My Disney Girl dolls/Disney Sweetheart dolls?

dizfamily

Mouseketeer
I wasn't sure where to post this. But I'm wondering if anyone has either the My Disney Girl doll they sell at WDW or the Disney Sweetheart doll they sell in the catalog and sell/sold at TDS. I know the My Disney Girl doll at WDW comes with an adorable WDW themed outfit and accessories like an autograph book, etc., and is $40. But the catalog has the Disney Sweetheart dolls on sale for $17.99 and some of the outfits on sale for $6.99. I was hoping to get the Sweetheart doll and then a WDW outfit, but you can't buy just the outfit. The catalog has a DisneyLAND outfit, though. And the lady I talked to at WDW merchandising said she knows someone who has both dolls and the outfits don't fit each other. So now I'm really not sure which to get. Any thoughts? It's for my youngest dd for her 4th bday in March. A friend is going to WDW on Wed and can pick up the doll for me or I can order the one from the catalog. Help!!

We have the dolls from WDW, and think they are of better quality than those sold in the catalog... the hair is MUCH better.. and unfortunately, some Sweetheart dolls have been known to loose their arms! The ones at WDW were $40 when we bought them in October. You can pick from different eye and hair colors, as well... more variety than the Sweetheart dolls. The outfits are really cute, and to my way of thinking, if you daughter is REALLY interested in these dolls, it is worth the extra money to get the better quality. If you are interested in buying the separate clothes, however, I would go with those in the catalog. The quality is good, and they are much less expensive than the outfits in WDW.

The lady at merchandising was right. The dolls are different sizes (My Disney Girl is bigger) and the clothes don't fit each other. We have My Disney Girl and are very happy with her. I liked her because you can choose the hair, eye, and skin color to match your DD. I also got my DD the same t-shirt and I fix her hair in ponytails (even have the same Mickey hair clips), so when we go to the parks they are dressed the same and it looks so cute! She was chosen to "open" the MK that day, and I think that was why. It is more expensive, but I think it's worth it. Also, my DD was Belle for Halloween and we got the Belle costume for her doll.

We bought the Sweetheart doll for my 5-y-o DD for Christmas and bought several of the outfits (some from Disney catalog, some from E-bay, some generic ones that fit 18-inch dolls from Wal-Mart). The good thing about her is that any 18-inch doll clothes will fit her.

Bad things are - her hair is truly awful and I can see how she might lose her arms when little ones are dressing her. Our doll is nice, but it might be good to have better quality. I don't know how many outfits they offer for the Disney Girl doll though. My daughter likes to dress and undress hers.

Also, I tried to order one of the on-sales outfits from the catalog on Friday and they were all sold out (phone catalog sales and Internet site.) That might influence your decision.

We bought clothes for my DD's 2 My Disney Girls from the Disney Store... she has about 20 different outfits, and they all fit both the My Disney Girl and the Sweetheart Doll ( the daugher of a friend of mine has the Sweetheart doll)... as do the generic fashions for 18" dolls found in Target, the American Girl Catalog clothes, and the Laura Ashley Fashions in Toys R Us. The dolls that are larger are from a catalog much like American Girl, and are marketed as "My Twin", those dolls are 22" tall, and the Disney doll clothes, whether bought in the stores, catalog or at the parks, do not fit them.

You can get the My Disney Girl dolls from the parks and order the clothes from the Disney catalog and they WILL fit... I have the trunk of clothes that could prove it!:)

We also have both dolls and the outfits fit both. I cannot remember for certain outfits you can buy at DD or in the parks. I do know that we bought a cheerleader outfit in the Mickey sport shop in DD. I did just receive a new Disney catalog - Semi Annual sale. It shows all 3 dolls and 6 outfits on sale. It also has the trunk and dresser on sale. Hope this helps!

We have two Sweethearts dolls and several outfits. The clothes are pretty good quality and not a bad value for the price (better prices than most things at the Disney store). The dolls are poor quality, though. The hair very quicky became mangled and I absolutely can't comb through it. I cut some hair off, but it just became all tangled again. I had to sew the head back on to the neck of the doll that we've had for about one year, and she doesn't get played with very roughly.

We've gotten two American Girls dolls a few months ago. THey are expensive, but the quality is MUCH better when you see them next to the Sweetharts dolls--AND American Girls has a doll hospital so if something happens to a beloved doll, she can be repaired. The clothing sizes are the same.

The outfits at the parks were around $25 for the set. DD has the Jasmine costume, the dressy Christmas outfit, and the red and green Christmas outfit. I hope they start having the clothes in the Disney Store again, as they were more affordable, and they had a nice selection when they did have them!

The outfits at the parks were around $25 for the set. DD has 3 of those the Jasmine costume, the dressy Christmas outfit, and the red and green Christmas outfit. I hope they start having the clothes in the Disney Store again, as they were more affordable, and they had a nice selection when they did have them!

Thanks for everyone's input. Seems the consensus is that the sweetheart dolls are poor quality. And since all the outfits are sold out of the catalog anyway and TDS doesn't carry them anymore, I'm leaning toward the My Disney Girl doll.

I'm so sorry for giving out misinformation! My DD also has the My Twinn doll and I was thinking of her when I said they were different sizes. I still like the My Disney Girl better than the Sweetheart, but that's good to know that the clothes fit both. Sorry again, and thanks for correcting me!

When I was at WDW last month I saw the My Disney Girl Dolls and outfits and wondered if the outfits would fit my nieces American Girl Dolls. Has anyone actually put these outfits on American Girl Dolls ?

American Girls and Disney Sweethearts are the same size. So if the My Disney Girls are different from the Sweethearts then the AG clothes probably will not fit them.

The clothes that fit the Disney Sweetheart and My Disney Girl will fit any 18" doll, including the American Girl Doll. My daughter has some of many different types of the 18" doll clothes, including American Girl, Laura Ashley, generic 18" doll clothes bought at the arts and crafts store, Target brand, My Disney Girl and Disney Sweetheart doll clothes, and they all fit exactly the same.

How can I get a disney catalog, so I can order the doll costumes? I wish I'd bought them at the park! I just figured you could buy them on-line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter