My first pin - please tell me its not a scrapper!

JaneSparrow

Mouseketeer
Hi folks! I just got in the mail my first pin. Yup - I was looking for some cheap pins for my son to get him started to pin trading and I instead fell in love with this pin.

Since its my first pin, I have no idea whatsoever if its fake or not. Tell me (I can handle the truth).

Here are the pics and sorry if they are not that clear:

TIA!

Hi there,

Gorgeous, congrats on your first pin! That is all you will need to be hooked on pin trading, buying your first pin. I can't make out the detail of the lettering in the back of the pin because it is a bit dark, but the front looks very nice and vibrant. It does not look oily or smudgy, but very neat. From what I can see from the pics, it looks like an authentic pin. :)

That is a great pin, and to me it does not look as if it is a scrapper at all. Enjoy your new addiction! lol

Thank you all! Now I have to hunt for the other 3 castles to complete the set. This could be bad and expensive - lol!

JaneSparrow -- I think you might have outbid me on this pin! lol. It looks real to me, but I no longer have this pin so I can't compare. If you got this on eBay, and you got it from alices, I would feel safe with its authenticity. Congrats!

JaneSparrow -- I think you might have outbid me on this pin! lol. It looks real to me, but I no longer have this pin so I can't compare. If you got this on eBay, and you got it from alices, I would feel safe with its authenticity. Congrats!

I did get it from Alice's! This could be an expensive hobby. Lol!

Gorgeous pin! Great find. Like someone else said, the multidimensional pins aren't generally scrapped. It's usually just flat pins that are. But hey, even if that was a scrapper I'd still think it a great find!!!

Nice find! I might have to add that one to my wants list. I love pins with Walt and Mickey!

It is absolutely authentic and should be valued (monetarily, not heart-value, which can be much higher!!) at $8-10.

It is absolutely authentic and should be valued (monetarily, not heart-value, which can be much higher!!) at $8-10.

I definitely paid more than that but its ok. There are a lot of listings now for more than what I paid for. There is even 1 for a set of 4 for $99 so $25 each is cheap compared to individual listings. I just didn't want to spend that amount right now.

cool pin! It has the Disney logo so I think that is how you tell they are authentic.

I still have my First pin! Enjoy!

Jane, I actually have the DL Paris version of this pin! I'm going to get the other 3 sometime...
The one I have is also super heavy since it's pin on pin.
Congratulations on your first pin, though! Awesome choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter