My first Solo trip. But when exactly in early 2020?

GabetrixDisney

Earning My Ears
Okay so I want to go to Disney. My current job gets crazy around the holidays so I will want to wait until the new year begins and things calm down.
I want to go LATE January/ Early February. I want to avoid as many crowds as possible. I’ll be on a strict budget and staying at the value resorts so I want to be mobile.
Thinking like a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday /2-3 night solo trip but I’m still in the early phase of planning. I was thinking January 27 maybe? What would you folks do?
Thanks

omniscientmommy

Mouseketeer
We went late January 2019 and it was 50-60's most of the trip, one day was 35 and rainy. I prefer to have it warmer so I'd pick later if possible.

YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
Florida weather in January is always luck of the draw--it may be warm enough to swim, it may be so cold you have to wear a jacket your whole trip. If you're set on January/February I would just assume the weather's going to be an unknown factor right up until you go. That being said, late January was my choice for my own upcoming trip. I chose the last week of the month for my booking. That's partly because I can't travel in February due to work conflicts, though, or I might have looked at pushing it a little later.

GabetrixDisney

Earning My Ears
Thanks for the reply’s. I don’t mind having to wear a jacket or occasional rain, I know that comes with the territory. 35 degrees is cold though 🥶

I wouldn’t be against February but during my research I saw a lot of competitions and school vacations begin around that time.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News