My WDW Moms Panel Training Adventures!!! Includes my night in the Castle!

DisneyJo

Missing my tags!
Where do I start?????

In September I, along with around 20,000 other Disney fans, applied to be on the 2009 WDW Moms Panel. I really never thought I had a chance and was amazed to make it to round 2 and then again to the final telephone interview round. I'd convinced myself that I really mucked up the interview so was absolutely astounded when the call came on November 5th to announce that I'd made it :faint:

Fast-forward a few weeks and I'd chatted online with all the other 15 panellists, signed my contract and was waiting at Gatwick airport ready to fly to Florida.

I must admit to being slightly nervous, not only was I flying alone for the first time but I was also diving head first into the unknown. I had no clue what I would be doing for the next few days, where I’d be eating etc, a completely different trip to which I’m used to!!! Plus most importantly who was I going to talk to for the next 14ish hours :rotfl:

After a 10 hour flight, thanks to a head wind, I arrived at MCO and it was almost dark :eek: As we normally travel in August this was very weird for me!!!! I knew that I had a driver to pick me up but suddenly realised that I couldn’t remember where I was meant to meet him! I vaguely recalled A so I headed that way and I was right, there was Tim holding a VIP sign with my name on it :yay: Now I’m not sure if Tim realised that I hadn’t spoken to anyone in hours but by the end of our journey when I hadn’t stopped for breath I think he must have realised :lmao: He was such a lovely man and so easy to talk to.

I arrived at Coronado Springs Resort at approximately 7.30pm (12.30am my time) and checked in, a nice touch was the manager coming out to greet me and hand me my special envelope.

After wandering around for a while I eventually found my room in Casitas 1, I was on the fourth floor and literally only the second room from the elevator which led directly to the convention centre so a superb location. After a quick bite to eat I was in bed by 8.45pm. Now on a normal trip I would literally fall straight to sleep but having read my itinerary for the next few days sleeping was impossible, this became a recurring theme of the week!

Here are a few photos of the gorgeous newly renovated rooms at CSR. (sorry the photos aren't fantastic quality but I was very tired!)

001.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

BTW I'm going to do all the TR on this thread and will update the title when I add new bits :goodvibes

Great start and the room looked lovely :)

Claire ;)

im really looking forward to this, great start :goodvibes

Great start Jo - cant wait for the next instalment :thumbsup2

Lovely room! Looking forward to reading more!:)

Wow so many readers already, thanks everyone :goodvibes

I'll try and get some up every day :thumbsup2

Come on Jo, you have our full attention. :goodvibes can't wait for more.

How exciting, can't wait to read more! The CSR rooms look fab, wouldn't have known you were staying there by those photos!

Great start Jo! Can't wait to read more! What a lovely room you had too.

Another reader adding to the list :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading the account of one of us as a Disney Mom panel member. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to further installments :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!