My First Stay At WDW

djse7en

Earning My Ears
Well like a lot of posters before me I read a ton of posts before adding my own. P.S. I have been on numerous forums over the years so yes I know how this works about searching for threads on the question you are asking I always like asking on my own fresh thread so that’s done. Here it goes

I have booked WL CL deluxe room 05/06 through 05/12. I have flipped back and forth re thinking stay with WL or switch to poly and yes I know about the room refurb going on at poly this year I just don't know? The big concern is I will have 3 1/2 old twins when we are in WDW so I was thinking monorail for travel convenience but I heard it is down sometimes I am so torn.

Any help would be great, my wife and step daughter have been to wdw before I have been to Disneyland when I was a kid, twins first time. With so much to choose from get lost wading through all of the choices feels over whelming. And yes I know with or without young kids striving to have the perfect vacation will make you blow a gasket.

If money is no object and you prefer the Poly theming as well- go with that one- since it IS more convenient. (I wouldn't worry about the monorail being down enough to let it weigh into your decisions).

However I personally find here on the disboards and myself personally- many people like WL equally if not more than the Poly and it is significantly less expensive. I love the pool area and just the general feel of this resort. I haven't stayed here yet (just visit it a lot) but one day am determined to. I think if you are even a little bit budget conscious WL is the way to go so you can put more money towards enjoyable dinners, future trips, etc.

Can't go wrong either way- two of my favorite favorite Disney resorts! Have a great trip!

WL is beautiful and i love taking the boat to Mk. I like how you ate in the one building. I did not like that about poly. I don't like outer buildings. Artist point is delicious.

Yeah right now poly CL SV is cheaper then my deluxe room WL CL the only reason splurging CL is a treat for the wife we got married the same year as I landed my currrent job and with the training and such we never went on a honeymoon. The one other issue I am having some trouble is room location I
Think if I stay at WL I want a room that overlooks the courtyard and into the bay but i can't figure out all the deluxe CL room locations or a good one to ask for ughh so many decisions lol. I didn't know if this is something the IPO can help me with or who to talk to.

If they're similarly priced- I would probably vote for the Poly than personally. As much as I love Wilderness Lodge- with 2 3 year old twins I think the Poly would be a great option for convenience - plus- it is so "classic disney".

These are my two absolute favorite disney resorts so like I said- you can't go wrong either way. Just looks through all the picture threads, maybe watch some youtube videos that tour the resorts, and then just close your eyes and picture what scenery feels more magical to you.

Good luck!! :)

Yeah right now poly CL SV is cheaper then my deluxe room WL CL the only reason splurging CL is a treat for the wife we got married the same year as I landed my currrent job and with the training and such we never went on a honeymoon. The one other issue I am having some trouble is room location I
Think if I stay at WL I want a room that overlooks the courtyard and into the bay but i can't figure out all the deluxe CL room locations or a good one to ask for ughh so many decisions lol. I didn't know if this is something the IPO can help me with or who to talk to.

When you call the IPO at WL ask if the deluse rooms are in the bear face section. That's the windows that look directly out at the water. We stayed regular CL there and were CY view next to one of the big suites (named, cannot remember the name though) but our room actually looked toward the pool and toward the vicinity of MK. Unfortunately I'm not sure where the deluxe rooms are located. Ooops, just read where the Junior Suites (old name for deluxe rooms) are located on different floors but have CL access via the room key. I found info here: http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

That's a tough choice as they are both great resorts. We haven't stayed in a deluxe room at the WL, but we have stayed CL and CL at the WL is great. The Poly is our favorite resort and we love it for many reasons, although the WL runs a very close second. We love the Poly for the volcano pool, the beach for watching the fireworks, the beautiful tropical grounds, Captain Cooks for quick CS meals/snacks, being just 2 monorail stops from the MK, and having a 5-7 minute walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. With all of that said, the WL is also a beautiful resort and has its perks as well. Good luck deciding, but you really can't go wrong with either one. I would probably choose the one that the theme/decor appeals to you the most as I think you will have a fabulous trip at either resort.

To the OP--with little ones I would definitely stay at the Polynesian. There are lovely paths, a great pool and beach area and always something to do at the GCH. Also, you're from Illinois--have you been to Wisconsin? The WL reminds me of lodges in Wisconsin; perfectly nice, but if youve seen one, you've seen them all. Flame away!!

I feel you polyqueen! My best friend from WI didn't want to stay at WL for the same reason.

There are really good points about the Poly, but with three kids on the trip I think I would go for the deluxe room to have the extra space.

Yeah the convenient location of ttc and the monorail is my thought for rc but i didn't want to stay at a property were there was remodeling going on. Whether your well off financially or not laying down a few thousand for a vacation and having construction going on would be a let down I know the Hawaiian long house is being worked on right now but I am not there so I don't know how noticeable the construction is. It would be great if someone had been there recently to help me with my decision . Thank for everyone's input so far, and yes I know the WI scenery well I run trains through WI all the time :thumbsup2

We found the construction in Hawaii was a non-issue. We spent the mornings in the parks and the afternoons at the resort, so we were around during the construction. No noise issues at all. And the construction at GF didn't bother us either.

The above was posted earlier today on the Poly board:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061136

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter