My ebay sales have "Died". Anyone having luck selling?

fsufandis

Mouseketeer
Our ebay sales have fallen flatter than a pancake.

My wife and I both sell and we were doing several items per day (back in Sept. Oct. - not counting Christmas months) and now we are lucky to sell 2 or 3 things a week.

What has happened? I can't seem to figure things out.

I'm no novice to ebay (over 1150 feedbacks between the wife and I), but this is the worst start of the year I've ever had.

It's prob the 18 million people who took advantage of the 5 cent listing day. Can't wade throgh all those listings!

I just started selling. I listed our left over vouchers (please note, this is not an offer to sell, they are already listed) but other people listing the same number of vouchers after I listed mine, are getting twice the views and substantially more $$. I have no idea why. I didn't post a pic, but several others didn't either - I used the "&" symbol in the title...could that be a big problem? I asked ebay if I could change the title, but they said no, since it has one bid (it ends tomorrow) but that I could pull the auction. ????

I have triple checked my spelling, everything is ok there...

We had some wireless cards and they sold very well recently.

chuck/julie- I found your auction right away and I must tell you- there is something wrong with the link to your auction on ebay's end. when I click on the link I get - this page can't be displayed but- if I right click and choose "open link in new window" it opens right up. I would contact ebay about this.

if you are e-shopperholic

I had no trouble looking at this auction. The difference, IMO, between your auction that hardly anyone is looking at and the auctions that have lots of bids is the opening bid. Typically, if you start your auction low (say $9.99 or even 0.99), you get a lot of people interested early because they think they can get it for a low price. Once people start watching & bidding on these auctions, the price soars, since the bidders become addicted to winning.

There is no logic to the Ebay buyer. I have sold items for $$$ less than the same item that sells 5 minutes after mine - makes no sense!

So, in this case, you have to hope for the best. In the future, consider a lower opening bid. I know it's hard because you want to make sure you get a certain amount, but especially with these vouchers, they will always sell at "market" price (look at ebay history - you'll never see 4 sold for $14.99).

Also, this auction says lunch dinner, where many others say meal. I try to look at similar auctions that have closed & include key words that the highest auctions used.

You would leave it alone then, and not end early and start over? - Oh, and thanks to you both for your help!

best advice for any sellers on Ebay...... low starting bid and REASONABLE shipping costs ! I have noticed ALOT of people raising their shippng and handling charges (to make up the ebay costs) which turns alot of people away ! I always check the S & H charge before I even read the auctions full description and if that charge is too high, I look elsewhere !

But I DO always pay the 35 cents for a standard photo with my listing. I think when people's eyes scan down a page, a photo catches their eye before they even read the text.

Karla B. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter