My Trip of Trips - Report for 5/14 - 5/20/22

Thanks all for the kind words, glad to see people enjoying the trip report :D

Small update from Day 5 - almost a month later, the missing magic band has magically appeared! Disney is shipping it back to its rightful home. I think it's the character autograph band that's no longer available. I'm sure the new magic band 2.0's or w/e will replace it soon but it makes for a nice collection piece to remember the trip :-)

Screenshot-83.png

While I'm rambling about magic bands, I'm not sure I posted the one I got for this trip to this thread. I figured if I was going to need a new band, why not get one in spirit of the 50th anniversary celebration and for the hotel I stayed at? Quite a fan of this one.

IMG_3267 (2).JPGIMG_3268 (2).JPGIMG_3269 (2).JPGIMG_3270 (2).JPGIMG_3621 (2).JPG

The main reason why I'm making this post...I found one of the DVC Member "sliders" from an old band used several years ago and thought it would be cool to put on my magic band while at WDW. What I didn't know, but my family did, all the way up until this trip, was that the DVC "slider" is no ordinary magic band charm, they are serialized on the back and linked back to your DVC membership. It was supposed to be used for some special features throughout either the WDW parks or resorts, that was ultimately shelved. It also doesn't get me into the DVC lounge at Epcot on it's own, had to have the named members on the deed (ala membership card, I guess nowadays everything is on the phone -_- ). The slider didn't really do anything then, still doesn't now! Looking up "dvc magic band slider" it looks like Disney also made these for annual passholders. Huh. The more you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter