My PC needs a doctor

A. Mara Ziwadie

Mouseketeer
I'm running Windows 7 on a desktop. I have tons of extra files in all new kinds of folders -- nothing I ever created myself. My computer is running slower than ever. My account is now a guest account, and any time I want to update or install anything, the computer asks me for my "guest" password. I have no idea what this. I'm not a guest on my own computer. Anyone have any idea what is going on? This has been going for a while now. Seemed to happen after I installed Windows 10, and then reverted back to Windows 7 because I go not get an internet connection with Windows 10.

Also, TrueKey is another way to log on to my computer ... by face verification. Now, this computer does not have a camera, and I have no idea how TrueKey got installed.

Any help you can offer will be immensely appreciated! This is so bizarre.

TrueKey is an intel software program and is part and parcel of the windows 10 standard install. You can disable it in your settings, not sure if you can uninstall.

Sounds like when you reverted back you 'logged in' as a guest, you need to log in as an admin. Can you click on your windows start menu tab and click 'switch user' or 'log off' and then try to log in as someone else? It should give you options for admin, registered users etc... Its difficult to diagnose without seeing it but it sounds simple enough. I would also be tempted to download all of your personal files to an external disk or even in one drive in the cloud and then performing a complete fresh install.

TrueKey is an intel software program and is part and parcel of the windows 10 standard install. You can disable it in your settings, not sure if you can uninstall.

Sounds like when you reverted back you 'logged in' as a guest, you need to log in as an admin. Can you click on your windows start menu tab and click 'switch user' or 'log off' and then try to log in as someone else? It should give you options for admin, registered users etc... Its difficult to diagnose without seeing it but it sounds simple enough. I would also be tempted to download all of your personal files to an external disk or even in one drive in the cloud and then performing a complete fresh install.

There is no administrator log in. There is my log in, which I guess is now a guest. Then there is the TrueKey log in, which wants you to log in with your face. I don't now that got set up. Plus, this computer does not have a built in camera. I get kinds of error messages. I cannot get to the administrator through cmd.exe or the command prompt.

I'd save whatever you need to save from the computer and I would do a fresh install, sounds like there are some set up issues with registration etc... If you have the Windows 10 install discs great, if not then you can always create a boot drive on a thumb drive and do it that way. I'm sure there are ways to get around the issues, however, based on the administration issues i would be inclined to start fresh. Hopefully you can get it sorted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter