My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Figment’s Holiday Party (December 2016), Continued...

Plaza Inn, Lunch
Figment really likes the fried chicken dinner from Plaza Inn. He's found that it travels well, so he usually gets a couple of dinner to take home with him.

Fried Chicken Dinner - Fried Chicken, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Biscuit and Gravy.
DSC_0260_zpstffoifkv.jpg

Mocha Yule Log - The Plaza Inn had the mocha yule log dessert in honor of the holidays. It's very sweet and has a strong mocha flavor. Yummy!
DSC_0258_zpsmls9k7pu.jpg

Fiddler, Fifer, and Pratical Pig Cafe, Snack
Figment and family were in Fiddler, Fifer, and Pratical Pig Cafe (aka Starbucks) when two CMs came through offering samples of the hot chocolate and caramel chocolate. Both were tasty.

Caramel Hot Chocolate
DSC_0177_zpsllw0o32d.jpg

Hot Chocolate
DSC_0178_zpsfagim7p6.jpg

Bengal BBQ, Snack
Bengal BBQ, along with the Tiki Juice Bar, were offering the Moana Bamboo Sipper. Bengal BBQ also had a special "seasonal" skewer to promote the movie.
DSC_0180_zpsmmaml1kk.jpg

Grilled Shrimp, Sausage, and Pineapple Skewer and Safari Skewer - The Moana Skewer was pretty good. The pineapple was sweet and the sausage and shrimp were both tasty. The safari skewer (bacon wrapped asparagus) was yummy (as always).
DSC_0182_zpsydcijmx3.jpg

Coke Corner, Snack
Chili Hot Dog
DSC_0263_zpsn8vypi8m.jpg

Jolly Holiday, Snacks
The Jolly Holiday is a great place to get a snack and do some people (and parade) watching. There are always several yummy desserts to try and the tomato basil soup is really good.

Jolly Holiday Combo - The tomato basil soup is one of Figment's favorite soups in Disneyland. The grilled cheese sandwhich is a great addition.
DSC_0260_zpsgqevdasq.jpg

Black Forest Bundt Cake - The chocolate cake was very moist and the center was filled with chocolate frosting and cherries. It was very rich, but yummy.
DSC_0258_zps9hlceutt.jpg

Salted Caramel Mickey Macaron
DSC_0266_zpskac94ona.jpg

Raspberry Mickey Macaron
DSC_0269_zpsy5o9m4vb.jpg

Black Forest Bundt Cake and Seasonal Brownie
DSC_0016_zps4lws9c61.jpg

Chocolate Flourless Cake - The cake was very rich, but dense (boarding on a bit tough). He was hoping it would be more like a mousse, but it wasn't. Figment didn't really care for this dessert.
DSC_0021_zpsqnwtk49o.jpg

Mint Whoopie Pie
DSC_0022_zpscxwjtmek.jpg

Gingerbread Cookie - This year's cookie was sweet, slightly spicy, and moist! Very yummy!
DSC_0265_zpsmilmdk9f.jpg

Hungry Bear, Lunch
Pulled Pork Dog - Seared Hot Dog in a Toasted Roll Topped with BBQ Pulled Pork and Citrus Slaw, Finished with Pickled Jalapenos and Fresh Cilantro. The pulled pork was very tender and flavorful.
DSC_0430_zpsr2z7o65v.jpg

Pineappled Upside-Down Funnel Cake - This was one of the best funnel cakes Figment's had at DLR (it's a toss up between this one at the croissant funnel cake from HalloweenTime as to which is his favorite!). The pineapple bits with the funnel cake were so good!
DSC_0431_zpsu06ea0tw.jpg

Last edited:
Fried Chicken Dinner - Fried Chicken, Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Biscuit and Gravy.

Oh my gosh!! I'm so envious you got the green beans! I got carrots about two weeks ago. Not good!

The macaroons looked wonderful as did the other desserts! I wish I could spend more time eating there but living so close I can only go for short periods of time and not so often because of real life!

The macaroons looked wonderful as did the other desserts! I wish I could spend more time eating there but living so close I can only go for short periods of time and not so often because of real life!
The macaron actually travels really well and lasts for a couple of days. We bring a few plastic disposable containers (e.g., Glad or Ziploc, entree size) with us to pack up the macarons and they've survived the drive without too much damage.

Does Jolly Holiday still have the Matterhorn Macaroons?
Yes! They're selling @ $2.99.
I used to get $10 worth, cause they used to be $1.99.
Now, I settle for 2. They are delicious.

Also, stopped in Gibson Girl for a sample of the Fantasia Ice Cream. I had planned to get some while watching MSEP for nostalgia but it was just too cold.

Also, stopped in Gibson Girl for a sample of the Fantasia Ice Cream. I had planned to get some while watching MSEP for nostalgia but it was just too cold.

I really want to try this! The review I read said it just tasted like bananas without the other flavors. Did it seem that way to you? Thanks!

I really want to try this! The review I read said it just tasted like bananas without the other flavors. Did it seem that way to you? Thanks!
Well, I only tasted like a dime sized amount not a full spoon amount and I happened to get mostly cherry. It did have a slight banana flavor to it. I know the description is banana ice cream with cherries and pistachios. I'm sure the banana flavor comes out more with a full taste. I did like it though! I was little when I first had it, but it was my family's favorite flavor back in the day.

According to D23 they're re-theming the Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland to be Beauty & the Beast themed in honor of the upcoming live-action movie (which makes me think this might be a temporary re-theming). They mentioned some new food items (in both Village Haus and Maurice's Treats in Fantasy Faire), including the "Grey Stuff"!
https://d23.com/5-enchanting-ways-t...st-at-disneyland-park/?share_token=0979f31cc4
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...xperiences-in-fantasyland-at-disneyland-park/

Last edited:
According to D23 they're re-theming the Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland to be Beauty & the Beast themed in honor of the upcoming live-action movie (which makes me think this might be a temporary re-theming). They mentioned some new food items (in both Village Haus and Maurice's Treats in Fantasy Faire), including the "Grey Stuff"!
https://d23.com/5-enchanting-ways-t...st-at-disneyland-park/?share_token=0979f31cc4

Any idea when this will be happening?

The movie debuts on March 17, so I would guess these offerings will be in place soon (maybe in time for the movie debut and Spring Break season?).

Hooray!!! Grey Stuff!!!! I have been wanting to try it for so long since BOG opened in WDW but I knew I wasn't going to make it FL anytime soon. I hope that the re-theming sticks around at least through May when I go for Grad Nite again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter