics? They also 25 ( 5 extra fro permanent white tips) for a full set.:confused3

I got my nails done while DH was deployed (we needed a girls night out) and mine was $50, my BFFs who got fake nails came up to $85, so I can see it easily going to $120 with a fefw more add-ons. The cute little fireworks were probably an extra $15-20!

Sorry to hear that. Some of those places are a shock if you haven't been before and price isn't always mentioned. They just ask would you like this scrub (not mentioning this is extra), this painted, etc?

Most times I pay $35 for manisure/pedicure in Ca but that is for the base model!

Jenn

most mani/pedis around here (At specifically a nail salon - not a hair salon/spa) are about 50 - 60 dollars, this includes french since that's what I always get. I only go once per year if that. it's way too expensive and i can buy a bottle of pink and white polish for 10 dollars and do my nails 50x with that!

Did she get a manicure and pedicure done or just a pedicure?

I pay about $65 for a salt glow pedicure. That's without any add-ons or tip. If she did both manicure and pedicure, it could easily be that much or more.

The title says it all.

My wife received a $10.00 gift certificate for Mothers Day from our church for a local nail salon. She was told to go and enjoy herself for an hour, what a mistake. After foot scrubs, fireworks stickers on her toes and some type of soaking treatment, it came to $120.00!! Thank God for the $10.00 off.

Tell me this isn't standard for a manicure and pedicure.

It looks like we'll be using more coupons for groceries as the budget this pay has been blown to smithereens.

was this in Lexington? or Georgetown? Not that it matters, probably .. but in my mind, it should cost more in Lexington. LOL

Water under the bridge. Just tell her she looks beautiful and move along. Down the road somewhere, you'll need similar "understanding" from her. :)

It all depends on what she had done. You can get a basic mani and pedi for around $25 on average. But when you start going for the full "spa" mani and pedi with all the fancy designs on your nails and probably acrylics, it will add up and quick!

I have acrylics and I go every 4 weeks for a total cost of $15 for a fill in and repainted.

Wow you are lucky I have to go every 2 weeks for a fill, or I break the tips off, l usually have at least one tip that need replacing that is $3 a piece, and then I get a design for $10 for all fingers (basic paint job is included in the fill ) for a maintenance average acrylic nail maintenance trip of about $30 pus tip. I usually get about 6 pedi's a year and they are $25 for spa pedi plus five for french and tip :scared1: ! Oh my gosh I hope my husband never totals this up!

$110 is a lot for nails! Makes me wonder if she really got all the much done, or if the prices were just sky high there in the first place. I have a feeling the $10 coupon the manicurist gave out for free because she knew her prices were so high it didn't matter.

If she got acrylics--you are in for some maintenance$$!

YUP, by me it runs $30 every 2-3 weeks! Oh the joy of having nice silk wrap nails!
Actually though I LOVE that the polish stays on and looks great the whole time, totally worth it to me, but I know the cost up front and am willing to pay for it!

How can women type accurately and speedily with acrylics? The few times I have put them on for special occasions drove me nuts!

$110 is a lot for nails! Makes me wonder if she really got all the much done, or if the prices were just sky high there in the first place. I have a feeling the $10 coupon the manicurist gave out for free because she knew her prices were so high it didn't matter.

I'll bet this is right, especially if all the moms in the church got these. They were probably 'donated' by the salon to the church in that event. They can write them off as a charitable contribution to the church and then make more money when you come in to use them.

Reminds me of the businesses that give things away in the school that in reality wind up making you spend more money. We had a Mexican restaurant that used to come give some presentation for the kindergarten classes and give every child a coupon for a 'free' kids meal. Well, yes, it was free, but unless your 5 year old eats in restaurants by himself, you had to pay for parents and siblings, so for the free $4 meal you paid $20 or more (and this restaurant always had coupons in every mailer, etc., for buy one get one free on adult meals, which you couldn't use with the free kids meal). But if you have a sensitive child and didn't go your child was in tears that he got this great free meal and he couldn't go and get it. Are you supposed to explain to the 5 year old that he's being manipulated by the restaurant owner? The dine-in only "book it" Pizza Hut coupons were like that too. Okay, sorry to get off topic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter