My first ever pre-trip report, single mum with two boisterous children. Am I mad?

Aww thank you for all of your comments! Made my day. :)

Bev, I was planning on mainly the 99c stores and that sports place for I-Drive lol. And then get the I-trolley to the Prime outlets. Can I not do that?

I admit to being lost about directions and what is where, I didn't have to pay attention to any of that the last time I went lol.

Great start.
Sounds fantastic,glad your all paid off this is where the fun starts,saving spends etc :thumbsup2
You've done a grand job of organising it all but you don't need me to tell you that..Look forward to reading more :goodvibes

I would presume the itrolley would run up to the Prime Outlets but I have never done it. It would make sense for it to do so.

Just thought I'd add to my pre trippie.

On the 8th, we're getting a lift to the Sofitel and staying there for the night. :D

I think it looks absolutely gorgeous and I wish I could check in later, but I have to wait until my son finishes school, then spend around 3 hours travelling down there. :(

I might be tempted to take him out at midday that day, it won't make much difference lol. He'll be too excited to concentrate anyway!

sofitel_hotel_restaurantbig503739.jpg

sofitel_wall.jpg

01184.jpg

sofitel_hotel_barbig503740.jpg

Image3.jpg

:cool1: that looks lovely Gem let me know if its any good hehe x

It looks fantastic, I think I would be tempted to travel down earlier and make the most of the hotel. He wouldn't miss much in an afternoon and is going to be way too excited in any case.:goodvibes

Great sounding trip:thumbsup2

we do the Sofitel too when we visit the UK and are on our way home - we like to get there before 3pm so we have time with the kids. I see you've planned to eat dinner at the hotel - we always take the kids into the terminal to eat, its a 2 minute walk and theres lots more variation at about a quarter of the price compared to Sofitel restaurant! The kids loved being in the terminal as its so busy and they can find much more food that they like.

hope you have a GREAT trip - and big well done for saving up and paying it all off before you go. You'll enjjoy it so much more knowing theres no bills to pay once you get home:cool1:

Aah, good idea! I'll have to have a look at what restaurants are there lol.

I haven't got the option of paying anything after, I don't have a cc. Which is why I'm taking lots of spending money! As soon as that runs out, we will not have a penny and no way to get any more lol.

$4000 should be plenty though I think, hopefully with enough left over for a deposit for the next trip! lol

You should have plenty of money. The food is so much cheaper over there in any case.

Sounds like a brilliant trip - I will be there 30th Sept - 14th Oct, wave if you see me there :wave: the sofitel looks lovely! You and the children will love Pop Century we stayed there last year and had a great time!

Food is much cheaper over there too - so fingers crossed you have enough for a deposit for your next disney holiday!:goodvibes

wow, there's planning for you ... I've read your ptr and thought I'm going to need some help when we finally book our first trip !!!

I've loved reading your plans and you have two beautiful children, who are going to have a holiday full of beautiful memories

Can't wait to read some more. Happy Planning :goodvibes

Wonderful pre trippie, I was a single mum when I took my daughter then 8 on my own for the first time in 2000, and never looked back, have been 5 times since and love it, you will all have a wonderful time:goodvibes

you should be so proud of yourself to have been able to save for this trip and have worked so hard making it the perfect holiday. Not only the children but you too will have such a wonderful time staying on site especially as you have not stayed before.

looking forward to reading more. well done on making this trip a reality for your two wonderful children.

I read your blog and think you are truly amazing and inspiring (it bought a tear to my eye).

susan

Awww thank you! It does that to me too lol

We're into the 4 month countdown now, not too long to go!

Your PTR sounds great, well done you for getting it all booked and paid for, your children are going to have the time of their lives. :)

I'm already planning my little girl's first trip to WDW and she's only 4 months old, hehe, we're not planning on taking her until she's about 4 or 5 so she will remember it and we've had time to save for it, but I sometimes dream about how happy it will make me to see her face when she sees the castle. :laughing: I don't even know if she will like Disney or not yet, but I think I will be strongly encouraging her. ;)

I'm pretty sure that you can take the I trolley to Premium outlets. :)

Can't wait to see your TR. :)

Great plans :goodvibes You have put me to shame - we fly out on 11th and I havent even started planning :scared1:

your plans sound wonderfull Gem, its a shame I have had to change my dates as would of been nice to meet up.

Well I think it's about time for an update!

7 weeks to go! It's gone so quickly.

The kids passports were done a couple of months back and are safely in my folder, and I've finally been able to get mine sent off today, so hopefully I'll have mine in a week or two.

I've added on 5k each for our luggage each way so I don't have to worry as much about the cost of coming back as I know I'll have loads of stuff coming home!

I've also ditched the transfers and got a hire car! It only worked out £100 dearer in total than the transfers, so though what the heck! It'll save me paying for taxis and being limited and I can do as I please with no waiting either.

2006_Chevrolet_CobaltCoupe_ext_1.jpg

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of unexpected things to pay the last couple of months, added to the fact I haven't been working as much, so I'm going to have to try REALLY hard to get the $3000 spends I wanted to get. I've got $1900 right now with 7 weeks to go!

I have had to cut some of my ADR's off, and they're really good ones as well!

I booked my ADR's a few weeks ago, and did have Coral Reef, T-Rex, Princess Storybook meal at Akershus, 'Ohana's, Donald's breakfast safari, Boma, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, Sci-fi dine in theatre, Teppan Edo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ (paid for).

I've cut out Boma, Sci-fi, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier and 'Ohana's.

I might re-book 'Ohana's if I have enough but I had to make some tough choices there! It's probably saved me about $600 odd, so that helps a lot with spending money.

I don't really need to get much now. I have a big suitcase, and a small one, although I know my mum has a nice one if I need it and a hold all for the plane.

I'm just waiting for my passport to come through so I can do ESTA, then I can relax a bit. Still have £300 to pay for the car, which I'll do in the next few weeks hopefully. It's pretty much just spending money I have to worry about now. Everything I haven't got can wait till we get there anyway (shorts, sunglasses etc)

So, here is my final itinerary, which includes my ADR's and emh hours, so shouldn't think I'll be changing anything around now!

Day 0 Thursday 8th Oct
Pick Cameron up from school after getting Alyssa and drive straight to Leicester
Lift to the airport
Check in at the Sofitel st Gatwick airport
Have dinner
Early night, early start tomorrow

Day 1, Friday 9th Oct
Breakfast at airport
Flight at 10:20am
Lunch on plane
Arrive at 3:05pm
Check into POP Century
Check out resort, grab a bite to eat

Day 2, Saturday 10th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Day at Epcot
Collect passport and get stamps and each country
Dinner at Coral Reef-Epcot: 7:20pm

Day 3, Sunday 11th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Day at Seaworld
Dine with Shamu 12:30pm
Dinner at T-Rex; 7:30pm
Magic Kingdom for fireworks and rides in the dark

Day 4, Monday 12th Oct
Breakfast at Akershus Princess breakfast-Epcot: 8:10am
Day at Hollywood Studios

Day 5, Tuesday 13th Oct
Breakfast at Donald's Safari breakfast-Animal Kingdom: 9am
Day at Animal Kingdom

Day 6, Wednesday 14th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Get picked up and taken to Clearwater
Arrive at 11:30am
Board the Dolphin Encounter boat
See amazing views and dolphins racing you alongside the boat
Arrive back at the beach 75 later
Have lunch (provided)
Spend the day relaxing, shopping, exploring Clearwater
Leave at 5:30pm. Getting back to Orlando at 6:30pm
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare-Grand Floridian: 8:00pm
Clearwater Dolphin Encounter

Day 7, Thursday 15th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Day at Typhoon Lagoon
I-Drive for some shopping
Dinner at Sizzlers/Ponderosa/Denny’s

Day 8, Friday 16th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Day at Magic Kingdom
Wishes fireworks

Day 9, Saturday 17th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Shopping at Downtown Disney
Disney Quest
Dinner in Downtown Disney

Day 10, Sunday 18th Oct
Day at Islands of Adventure
Breakfast with Spiderman-Confisco Grille: ….am

Day 11, Monday 19th Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Spend the day at the resort, possibly Downtown Disney
Resort day
Dinner at Teppan Edo-Epcot: 7:30pm
Evening at resort

Day 12, Tuesday 20th Oct
Breakfast at POP century
Day at Universal Studios
Lunch at Mel's drive in
Evening at resort

Day 13, Wednesday 21st Oct
I-Drive
Breakfast at Denny’s
Visit Wonderworks, Ripley’s, Gatorland,
Congo River golf
Evening in Kissimmee
Dinner at Taco Bell

Day 14, Thursday 22nd Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Tying up loose ends, finish any rides/attractions we’ve missed
Dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ-Fort Wilderness: 6:30pm
Drop stroller off and enjoy the show

Day 15, Friday 23rd Oct
Breakfast at POP Century
Pack bags, load car with luggage
Last day/favourite park/attraction/shopping
Lunch wherever we are
Leave park at 1pm
Flight at 5:05pm
Dinner at airport/on plane​

I'm so excited now!! I really can't wait!:cool1:

The only downside is that a couple of months ago I met the perfect man, :dance3:who has already changed my life and now I have to leave him for 2 weeks lol.

Me and the kids have never been so happy, and to top it all up we'll be in Florida in just 7 weeks!!!!!:banana:

Hello!!! There you are hahaha!!

I bet your so excited Gem! u still got time to get Ben to come LOL!!

Sounds good to me.

I don't blame you for removing some of the Character meals,there was too many to do and if you ask me I don't feel they are worth the extra expense..the odd couple are enough..but sounds like your all sorted. :)
T-Rex is fantastic! :thumbsup2

Just a thought all the breakfasts in Pop will mount up..I'd recommend venturing to Buffet breakfasts with the kids more value for your money and you'll be fueled for the day just a thought we are all different though.
I just thought it soon tallied up eating onsite. :goodvibes

Not long now,soon be there :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter