My Stay At PCMC (Pop Century Medical Center)

I just looked up photos and they do look exactly like the rooms in the older wing of our hospital! The newer wing is much nicer than these rooms. How sad, people are paying $160 a night to stay "in the bubble" and this is what they get?

And that particle board fake wood finish desk and chair with vinyl seat looks like what we have in the behavioral health ward.

No thank you.

I love the new rooms. I think it's a nice combo---yu have the huge in your face theming out in the public areas and then calm, peacefulness where you're going to sleep.

And with Disney adding heavily themed special rooms to resorts, people who love that kind of thing can always upgrade to one of those. :) I think it's a nice way to appeal to a lot of different tastes.

You can always bring or buy some Disney decor to spruce up your room while you're there--window clings or pictures or whatnot. :)

Yes, the rooms are a bit stark...they could use a little color. Maybe red, black and yellow accents would help. But, I do like the new style rooms. I do find it to be noisier though. And that's probably due to the laminate flooring. I'm sure it's easier to keep clean (hopefully it gets damp mopped occasionally!), but it does get noisy. My last stay there was the only time that I've noticed noise from the surrounding rooms!

You folks must have some really nice hospitals where you live. I just looked at refurbished room photos. They seem to fit the bill with mid-century modern style furniture and wall art. Gaudy, over the top design sensibility is not really in favor right now.

Our hospitals tend to be all practical with plain walls and easy-to-clean tile flooring. I'd love to go into hospital and be met with cheerful pictures of Mickey and Pluto on the wall and attractive modern furniture ;)

I'd love to go into hospital and be met with cheerful pictures of Mickey and Pluto on the wall
There are 2 Disney pictures with one unseen if the Murphy Bed is down.

That is IT for Disney Theming for the ENTIRE room.

After I walk past 4 story tall Jukeboxes,Yo-yos,8-Track tapes and past Pools shaped like a Bowling Pin and a Flower,I then enter a room with almost nothing to make me "feel" like I am at Disney's Pop Century Resort.

Disney is known for their amazing theming and immersion-neither happens in the POP rooms.

There are 2 Disney pictures with one unseen if the Murphy Bed is down.

That is IT for Disney Theming for the ENTIRE room.

After I walk past 4 story tall Jukeboxes,Yo-yos,8-Track tapes and past Pools shaped like a Bowling Pin and a Flower,I then enter a room with almost nothing to make me "feel" like I am at Disney's Pop Century Resort.

Disney is known for their amazing theming and immersion-neither happens in the POP rooms.

I'm not sure I would be able to sleep with rooms as highly themed and colorful as the rest of Pop! Part of the reason why I love OKW is because the rooms are so nice and calming after spending the day in the hot, crowded, noisy and bright theme parks. But that's just me, I need to be able to go somewhere more calm and neutral with all the over stimulation in the parks.

We have no problem with a "clean" room
At the Dolphin - when our DS & DD (now a nurse) were young
We brought Disney stuffed animals for their beds
Plastic Disney characters to add in the bathroom and sheveling in the room
Clings for the window.

We could do some of the same at Pop for us, DH & DW ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter