My son (wish child) wants meal with Mickey and Minnie. Help me pick which one

Oneplustwins

Mouseketeer
My son really wants to have a character meal with Mickey and Minnie while on his wish trip in April. He had said Pooh before, but changed his mind tonight. Where do you suggest going? And how do we plan going to eat? We will have the vehicle with us so do we just drive and leave to go or plan that for another day? I am so confused. The day we go to Epcot is my daughter's birthday so she picked a special meal. I had planned to do Pooh the first day at MK and now he wants Mickey. I can't figure out the logic of everything.......
Would love your help, insight etc.
I know not until April but looks like things getting booked up. Thank you!
Also which meal is best?

My daughter loves Chef Mickey's. Food is good, and you get to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto.

If you can get a Chef Mickey's ADR for your Magic Kingdom day, you could take the monorail to the Contemporary Resort.

I found one at AK Tusker house. How big of deal is it to leave MK and go to AK for lunch? Going to MK our first full day but he really wants to eat with Mickey and Minnie........

Oneplustwins said:
I found one at AK Tusker house. How big of deal is it to leave MK and go to AK for lunch? Going to MK our first full day but he really wants to eat with Mickey and Minnie........

That is going to be a royal pain, they're about 20 min apart not including the extra 15-30 min to get to your car- IMHO not worth it

Is Minnie at Tusker House? I thought, it was Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Mickey.

are you staying at Give Kids The World for you stay? Minnie and Mickey make apperances there. also there are lots to do at the village besides going to the parks. find their page for future famlies if that is where you are staying and check there also. when we were there, had a couple of chances to meet Minnie and Mickey on the way to breakfast. i would allow an hour between MK and getting to AK plus 15 minutes to get into AK and walk to Tusker House.

Thank you for the insight. Yes, we are staying at GTKW. So I have made ADR at some french place in Epcot on my daughters birthday. The t-rex restuarnt and Boma's. Is it horrible if we don't do a character meal? MAW is arranging a personal meet and greet with Pooh, his favorite character. But somehow I am like don't we have to do a character meal? Yet I am worried as my son has autism along with CP and a bunch of other diagnosis's. So I worry if he will be anxious waiting for the characters to come to our table? I would love more opinions what you guys think. I truly appreciate it. My son is 8 (just turned) and he has twin brother and my dd is turning 12 while we are there.
Thank you sooooo much!

So you are going to the Parks with one of the best organizations. As a past CM my recommendation would be if you think he might get anxious waiting for characters at a meal then see then separately. I love the Mickey and Minnie that you see in Animal Kingdom because they are in Safari gear. Also shortens lines are found here as well. Not as much time for anxiety to build.

I would go with Chef Mickey's if you want a meal
It is very easy to get from MK over to the Contemporary. You can take the monorail or it is about a 10 minute walk. (Just walk toward the bus area, stay to the path on the left of the fenced bus area. You kind of follow the monorail line right to the Contemporary.)

Here's a link to more info about Chef Mickey.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=55

You are correct that AK also has a character meal with Mickey and Minnie
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=185

The buffet at Tusker House is very good, but I would not done there unless you are planning to be at AK - it is a long ride from MK to AK, so going there for lunch is quite a deal.

You all are so awesome, thank you for you time and insight too. Truly appreciate it. I am thinking maybe just skipping the character meal since he will get to meet them at GKTW and his one on one with Pooh that MAW is planning. It might just be easier.
Any insight how they handle the parade? Being a MAW family allow you any access to that or do you still have to wait in lines?
Again, thank you for your help and insight.
I am soooo excited for my son. So excited and feel so blessed!
Thank you!

You all are so awesome, thank you for you time and insight too. Truly appreciate it. I am thinking maybe just skipping the character meal since he will get to meet them at GKTW and his one on one with Pooh that MAW is planning. It might just be easier.
Any insight how they handle the parade? Being a MAW family allow you any access to that or do you still have to wait in lines?
Again, thank you for your help and insight.
I am soooo excited for my son. So excited and feel so blessed!
Thank you!
For parades, there are handicapped viewing areas, which he could use with a wheelchair, using a stroller as a wheelchair or a Guest Assistance Card (which your family will get at Give Kids the World). But, you need to be aware that the parade viewing areas are often in the sun for day time parades and most have very little to no seating while you wait for the parade to start. Because there are limited spots in the handicapped areas, it is still be necessary to get there early for a spot.

Many people find that it works better for them just to find a spot.

If you haven't checked things out yet, look near the top of this board for the WishTrippers Thread and also the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

At Epcot, I really like the Garden Grill. It's the most calm of all the character meals. When we've sat on the lower circle, we weren't able to see the characters until they arrived at our table. Mickey is there but Chip and Dale are the stand-outs.

edited: sorry, I looked back and saw you already had a specific restaurant picked out for Epcot. The only other one to consider that I don't see mentioned is the Ohana character breakfast? Mickey is at that one and it is family style which means they bring everything to the table, no waiting in a buffet. It's at a monorail resort so easy access afterwards to MK.

Where do I find the page for future families? I have been doing a lot of research but don't' think I have found that one. Thanks.

to get the GKTW site, i used GKTW prearrival in my search engine to get the GKTW page. check out activites at the village. i would think hard about the character meal as your son will have to watch characters stop at other tables before reaching your table. the charcters have a set pattern going around room. also if a parade happens just before they get to your table character will go to their parade spot then return to visit with you. can make for a long wait. with everything avaible to do on your trip, will not be able to do it all, plan on what is important for your family. GKTW is very special and makes all the kids feel special not just the wish kid.

We had a wonderful time in October eating breakfast at Ohana in the Polynesian resort. We had never been there before, and I think this was our favorite breakfast, after Crystal Palace (Pooh). At Ohana they had Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Minnie. They really took their time with our table and those around us. It was also nice that they do a little parade every so often around the restaurant and kids/adults join in. We loved it! You can take the monorail or resort boat from MK.

I saw your mention of your child's autism and felt a eyed to mention my autistic daughter has been to WDW and disney cruises several times and HATES chef Mickeys!!! she loves character interactions, but chef mickeys was too loud and frenetic for her sensetive ears!!! she loved the crystal palace and that is pooh and friends, she loves the yacht club character breakfast ( might be beach club ) Minnie was there, chip n dale, Pluto, but don't think we saw mickey.....I would definitely ask the GKTW staffers if the famous mice will be visiting the resort while you are there and make that a priority of possible. The other option is to take your wish kid to guest services at Magic Kingdom and explain your dilemma, they may be able to help make some magic......:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter