My first world rant - you're welcome to share yours as well

I'm sorry. If I lived near you, I would take you.

My town is dying. We have lost all of our shopping. Target closed, JCPenny closed, JoAnn Fabric closed, Sears closed, Arbys closed, Pizza Hut closed, KMart closed, Carsons closed I could go on and on. I don't drive anymore after a car accident, so I can't just hop in a car and drive to another town. I can't take the wheelchair bus because it doesn't leave town and everyone is too busy to take me. I just want to go to Target. I haven't been shopping in over 2 months because nobody will take me. If Kroger didn't have click-list, I would never be able to get groceries. Please someone take me to Target.

My local Kroger is remodeling and the store is chaos. Today they had probably 30 extra workers moving stuff all over the place, and they blocked the aisles and shelves and seemed oblivious to shoppers standing there waiting for them to move. The new layout of the store makes absolutely no sense. And with all those Kroger employees in the building, you'd think check out might be faster. Nope. Still only two lines open. I may not go back there.

Comcast is the WORST. Ever! And WTH to the ex-husband thing!!

Comcast. For those of you who are Comcast customers, that's probably all I need to say.
But here's just ONE example-
My cable box bit the dust, so I went to get a new one and was talked into upgrading to a new Xfinity box. (Great, new technology! I'm sure it will be so much better and easier to use!). I installed it, but then had to call back to a Comcast to get the box "authorized". I just got the dang box from you, Comcast, you can't authorize it before you give it to me? Anyway, a mere 2 hours on the phone later it's working.
So, I install one in my sons room. Another MARATHON phone call to Comcast, but it just won't work. I'm told it's because my cable modem and router are so old, I need to update. Because the xfinity boxes connect using my wireless network, despite the fact that I give them no permission to do that. And when I ask the rep " how does it use my network without my express permission and password? " I get no answer.
Ok, so back to the Comcast store to get my new modem/router. I install it. It does not work. So once again I call Comcast. Two hours on the phone, still not working. But, I do finally get passed on to supersecret customer service, which at least seems to be located in America, in a mere hour later it's up and running. Perfect! I am SURE The second cable box will work perfectly now. Nope. Another hour on the phone with Comcast. Still NO. I take the stupid box back to Comcast and get an old non-Xfinity box. Works just fine.
Oh, and at some point during all of this they reinstated my ex-husband as the sole owner of my account. Just because.

Comcast. For those of you who are Comcast customers, that's probably all I need to say.
But here's just ONE example-
My cable box bit the dust, so I went to get a new one and was talked into upgrading to a new Xfinity box. (Great, new technology! I'm sure it will be so much better and easier to use!). I installed it, but then had to call back to a Comcast to get the box "authorized". I just got the dang box from you, Comcast, you can't authorize it before you give it to me? Anyway, a mere 2 hours on the phone later it's working.
So, I install one in my sons room. Another MARATHON phone call to Comcast, but it just won't work. I'm told it's because my cable modem and router are so old, I need to update. Because the xfinity boxes connect using my wireless network, despite the fact that I give them no permission to do that. And when I ask the rep " how does it use my network without my express permission and password? " I get no answer.
Ok, so back to the Comcast store to get my new modem/router. I install it. It does not work. So once again I call Comcast. Two hours on the phone, still not working. But, I do finally get passed on to supersecret customer service, which at least seems to be located in America, in a mere hour later it's up and running. Perfect! I am SURE The second cable box will work perfectly now. Nope. Another hour on the phone with Comcast. Still NO. I take the stupid box back to Comcast and get an old non-Xfinity box. Works just fine.
Oh, and at some point during all of this they reinstated my ex-husband as the sole owner of my account. Just because.
why I am a dish customer today

My local Kroger is remodeling and the store is chaos. Today they had probably 30 extra workers moving stuff all over the place, and they blocked the aisles and shelves and seemed oblivious to shoppers standing there waiting for them to move. The new layout of the store makes absolutely no sense. And with all those Kroger employees in the building, you'd think check out might be faster. Nope. Still only two lines open. I may not go back there.

Is it turning into Kroger Marketplace? Ours did and it's a WORST - random aisles of clothing, shoes, etc. in the middle of the store, and you have to walk through all that mess to get to the MILK, which is situated on the far side of the store near the clothing department. It takes SO much longer to shop there now...

At my nail salon, one of the technicians does an excellent bio gel fill but is terribly careless with polish. When he over polishes he uses the tool to take it off my cuticle and always takes away some of the polish off my nail and then looks at me to see I'm watching, at that point it's almost impossible to fix so I end up with fantastic nails with a crap polish job!

I also work in a medical office with 2-3 pharm lunches per week. I'd kill for Moe's. All we have had last few weeks is sandwiches- Jason's, Panera, Jimmy Johns. Over and over. If I never eat at Panera again it's too soon.

I say a workplace trade is in order! I think everyone in my office would kill for a lunch from Panera! Maybe even Jason's and Jimmy John's... but we don't have those places here so I can't say for certain! :rotfl:

I say a workplace trade is in order! I think everyone in my office would kill for a lunch from Panera! Maybe even Jason's and Jimmy John's... but we don't have those places here so I can't say for certain! :rotfl:

We have 2 of the three & I really like sandwiches, so I'm in!

I'm going to Vegas on Monday coming back on Columbus Day. It's a work conference for my husband expanded into a vacation.

I haven't been there in 8 years (since my 21st bday). My mom is going with us-she hasn't flown since she took me to Vegas. She's been calling nearly everyday since I got back from WDW (on the 18th) about this and that for Vegas.

~Like what luggage should she should take and how should she pack
~what clothes she should bring
~what her and I will do during the day while my husband is at the conference (which will be Tuesday-Thursday)
~do we want to see more shows (than the 2 we have currently booked-we did a ton of shows when her and I went for my 21st bday); she keeps talking about Magic Mike (which her and I did Thunder from Down Under when we went last time)
~how much cash should she take for gambling and any other things
~what she should wear to the airport
~how much souvenirs she'll be getting (she's wondering if she'll want a lot or just a few)
~etc.

Poor mom. Love her but lord the questioning is wearing me out lol. We're already checking her in for the flight plus printing off her boarding pass for her (as we know she won't like the boarding pass on her phone like we're going to do). On the plus side it's actually the first vacation she's taken with us in the near 10 years that I've known my husband so there's a bit of excitement there :)

I have too many pairs of nice, comfortable, and appropriate shoes for certain occasions and struggle to decide which pair I want to wear......

I'm going to Vegas on Monday coming back on Columbus Day. It's a work conference for my husband expanded into a vacation.

I haven't been there in 8 years (since my 21st bday). My mom is going with us-she hasn't flown since she took me to Vegas. She's been calling nearly everyday since I got back from WDW (on the 18th) about this and that for Vegas.

~Like what luggage should she should take and how should she pack
~what clothes she should bring
~what her and I will do during the day while my husband is at the conference (which will be Tuesday-Thursday)
~do we want to see more shows (than the 2 we have currently booked-we did a ton of shows when her and I went for my 21st bday); she keeps talking about Magic Mike (which her and I did Thunder from Down Under when we went last time)
~how much cash should she take for gambling and any other things
~what she should wear to the airport
~how much souvenirs she'll be getting (she's wondering if she'll want a lot or just a few)
~etc.

Poor mom. Love her but lord the questioning is wearing me out lol. We're already checking her in for the flight plus printing off her boarding pass for her (as we know she won't like the boarding pass on her phone like we're going to do). On the plus side it's actually the first vacation she's taken with us in the near 10 years that I've known my husband so there's a bit of excitement there :)

I just love the fact she wants to get her Magic Mike on again, have a wonderful trip!

I just love the fact she wants to get her Magic Mike on again, have a wonderful trip!
Thank you!

If you met my mom you'd have no idea she is about to turn 59. I wouldn't be opposed to Magic Mike...if Channing Tatum made an appearance :rotfl2:. I did have a blast at Thunder from Down Under but it was a different vibe back then-I wasn't even engaged much less married (though I was in a relationship with my now husband). This trip won't so much be stumbling back to the hotel room at 5am with shoes in your hand :lmao:

I've gone to my local Stop & Shop twice now in the last 2 weeks looking for a box of the instant oatmeal I like to have for breakfast. It's Quaker Oats Maple and Brown Sugar....but they don't have it!! They have other flavors and they used to have the Maple and Brown Sugar one....so What The Heck happened? Why can't I find my favorite oatmeal anymore? I'm going to try another store next week :sad2:

They just gave us our new schedule for our cruise in October. I feel terrible for complaining because I know for lots of people their homes and livelihoods are gone and it's just my vacation, but I'm so upset! I had carefully planned our vacation and cruise ports. I had everything figured that we were going to do at each port. I've been packing things away for months. Now we're stopping at all ports that I have no desire to go to. One of them is Belize which I actively do not want to go to. I understand that's the nature of cruising, especially during hurricane season. I just wanted to go on a cruise for my anniversary which happens to be in October. Now I have to totally replan everything. When in Belize, we're probably going to have to stay on the ship.

They just gave us our new schedule for our cruise in October. I feel terrible for complaining because I know for lots of people their homes and livelihoods are gone and it's just my vacation, but I'm so upset! I had carefully planned our vacation and cruise ports. I had everything figured that we were going to do at each port. I've been packing things away for months. Now we're stopping at all ports that I have no desire to go to. One of them is Belize which I actively do not want to go to. I understand that's the nature of cruising, especially during hurricane season. I just wanted to go on a cruise for my anniversary which happens to be in October. Now I have to totally replan everything. When in Belize, we're probably going to have to stay on the ship.
First-world problem; developing nation solution! :teeth: Consider trying these guys - we LOVED them.
http://cavetubing.bz/

I left early for rehearsal so I could grab dinner. I got stuck behind a school bus making stops at 6 pm!!!!! Then I finally just stopped for coffee and it took 7 mins to get my coffee! So i was late to rehearsal. Yeah yeah I know. Total bratty problems. :lmao:

Sorry your pla
I appreciate it and the cave tubing looks awesome, but our group is taking two 3 year olds who aren't big enough for all the adventure stuff in Belize.
Sorry your plans got messed up. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy each other's company. :flower3: And if you ever find yourself back in Belize, those cave are AWESOME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter