My VGT Challenge...

spiiffy

Mouseketeer
So as some of you may have read last week my family was on a Wonder cruise to the MR but my 3yo DS had a seizure that we could not stop and we ended up spending the night in a hospital in Cabo. We were able to re-board the ship the next day on the 2nd Cabo day but we spent the resat of the cruise taking care of a very drugged up and sleepy little boy.

We had been planning this crusie for over a year and I was so sad :sad1: with how everyhting turned out.

Soooo.....my husband felt so bad for me and our boys that he is taking some extra overtime and said we can go on another cruise ASAP.

So here is the challenge. We want to go anytime in July (yes I know it is peak season). We do not care which itenerary or boat. In July there are Wonder Alaska cruises, Magic in New York to the Bahamas and New York to New England, Dream to the Bahamas and Fantasy to the Carribbean. The plan is to book whichever one shows a VGT first! If allmy awesome disser's want to help I would love extra sets of eyes.

So whats your guess? Which one (if any) will show up as a VGT first? When do you think the VGT will be offered? Which would be your first choice? This is going to be an exciting few months! i sure hope something pops up!

The cast is me, my Dh, DS (3) and DS (1).

For those of you wondering, my son is much better. He is eplipetic but as a neuoro has told us we cannot put our lives on hold becasue of his condition.

Very glad to hear all ended well, even if your cruise wasn't all your family had hoped for. Also pleased to hear you're planning a "do-over" - yay for the hubs! Pack him some nice snacks for all that overtime he's gonna put in :thumbsup2

Will keep my eyes open for you!

Currently the Fantasy has VGT available for ALL June dates. I'd look for them in July also...just keep checking here and on the DCL site or call a great TA who will look for you and contact you as soon as they come out.

so glad to hear that you were back on the boat the next day. Prayers went up for your little one and family.:goodvibes
Check the alaska cruises. There were some VGT this past weekend when I try to check to see how our cruise had sold, if I'm not mistaken... Good Luck!!!

I am glad that you all will be able to go on another cruise and the situation improved. My heart really went out for your family when I first read your posts. Also, thank you for posting because it made me realize that we really needed to go ahead and get passports for our girls and are currently doing so.

Glad your son is doing better. Best of luck on getting the next cruise scheduled, so glad that you're able to go on another one. I'd suggest contacting a TA, as they can keep an eye out for you much easier and handle all the paperwork for you. Best of luck:goodvibes

Thanks for all the well wishes. I see vgt in June (more for parties of 2 then my party of 4). I am just anxiously waiting for something to pop up. Hopefully it is early enough to join the FE group for whichever cruise we finally get ;)!

For the newbies a vgt is a deeply discounted rate that is offered for some cruises that have yet to sell out. It has many restrictions but in our case it would be a great choice.

So a have some of you actually seen vgt already come and go for July?!?:eek:

Thanks for all the well wishes. I see vgt in June (more for parties of 2 then my party of 4). I am just anxiously waiting for something to pop up. Hopefully it is early enough to join the FE group for whichever cruise we finally get ;)!

For the newbies a vgt is a deeply discounted rate that is offered for some cruises that have yet to sell out. It has many restrictions but in our case it would be a great choice.

So a have some of you actually seen vgt already come and go for July?!?:eek:

Yes. VGT have come and gone for the fantasy in July. I was considering switching our 5 night dream cruise to the july 28 fantasy cruise. The vgt made the price of the 7 night fantasy just a little more than our dream cruise. Alas, I didn't change because of the restrictions. I just finished treatment for cancer and I didn't think it wise to go into a vacation with so many restrictions.

Ugh, so looks like I may have missed the VGT rates for the Fantasy in July :sad2: While the fantasy would have been amazing our first choice for July would be an Alaska or the 8 day Bahamas from NY. I sure hope some VGT come available!

Ugh, so looks like I may have missed the VGT rates for the Fantasy in July :sad2: While the fantasy would have been amazing our first choice for July would be an Alaska or the 8 day Bahamas from NY. I sure hope some VGT come available!

They will!
We booked it Twice once in December and once in Jan. and the Fantasy ws not in service yet!

I don't think you missed them. I would keep looking. I notice they come up more in the earlier morning. Also, they seem to come up just around the 75 day mark prior to the sail date. That is when everyone has to be paid in full.

Good luck. I am searching each day for our Cruise June 30- July 7 on the Fantasy for a family friend who wants to joins us. It is looking like a 5k savings for a Verandah VGT. Not too bad!

I don't think you missed them. I would keep looking. I notice they come up more in the earlier morning. Also, they seem to come up just around the 75 day mark prior to the sail date. That is when everyone has to be paid in full.

Good luck. I am searching each day for our Cruise June 30- July 7 on the Fantasy for a family friend who wants to joins us. It is looking like a 5k savings for a Verandah VGT. Not too bad!

Thanks for the tip on looking in the early morning. I have been looking several times a day for every July cruise but have not seen anything yet. I just started this quest in Monday so I just need to have patience (and the money ready to go)! :yay:

Nothing today yet! I still see some vgt rates for June but nothing yet for July. Next week we will start hitting the 75 day mark so hopefully they will start showing up soon!

Sorry to hear of your previous misfortune but glad to hear that you are going again. Unfortunately, at least for the July Caribbean cruises, the VGT rates already came and gone. I booked my July Caribbean VGT in February and those rates are gone in March and I haven't seen it come up again since.
I don't know how they do it but I think it is all to do with filling the ship. The VGT rates might come up again nearer to the sail dates. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter