My luggage was not at the port when we got off the ship!! Disney's response...

One's success in getting an issue resolved to their satisfaction usually has something to do with how they approach the CM or customer service agent when lodging a complaint. I have witnessed many an obnoxious guest/patron/passenger lay into a CM/customer service agent - belittling them, making threats, issuing ultimatums, etc - when faced with the same situation that I was currently facing as well (canceled flight, delayed dining reservation, ride shutting down, etc.). Rarely does it result in them getting a resolution any faster, or more to their satisfaction, than the guests who explain their predicament in a respectful and calm way. And typically, the ones who are more respectful and calmer usually get a faster and "more equitable" resolution. :thumbsup2

I have to agree, We all know how helpfull or unhelpfull we can be when it comes to clients who are either nice or horrible to us.;)

Rarely does it result in them getting a resolution any faster, or more to their satisfaction, than the guests who explain their predicament in a respectful and calm way. And typically, the ones who are more respectful and calmer usually get a faster and "more equitable" resolution. :thumbsup2

Exactly! As my mother told us "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

Although Im not saying the op was horrible, this is in general Im talking about.

And just for the record, before I get flamed, I was NOT referring to the OP or anyone else in this thread either; just making a generalization. :)

On our last few trips, I have put matching (big) bows on the handles of ALL our bags. This way it was easy for us to spot them. Plus, I was also able to tell the porter...6 black suitcases with big blue bows.

Ive had bags turn up in different places in the luggage room before, and also had picked up bags of someone elses by mistake.Took me a second to realize it wasnt mine.

Hers a few other tricks that I have learned from both experience and also from working at JFK airport in air cargo.

Besides marking my bags with some type of what I hope is a unique identifier, I also put Bag 1 of however many (1 of 6 for example)on the tag , so I know what bag is missing. You can do the same thing coming to the port or where ever with either duct tape, or those small key tags or anything that you may find.The next one would be 2 of, and so on.Also, I take small zip ties, and zip tie each zipper closed.I put extra in my carry on for the return trip. Keeps the honest people honest, and many times, Ive seen someones bag on the ramp accidently open for one reason or another, and belongings end up all over.If for what ever reason TSA decides they want to look, its easy to pop them with a key or scissors, or what ever they have handy.

Another thing, is to take extra luggage tags with a total number of bags printed on them,so I can match up the tags. I have a habit of forgetting which char. I am.

This is probably the most important.
In EACH bag that you check the night before,or on your way to ANY vacation, in MULTIPLE places, inside and out, place a sheet of paper with your name, address, telephone number,(preferably more than 1 number) and itinerary.This way on the off chance it does get "lost" and it does get found, someone can id the bag, and get it back to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter