My long awaited 21st birthday extravaganza - January 2023

coronationday

Mouseketeer
The first week of January 2023 I'm going to be turning 21 and I want to celebrate in a big way. I have made two different plans and I would like your feedback. My party would be my sister (13), my mother (48?) and my grandmother (78?).

The first option is from December 31st 2022 to January 9 2023

Saturday 31
Sunday 1Monday 2Tuesday 3Wednesday 4 Thursday 5Friday 6Saturday 7Sunday 8 Monday 9

Contem

Contem

Contem

Yacht

Yacht

Yacht

Swan

Swan

Swan

Flight

MK

AK

Relax

HS / EXPO
EP / 5K
Relax/Blizzard

HS/EP

AK/MK

Flight

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner: Steakhouse 71

Breakfast: Cinderella
Lunch:
Dinner: Columbia Harbor

Breakfast: Joffrey's
Lunch: Yak & Yeti
Dinner: Dinoland

Breakfast: Grand Floridian Café
Lunch:
Dinner: Beaches and Cream

Breakfast: Woodys
Lunch: Sci Fi/Brown
Dinner: Backlot

Breakfast: Ale and Compass
Lunch: Space 220
Dinner: Connection Café

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Breakfast: Fuel
Lunch: Docking bay 7
Dinner: San Angel Inn

Lunch: Avatar
Dinner: Pecos Bill

Breakfast: Picabu
Lunch:
Dinner:

The second option is from January 2 through the 12 2023
Monday 2Tuesday 3Wed 4Thursday 5Friday 6
Saturday 7
Sunday 8 Monday 9Tuesday 10Wed 11Friday 12

Yacht

Yacht

Yacht

Yacht

Contem

Contem

Contem

Swan

Swan

Swan

Flight
MK Half Day
HS /EXPO

EP /Race

Relax

AK

MK

Relax/Blizzard

HS/EP

AK/MK

Flight

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Breakfast: Cinderella
Lunch:
Dinner: Beaches and Cream

Breakfast: Woodys
Lunch: Sci Fi/Brown
Dinner: Backlot

Breakfast: Ale and Compass
Lunch: Space 220
Dinner: Connection Cafe

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Lunch: Yak & Yeti
Dinner: Dinoland

Lunch: Steakhouse 71
Dinner: Columbia Harbor

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Lunch: Docking bay 7
Dinner: San Angel Inn

Lunch: Avatar

Dinner: Pecos Bill

Breakfast: Picabu
Lunch:
Dinner:

So, what do you think? Which one would you choose? Pros and con? Some flaws you may see. I really want some feedback

Hi :) I am by no means a total expert ...but I would love to weigh in! First off...YAY 21~ we celebrated our daughters 21st in 2017 in the nice cool balmy August summer lol.

You will have a wonderful time and remember the trip for years to come!

The first option looks great... but I think I might pick the second option just based on dates. You would have a few days at the end of the trip where you will not be battling holiday guests and marathon weekend will be over. That would make your trip straddle the marathon a little more.

Is your desire to do all three hotels? A split stay? I do love a good split stay and you have worked out parks pretty well. Only one you will be bussing to is MK that first morning, and AK from Contemp and Swan.

If you were to do second plan what dinner would you look most forward to? I read so many wonderful things about Topolino's. You could check in to Yacht club and explore...take the sky buckets (I have forgotten the name lol) over to Riviera and have a fun dinner with a fancy cocktail?

Will you be drinking alcohol on this trip? What date will you be turning 21? We did 'drinking' around the world for our DD 21st (not crazy get drunk drinking) but a fun one with her 15 yo brother, grandparents and us. It truly was a great day.

On your change hotel day...

Yacht to Contemp. (Friday) you could sleep in... are you thinking about a Disney Springs day at all? If not you could sleep in.. check out late... head on over to monorail resorts and tour around?

Ok I have written a lot lol. I am sure there are others who might have better advice but that is my .02 worth :)

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Because we are traveling with my grandmother, she may need a break in the middle of the day, so we would like the hotel to be close to the parks. I chose the contemporary because it is my mother’s favorite and close to MK. And the Yacht club because it is close to EP and HS; also I have always wanted to stay there. I put the Swan Hotel at the end because that part of the trip is going to be with another part of the family and if they see Disney prices they might cry.

My birthday is on the third of January and I’m partial to both plans because in one I would be able to have breakfast in Grand Floridian Café (which I have heard is great) and in the other I can begin my day in MK, and with a little bit of luck, eat at Cinderella Royal Table (Cindy is my favorite princess).

I’m really looking forward to Beaches and Cream and Cinderella Royal Table. I thought about going to Topolino’s but my younger sister is a bit of a picky eater and I would have to show her the menu and get her approval .

I will be drinking alcohol on this trip; I actually plan the Epcot day for after my birthday so I could drink around the world. I won’t be getting wasted but I will like to try it at least once. Maybe my mom and I can share drinks, that way we can save a little bit of money and can keep trying stuff.

I think both plans work truly. The only advantage to the second is "maybe" a little less busy toward the end of the trip.

Also with the second trip your birthday would be in MK. You must wear a crown and a sash lol!

We have eaten at GF Cafe three times (which is saying a lot since we have done WDW only 6 times in 27 years lol). IT is a lovely breakfast and resort. I truly hope you get to eat at CRT!!

As to the drinking around the world I can safely say sharing is key! My daughter and I shared our drinks and my DH (who does not drink alcohol) was right there with us pictorially documenting the experience lol. We did snacks and drinks around the world (not doing festival food but the counter service/kiosks). There are places to get small amounts (like ice wine in Canada/Cider in UK....oh and must have the orange grand drink in Frnace!). We ended up at La Cava during Illuminations (pre-covid) and it was empty and so fun.

To find out which 'itinerary' you truly want consider booking one and not the other. If you regret or second guess then you know you want the other. Or flip a coin lol.

Good luck! Thanks for letting me write so much :)

Thank you for sharing your experience! I would probably talk it over with my family and see what they think, if at the end we are still divided I will let a coin decide :)

One thing to keep in mind is reservations with a split stay. You won’t get as much advantage booking the split stay if the reservations/times are such an integral part of your trip. Also I wouldn’t count out Caribbean beach or Pop/AoA for a more affordable option and the skyliner transportation.

My vote is for the first trip option because the NYE fireworks are the absolute best in my opinion. Views from the contemporary are fantastic!

I consider booking Caribbean Beach for the Skyliner but as far as I know there is no way that I can guarantee a room close to the station and I have read there is a long line for it early in the morning. I guess that I would have to keep in mind the split stay when making dining reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter