My Mom got a Pin... I can use it, right?

lojikal1

Coolest Disney Geek EVER!!!
Hi all! My mom just got the vacation DVD in the mail for my sons to watch while they are with her. Thanks to the board I understand that codes come up to people on the mailing list so I called the reservation line and inquired under my mom's name. Lo and behold, she has a Kids dine, stay, and play free pin!!! The CSR asked me if I lived with my mom... well, I don't but I told her I did... :rolleyes1 ... she won't be travelling with us either... do I need to do something special when I show up at WDW or will it just be business as usual?

The way I understand it the reservation will have to be in your Mom's name and If she isn't going with you I don't know how you would do that?

My SIL had a code and we were listed as part of her household (how, I don't know because we don't live with her, but she traveled with us for several years).

Anyway, they said I could use the code because of that so I booked a trip. I found out the next day that the CM that did it was not supposed to because she wasn't traveling but because they had already charged my CC for the $200.00 deposit, they let me keep it.

So, I am not sure what will happen but you might want to be sure to book if you have CM who says you can use it.

Of course, my DH and I bought into DVC last week so we ended up cancelling out that trip.

Whosever name is on the PIN must be on the reservation, so no I don't see how you could use it. She would have to be there. Talk her into going maybe.

I have the same problem, except my mom really does live with me. I've been going to WDW for years, have never received a PIN, and the only time my mom has gone is when she's gone with me three times. Lo and behold a few months ago, she got a PIN for several dates in 2009. I called and was told I could not use it, unless she was with me. I even had them check with guest services and still no dice. She lives with me for Petes sake, but according to them the PIN is hers not mine.:mad:

I think that is insane. You have people that get tons of pins and can't use them all and others wanting to go but don't get any pins. Can you imagine how many reservations WDW has lost because they don't allow pins to be transferable? I am going in March and was considering going in September for my DD's birthday but that is completely contingent on if I get free dining or a resort discount.

I talked to a CM and they placed a reservation for me without my Mom's name on it... the thing is I won't be able to pay for the trip until about two weeks before we go:sad2: ... so now the next question is: can I call in with the expired reservation number and rebook the same package?:confused:

I would say that you would no be able to rebook a package that was cancelled for non-payment.

Don't you have to put down a deposit? If so, wouldn't you loose it if you let the reservation expire? Or, maybe I am just not understanding your question.

Congratulations that you got the CM to book the package!!! I have said it before that I think there is some leeway in how CM's apply codes to packages and that if they want to book it, they have the ability to figure it out. While they can't apply a code if you have no one connected to you with one, I do think that some bend the rules and allow the pin to be used in circumstances as yours.

I didn't have to put down a deposit because tomorrow would mark the 45 day point for our trip. The CM told me that I had 48 hrs to complete the ressie... I knew i wouldn't be able to make the payment tomorrow (I always pay in full) but I did want to see if the PIN could be applied. So now I'm sitting here looking at the email confirmation wishing I could just get it over with. pixiedust: :confused3

I talked to a CM and they placed a reservation for me without my Mom's name on it... the thing is I won't be able to pay for the trip until about two weeks before we go:sad2: ... so now the next question is: can I call in with the expired reservation number and rebook the same package?:confused:

No, you can't get the expired reservation back. I have a postcard offer in front of me. It expires March 31 so in that example, I could keep trying to get something up to that date but after that, the code would expire.

You definately can not call in with the expired reservation number and rebook the same package. When they do not receive their payment 45 days before your arrival, they will cancel the reservation and your room will become available for someone else to book. When you call 2 weeks before you are scheduled to arrive and try to book that room, it may not be available.
If you book a room only (no tickets or dining) you only need to make a deposit for 1 night and the balance can be paid in full when you check in. So maybe a room only reservation would work for you?

I didn't have to put down a deposit because tomorrow would mark the 45 day point for our trip. The CM told me that I had 48 hrs to complete the ressie... I knew i wouldn't be able to make the payment tomorrow (I always pay in full) but I did want to see if the PIN could be applied. So now I'm sitting here looking at the email confirmation wishing I could just get it over with. pixiedust: :confused3

That makes sense. It is too bad you don't have a credit card that is right around its statement date. Then you would get over a month and a half to pay for it. I just did that with my DVC down payment. My CC statement date was the 4th of February. I waited until the 7th to buy. Now I don't have to actually pay the bill until March 24th!

Sending some pixie dust in hopes you find a way to make it work!

Whosever name is on the PIN must be on the reservation, so no I don't see how you could use it. She would have to be there. Talk her into going maybe.

I have the same problem, except my mom really does live with me. I've been going to WDW for years, have never received a PIN, and the only time my mom has gone is when she's gone with me three times. Lo and behold a few months ago, she got a PIN for several dates in 2009. I called and was told I could not use it, unless she was with me. I even had them check with guest services and still no dice. She lives with me for Petes sake, but according to them the PIN is hers not mine.:mad:

I was so excited when I read that you got it. I called again to try to use my mom's code for a Dec trip (again she does actually live with me and the code was sent to her at my address). I was once again told that she had to be with me or I couldn't use the code as it is her code and not mine. I then hung up and called again, but got the same response. What gives? This code actually has my address on it, but in my mom's name and she actually does live with me.:mad:

My husband got a code in the mail at his mother's address. I was told several times I could use it without him there because it is the same family.

I'm having this same issue. I was the one that actually got the pin but I can't use it. My parents really want to go to AKL at the end of Sept. I called and asked if I could use it for them and the CM said only if they lived with me. Yet I hear from some people that I still have to be with them but the CM seemed to indicate that they only had to live with me.

Now, they don't live with me but what if I said that they did? Is it still not going to work? Has anyone ever been successful getting around this? I don't understand exactly why there are so many restrictions. They would be getting a reservation out of this and it is my immediate family.

I got a pin last year to my address, but in my newphew's name, who has traveled with us several times. I called to use it and was able to because it came to my address, we booked with no problems and had a great vacation! Good luck!

I'm having this same issue. I was the one that actually got the pin but I can't use it. My parents really want to go to AKL at the end of Sept. I called and asked if I could use it for them and the CM said only if they lived with me. Yet I hear from some people that I still have to be with them but the CM seemed to indicate that they only had to live with me.

Now, they don't live with me but what if I said that they did? Is it still not going to work? Has anyone ever been successful getting around this? I don't understand exactly why there are so many restrictions. They would be getting a reservation out of this and it is my immediate family.

That is exactly what I told the CM... when asked if Mom lived with me, I just said yes... and the CM continued like it was not any big deal... so I do believe that is the only trick to using someone else's PIN...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter