My mother died today

puck

Earning My Ears
Seven years ago under a long lost poster name I posted about my mother being diagnosed with cancer. She was told she would live 3 years if lucky. She lived 7 but they were all hellish. I just feel lost and remembered posting about this here so came back to post the end.

She was a difficult but amazing person. The Cancer stole everything from her. I can't believe how much this hurts. I was renovating my garage into an apartment so she could live with me when we found out it was back. I think that is why she agreed to go through treatment for a third time even though she swore to never have chemo after her last round. I was dreading dealing with her decline and the way the brain damage from Cancer, chemo and horrible suffering had caused her strong personality to become nasty at times. Missing her is worse than all of that. At least she has escaped the pain and humiliation of this horrible disease. Goodbye mom. I love you most.

So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. Please accept my condolences.

So very sorry for your loss. :(
Thank you. It's funny that having strangers acknowledge her passing makes me feel a bit better. She had become completely isolated. It feels like so few people are mourning her and that hurts.

Thank you. It's funny that having strangers acknowledge her passing makes me feel a bit better. She had become completely isolated. It feels like so few people are mourning her and that hurts.

Perfectly understandable. If you made connections here under an earlier username, it only makes sense that you'd go somewhere you felt/feel at home.

Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're dealing with this, too. A glass of water, a hot shower, and 20-30 minutes rest in a darkened room (even if you can't sleep) go a long way to coping, sometimes. <3

So sorry... losing a parent is so hard. We're here if you need to talk more, in days and weeks and months to come!

Crying my eyes out for you so you can have a break. So, so sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!