My F & W Festival Review

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my first Food and Wine Festival! There were so many things I wanted to try but even though I went two days a stomach can only hold so much. Most of the things I did try were so good I had to get the recipe book they were selling so I could make them at home! Plus, it will also enable me to try the things I was too full to get to. :teeth:

My first stop was Mexico, I tried everything here and was very happy! :)

Watermelon Water ~ $1.50, This was about the size of a small or child size soda, I thought it was a good size for the price, it lasted me through 3 more countries and it was delicious! It tasted just like Watermelon. :)

Chicken Taco al Carbon ~ $2.50, This was about the size of a taco bell soft taco, I thought it was quite tasty.

Chorizo and Chicken Quesadilla ~ $3.00, This was a tortilla about the size of the small desert plate it was served on, it had about a cup full of the chicken and chorizo filling on it. It tasted kind of tangy, might have been the lime juice in it, very good.

Mexico gets two thumbs up from me.

Next stop was China

Chicken Sha Cha w/Peanut Sauce ~ $3.50, I thought this was one of the worst portions for the price but it was definitely one of the most delicious things I ate in these two days! It was a skewer with 3 small pieces of chicken on it but they were sooooo good!

On to Australia

Australian Lamb with Caramelized Onions ~ $4.50, This was my other disappointment as far as portion/price goes. I had never eaten lamb before so I wanted to try it. The chop was extremely small but it was quite good. Very tender and juicy, lots of flavor.

France was my next stop

Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart ~ $3.50, This was one of the better deals to me. The pastry was as big as the plate and puffed quite high, it was very light and flaky, the goat cheese and tomato filling was delicious!

Creme Brulee ~ $1.75, I had never had this desert before either so this was something I was really looking forward to and I was not disappointed. It was so sweet, creamy and just YUM! It was almost sinful it was so good. This was probably about 1/2 cup, maybe a little more.

Colorful Eating was my first stop on Sunday

Grapefruit Cake ~ $1.75, This was super yummy! It had a very refreshing taste to it, sweet and tart at the same time but it tasted more like a lemon bar to me than grapefruit. The serving was small but it was kind of rich, I don't think I could have eaten much more of it.

Rose Walk

They were giving away small cups of melon (cantelope and honeydo), bags of peanuts and also small peanut recipe booklets here.

Next I was off to Canada for some of that famous soup!

Cheddar Cheese Soup ~ $2.50, Man, this was one thing that definitely lived up to all the hype I've heard about it! This was another one that was only about 1/2 cup portion size. This was the main reason I bought the recipe book, I had to make some of this at home. I'm not a fan of most brothy soups so this hearty, creamy, flavorful soup was just fabulous to me! :teeth:

My last stop for this trip was the Cognac, Port and Brandy Booth

Flourless Chocolate Cake ~ $1.50, As others have already stated, this tasted a lot like fudge, it was wonderful, rich and creamy with a light chocolate sauce drizzled on top. It was a small triangle but a good portion for the price.

International Cheese ~ $2.00, This was really the only thing I had that I didn't like very much. I'm not a big fan of bleu cheese but it was alright. They gave you about 1 ounce of cheese, a packet of 3 round wafer type crackers and two strawberries. The best part of this was the strawberries. :)

I feel like I hardly scratched the surface and wish I could get back before it ends next weekend and try some more stuff but that's not gonna happen so I'll just have to make the stuff myself.

I've so enjoyed reading everyone elses reviews and I hope that anyone who is going this week enjoys themselves as much as I did!

Oh! One more thing, I went to the Chic concert on Friday night and it was GREAT!!! They put on an amazing performance and really worked the crowd. It was a lot of fun. :)

For a well written and interesting review of your experience.I enjoyed reading your review.::yes:: :wave2:

Yum..so many things sound good! Thanks for posting.

Thank you for the reviews. It helps those of us who've been there relive the experience and gets those who haven't been craving the tasty samplings.

Yes, thank you for the reminder and the refresher as we will be there again this weekend. We managed to bookend the Festival this year with the first and last weekend. I'm looking forward to trying the things I either didn't have time for or was afraid to! ;)

Now that I've read about some of the foods in detail, it helps to know what it is you're getting! I'm hoping to try the Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart and the Creme Brulee among others thanks to reviews like yours! :D

I also had the same reaction to the Grapefruit Cake and said as much in my review when I returned! Sorta lemony and very rich, small but couldn't eat much more! Looking forward to having another piece!! ::yes::

Sounds scrumptious! We did the Food & Wine Festival last year....and you're right...it's a ton of fun!

Thanks for sharing your tastings! Now I'm HUNGRY!!!

I really appreciate all the details you provided. We will be there for the last day this weekend and I will not miss Mexico or France!

Thanks for the reviews--makes me anxious to get to next year's already! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter