My poor friend!

poppyolivia

<font color=deeppink>I'm the ski suit queen.......
My friend and her husband, 6 of her kids and another adult left today for DLP....great stuff!:banana: Holiday cost them 6K:scared1: for 5 nights at santa fe (they left from Aberdeen airport...mega supplement per person)..

Plane was delayed for 2 hrs (no ones fault).....
lost each other in airport.....
The Disney bus was a plain white bus with a piece of paper stuck to the windscreen saying the destination....
Gave over her tranfer ticket then realised she only had ONE way (she thought one did 2 ways I think).....
Got to Santa fe and only ONE room booked for the 9 of them!!:scared1: (Hotels mix up)....
Word of the family getting split when the reason they booked was because they were gonna be VERY near each other.....

She phoned me in tears because they didn't have a room for the other half of her party.....I got the blame;) ....:thumbsup2

Ages after she phoned me back saying it is now sorted out BUT

They only have 4 park passes for them and they need to go back later for the rest!!

Heres hoping it gets better for them from now on!!!!:rolleyes1

By the way they booked with disneyland paris.com

she booked through www.disneylandparis.com Via the phone as it was easier cause you get all what you want with someone to ask if you know what i mean...not just a computer screen.

Poor lass, I honestly feel really bad for her....It can only get better...she's phoned me 4 times already..bless!!:) First time the family have been abroad and the last by the sound of her last phone call. She said the furthest shes going away from now on is Oban!!:rotfl2:

Ahh shame. What a rubbish start to a holiday.

I think that tommorow once they get through those gates and she sees the kiddies faces things will change.

yeah hopefully...after all the travelling you do feel really tired and that..never mind with all the malarky they went through!

the kids are going to love it eh?

Not a nice start to the holiday, let's hope after a good nights sleep, things won't look quite so bad and they can put it all behind them and start tomorrow fresh.:)

Hopefully with the holiday confirmation details she will be able to sort things out.

Not the best of start. :grouphug: for your friend.

Thanks folks! Everyone is really nice on here:love:

I'm sure she is ok now because she hasn't phoned me:laughing: I felt really bad because it was me that was harping on and on about how it would be a great holiday for them (which it still should be) I gave them the phone number and everything..she is absolutely terrified of flying but she did say the flight itself was good, no problems...so thats good!

I thought the mix up would have been because it was such a large booking but the booking was made in 2 seperate lots so thats like the average price per room people are paying at this time of year if you know what I mean so I can't understand how they managed to miss out a whole room and park passes!!

Yes she did have her confrimation so that was good but they looked at that and told her THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE EXTRA ROOM...thats why she was very upset....but it got sorted and alls well!! (mmm wonder where the extra room came from eh?) I think she has been mucked about abit...was left for hrs in the reception with no passes and 6 eager kids wanting to get going!:sad1:

Just typical isn't it.

I think I would've been tempted to ask for something by way of compensation, as it's obviously Disney's mistake, maybe some Fastpasses for the children to make up for the lost hours :rolleyes1 Just a thought !

If it's Disney's mistake, then they should sort it out... I really hope that your friends will have a great vacation anyway

I think I would've been tempted to ask for something by way of compensation, as it's obviously Disney's mistake, maybe some Fastpasses for the children to make up for the lost hours :rolleyes1 Just a thought !

I thought of that too and even said to her that she should have asked to be put to a different hotel so they could all be together!..maybe that was pushing it though:rotfl:
Last time I spoke to her they were on their way out to get some food and to book buffalo Bills....So maybe they got a couple of free kids tickets eh?....doubt it though..I'm too greedy I think!!:rotfl2:

If it's Disney's mistake, then they should sort it out... I really hope that your friends will have a great vacation anyway

From what I can make out it was disneys mistake as in the booking company..I don't think it is the hotels..they just get told the booking do they not?

Yes, probably.

If your friend and her party don't get some freebies from the hotel whilst they are there, I think it would definitely be worth emailing Disney when she gets home - as I understand it, they do appreciate constructive criticism.

Can't hurt, can it?

Elaine

The same could have happened if she would have booked it through an agent or via the PC. But I hope that she will have a great holiday nevertheless. :thumbsup2

oh yes I know, but I told her to phone it in as you get to speak to a person to make sure there would be no mistakes as they repeat your booking back to you a few times.
At the end of the day mistakes happen but its just a shame it was her first time abroad.

She will be having the time of her life now and the kids will be hyper eating Mickey lollies!!:woohoo:

In my opinion it is a big advantage that they have booked with Disney direct. If they would have booked through an agent Disney could have said that they have to contact the agent to find out what went wrong. This would have wasted even more precious Disney time. If you have booked with them direct you can show your print outs or your confirmation documents and then they have to find a resolution ASAP.

I hope they now have the time of their lives. Please keep us up to date.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!