My doggie went over the rainbow bridge tonight

Bianca and Bernard

DIS Veteran
My Piper Anne passed away tonight. She was laying in the house late this afternoon, in my bedroom door way, and she wet herself, just laying there. I got her up and moving outside to hose her off (thinking it was a sign of her age, didn't get upset with her) and she laid down in the grass and wouldn't move. I called DH right away, and he was leaving work about 15 minutes later, to take her to the vet (I couldn't lift her, she was too big) when she started having trouble breathing. She moved from the grass to my flowerbed, and just laid there in the shade. I tried to get her to drink some water, but she wouldn't. DS and I spent the next hour giving her pats and love, and trying to get her to drink. DH got home, went outside to get her, gave her a few pats and she passed away. Like she waited for him to say goodbye.

She displaced her hip about a year ago, trying to jump onto my bed (it's really high); and she'd been moving slower, sleeping more. Thought it was maybe just her age (vet said nothing wrong with her). We brought her into the family in 2008, when she was about a year old. She was the sweetest dog; she let GS#2 climb all over her and tug on her fur. Had a serious bark, though...if you didn't know her, you'd think she was a serious guard dog just from the sound.

So, now I'm crying, and DS went to bed in tears. Called DD#2 in Japan to let her know and she cried. I'm gonna miss her.

The day we brought her home

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Our 2 cats are 17, and showing their age. I know we are coming to this point and I dread having to make that phone call to DD. Hang in there, and hugs to all.

I know, sadly I know and am so very sorry. Lost my little dog 2 months ago and some days are really hard. So wonderful you have children to fill your house with love and happiness. It helps!

Much love to you all. It sounds like a very gentle passing, and she knew she wanted to say goodbye to your DH. Our furbabies are such special parts of our families. xxxx

:grouphug: So very sorry for the loss of your furbaby. She is now running free over the Rainbow Bridge, there are many other pets from the DIS family there to help her find her way. In time may happier memories replace the sadness you feel now. She was loved, she loved in return, that's all we can ask of our pets. God Bless you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter