My Thoughts after 33 years of doing WDW

SEEING THE SIGHTS

Earning My Ears
Hello all, My first trip was in 1973 9th grade I wont count that trip. But we did our honeymoon in 1987 and many more trips after that some stays were up to 7 weeks (Fort wilderness/motorhome)

This year we are staying 18 miles west on I4 for 4 months Dec-March with annual passes. and the crowd levels are overwhelming its hard to believe how empty the parks were at this time of the year many years ago.

I think the reason that the light parade was ended was no room on main street at that time of evening. Just so many people ever night if the park was making big bucks 25 years ago just think how much its making now $4.49 per soft drink ( we brink in our own cans of soda) Thanks

Old man shakes fists at corporate world.....

And I agree. But it’s all about the dollar, more than ever. One does wonder where the breaking point is however.

Old man shakes fists at corporate world.....

And I agree. But it’s all about the dollar, more than ever. One does wonder where the breaking point is however.
The breaking point will keep getting pushed further back as long as Disney keeps updating the parks like they are currently doing. They are giving themselves a lot more leeway in that regards with all the new restaurants, attractions and hotels planning to open over the next few years. It’s only going to get more crowded IMO unless another financial crisis hits.

I think this is the end of WDW for me, after all these years. I first went in 1971 for the opening with my parents who took me to Disneyland until then. I have an AP since I’m about 75 minutes away, and I’m taking my grandkids in May this year for my last hurrah.
It’s just, well, “too”. Too crowded, too expensive, too much planning, too short park hours without a special ticketed event, too much in general.
I try to avoid super busy times, but I”ve finally had enough. I don’t know how many visits I’ve had in the nearly 50 years- maybe 40(?). This winter I went three times for different lengths of times, but it never was as enjoyable as in the previous several years.
My youngest grandson has never been to WDW (he’s 6) so this is my treat for him and his brother before I end my long-term relationship with Disney.

Hello all, My first trip was in 1973 9th grade I wont count that trip. But we did our honeymoon in 1987 and many more trips after that some stays were up to 7 weeks (Fort wilderness/motorhome)

This year we are staying 18 miles west on I4 for 4 months Dec-March with annual passes. and the crowd levels are overwhelming its hard to believe how empty the parks were at this time of the year many years ago.

I think the reason that the light parade was ended was no room on main street at that time of evening. Just so many people ever night if the park was making big bucks 25 years ago just think how much its making now $4.49 per soft drink ( we brink in our own cans of soda) Thanks

Yep that is exactly why MSEP ended. There’s no way to do a night parade now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter