My exchange student is Autistic.......

Can you email me directly? I think I have an "aspergers" or highly functioning autistic international student from Vietnam and need advice on how to get him out of my house without devastating him. Thank you!

The placement isn't working out. The reasons really do not matter. You should pack anything she left and send it with a registered letter to the agency. Simply state, "we are unable to continue hosting." I would not label the young lady since you do not have an official diagnosis- just suspicions and word of mouth.

Do it today! You want to be sure that they have as much time as possible to find another placement or to let the parents know that she doesn't have a placement. You don't want to feel pressured if she comes back with no place to stay.

I think that this is the all that needs to be said. I would never label any child without a medical diagnosis to back that label up. The consequenses can be devastating, and quite honestly, in this case totally unnecessary. If the dynamic between Host and Student is as traumatic as the OP describes, that is all the reason needed for all concerned.

I think that this is the all that needs to be said. I would never label any child without a medical diagnosis to back that label up. The consequenses can be devastating, and quite honestly, in this case totally unnecessary. If the dynamic between Host and Student is as traumatic as the OP describes, that is all the reason needed for all concerned.
The thread is two years old and the problem presumably long resolved.

Can you email me directly? I think I have an "aspergers" or highly functioning autistic international student from Vietnam and need advice on how to get him out of my house without devastating him. Thank you!

The OP hasn't been here for over a month. You may want to try sending a private message - she may see that in her email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!