My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

To anyone who has a OG HD model, what’s the backrest height from seat to top?

This is an old post, technology is better now. I would locally rent a Whill. I have a permanently disabled family member who only uses a Whill (and sometimes a manual chair for Uber).

Ive driven the Whill plenty myself and I thought the joystick was very easy from the first time I drove it. The Whill will fit in a normal sedan or small SUV. It’s too heavy for a single person who isn’t a strong guy, but it’s easy for two.

The Whill just looks cooler than all of these options, which might really matter to a kid. It’s a lot less bulky. You can at least call Whill and talk to them. They’re very nice.

The problem with the will is loading in and out of a car. A fold and go is only 50 pounds and will fold into a truck. I recently checked out both at the abilities expo.

Last edited:
The problem with the will is loading in and out of a car. A cold and go is only 50 pounds and will fold into a truck. I recently checked out both at the abilities expo.

I can almost load the Whill myself in a car. It fits in my small SUV. It's no big deal at all to load with two humans, even a teenager.

I can almost load the Whill myself in a car. It fits in my small SUV. It's no big deal at all to load with two humans, even a teenager.

I agree the Whill is very cool looking. However, it weighs 116 pounds versus the F&G at 50. I cannot help my husband lift it, and we have a large truck for towing, so he has to lift above waist level - and since it’s just the two of us, he’s on his own for lifting. Also, the Whill won’t fit in the trunk of my car like it would a small SUV.

My point is only that the Whill isn’t right for everyone. I’ve used scooters that break down and now this one. I tried out tons of different chairs and scooters at the abilities expo (including the Whill) before buying and this is what worked best for us.

Anyone looking for a new chair, I would recommend visiting the expo (if possible) and trying on a lot of them for size before buying one that doesn’t work for them.

Last edited:
The Whill does break down into two pieces, both the most recent model and the one before. It isn't the most obvious, but the back comes off completely.

You could roll it up a (very steep) ramp onto a truck NBD.

I get that also. The easier option for us was the lighter, foldable wheelchair. Prior to this, I had a scooter that broke down into pieces. This is still the best option for us.

We all have different needs and capabilities, which is why I encourage people to try before you buy. We tried quit a few at the abilities expo and the Fold & Go worked the best for us.

I'm glad your niece's Whill works well for her.

I am currently rocking the BodyPoint dome for my joystick; my hand simply cannot grasp a joystick properly for any length of time now. So far, it's working well!

What size joystick did you get? I got a 1/4” size and couldn’t get it on

What size joystick did you get? I got a 1/4” size and couldn’t get it on

That is so weird! Mine is a ¼"; admittedly, my DH put it on for me since my hands are so much weaker now. I don't think that F&G has had different controllers but maybe they had some with larger sized stems?

Have you had a chance to try and measure the width of the stem on your controller?

I see that Fold & Go has a new model, the Neudol. It's designed for smaller sized people - children, teens, Little People (dwarfism), and small adults. Up to 5 feet tall and up to 150 pounds. The seat height adjusts electronically from 15 to 20 inches.

Yeah, saw it too. I’m hoping that they’ll add some features from that model (battery housing, removable seat cushion) to the Magshock.

Okay, this might be a weird question, but has anyone flew with the touch up paint?

Okay, this might be a weird question, but has anyone flew with the touch up paint?

I have the touch-up paint, but I have never brought it with me on a trip...

It's funny, but when I called to order the touch up paint pen, (literally the day I got Figgy) the lady I was talking to tried to (gently) talk me out of it! She said that they love to see F&G chairs that look less-than-perfect, because it means their owners are out using them, and living their best life!

I've since realized she's right. As much as I would love to keep my chair in "perfect" factory new condition, the reality is that the world can be a scratchy place for mobility devices. Maybe it's because of her explanation, or maybe it's because I had Angus The Happy TravelScoot for so long (and his bumps and dings don't really show up much), but I'm actually OK with Figgy getting a little wear on him.

Having said *all* that...

... I would reach out to the TSA and see what they say. They are going to be the ones who determine if your paint pen gets on the plane or not.

Received my new Magshock today! Can’t wait to use it this coming week! Any one else having difficulty lifting it up and placing into the trunk?

Mag shock Fold & Go Paint
The Magshock website page about paint says it is in a small enough size bottle to travel with.
It also mentions that touch up paint might not match exactly. We found that out with repainting some scratches on our garage door - because the paint faded over time, our touchup didn’t match the rest of the door, even though we used the same paint.
C61BD38B-7D4E-44EF-886E-51F1E360C8FE.jpeg

Received my new Magshock today! Can’t wait to use it this coming week! Any one else having difficulty lifting it up and placing into the trunk?
Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what color did you select?

I have a nice scratch in the paint on my car bumper from an earlier attempt at placing it in the trunk. Due to its weight (50 pounds), it can be tricky lifting it into the trunk, especially if there's a "lip" that you have to lift it over. I now keep an old towel in the trunk so I can lay it over the bumper/lip to protect it. I *think* Fold and Go makes a bumper protector as well.

Once I start following @mamabunny 's approach (using Velcro One Wrap to keep the chair folded), I expect it will be a bit easier to handle.

Yeah, definitely get the bumper protector. If you’re looking at new cars, don’t opt for the Weather Tech style trunk mats, I’ve found that those scratch the paint a lot.

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what color did you select?

I have a nice scratch in the paint on my car bumper from an earlier attempt at placing it in the trunk. Due to its weight (50 pounds), it can be tricky lifting it into the trunk, especially if there's a "lip" that you have to lift it over. I now keep an old towel in the trunk so I can lay it over the bumper/lip to protect it. I *think* Fold and Go makes a bumper protector as well.

Once I start following @mamabunny 's approach (using Velcro One Wrap to keep the chair folded), I expect it will be a bit easier to handle.
Thank you so much! I ended up settling for the turquoise! It was between turquoise and slate. I barley got it in using a blanket to help slide it in. It was still a difficult task for myself to complete. Since it’s just my 10 year old and myself traveling, I will be the only one able to lift it 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter