My experience making my 180 reservations

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are going during a fairly busy week in April - not Easter but the 3rd week for our school spring vacation. I was right on the computer at 6am. I even checked a few minutes before but yes they open them up right at 6:00am on the dot.

My first attack was to get Ohana - no problem there were a variety of times available, even the prime time dinner of 6pm and 8pm (in order to view fireworks from there).

After that was BOG lunch - again no problem.

Those were really my only 2 hard reservations to get.

I did kind of mess things up because i changed to make it a split stay so i was only able to book for our first 4 nights. So I have to do it all again on Thursday. I know i could call to have them make reservations, but i just like being able to think through and see my options.

One important note that might be helpful for some -- I had both my computer and phone with MDE app. I felt that the phone app was quicker than my computer. I have a mac, our home wifi often is slow, but even with my phone using the same wifi I felt that the reservations were much quicker using the app vs the computer. There seemed to be more steps to getting through the confirmations on the computer -- which could delay you if you had multiple hard to get reservations on your wish list. So if you have a hard to get reservation you might have better luck with the MDE app.

Just my experience others may have different feed back on which method is quicker.

Good luck with the next batch- I would do the same, both my mac and my app on my phone. I liked the phone app better since I felt like it had less steps to click through

I've called. Ironically, we are concierge this year (so they made our reservations) but this is the first year I was able to access 180+10 and/or didn't have computer problems. The last 2 times I had to call on the phone.

This year, I made sure to sign into MDE on my computer and then it allowed me to book more. (I booked a couple and let them book the rest).

We are also going on spring break but are doing universal first. I can make reservations Thursday too. Good luck!
We are hitting universal too this trip, but just at the end of the trip. It was a tough decision to make, but the lack of planning needed for universal will feel amazing for the end of our trip.

I know it is dark side marathon weekend so that will bring in alot of people on thursday (so for them making ADR on saturday) So hopefully things will be open and easy for our (and your) booking. I put our tougher reservations first just in case they are not available towards then end of my trip.

Exciting and stressful time!

We are going the same week as you and I did my very first dining reservations this morning too! I felt so prepared after reading these boards for the past few months....piece of cake! I got a saturday BOG dinner, PPO Tusker House breakfast, PPO Garden Grill breakfast, a Hoop Dee Doo, and a dinner at Marrakesh. Also did the fireworks dessert party with garden viewing....not sure if any of those were that 'hard' to get though. Perhaps it means that week won't be to packed??!! fingers crossed.

I only used a single browser on my mac, but did make sure and have my cc info already saved to my profile and checked that I was actually 'signed in' to MDE.

Getting excited for the challenge of fast passes in a few more months now!

Also did the fireworks dessert party with garden viewing...
we are doing the dessert party on Tuesday!! I wasn't sure if I needed to book this early but figured I can go wrong with booking now and if plans drastically change I think there is a 5 day cancellation policy.

My 180 was yesterday too. I also had no trouble getting ADRs that I was after. BOG dinner, CRT dinner, and CG at 7:30 on my birthday :) I'm thrilled with our plans! Although my PC was slower in loading the pages, I found that the app did not have the same times available that I saw on the computer. I'll probably play around and tweak some of my plans in the next six months, but over all I am very happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter