My Disney Girl 18 inch Doll purchase

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by I like Tink, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I like Tink

I like Tink Earning My Ears

Hi. I am new to this discussion. I was wondering if any of you have purchased the My Disney Girl 18 inch doll either from Disney Store online or at the parks? Is she worth $50.00 ? What is her quality like? I am thinking of purchasing her before we go to WDW on line, since I can use my disney rewards. I think getting the costumes would be a great souvenier for my DD. I have read reviews from 2007, and was wondering if anyone has a more recent review.

Also Where and what stores can you purchase her?

Which costumes are only available at the parks? Disney Store has Belle, cinderella, Tink, Ariel, and Minnie Mouse. Is the Sleeping beauty just reserved for the tea party? By the way do not buy those above costumes on ebay. The Disney store online under parks has them for $24.95.:tinker::tinker:

2. mamaLori05

mamaLori05 DIS Veteran

yes, we bought one. No, I don't think they are worth the $50. I was dissapointed with the quality when we took it out of the box. They are similar, and maybe even a little worse in quality than the ones you see at Target. The accessories like the Mickey Ears were also very poor quality. The ears on it are a very thin plastic, similar to what you find on a microwavable dinner tray. They have the dolls in just about every gift shop, so I don't think you will have a problem finding one if you decide to get one. As far as the outifits, I don't remember which ones they had.

I do think the outfits are cute, and they do fit American Girl. If I could do it over, I would just purchase an American Girl doll (or bring one from home) and dress it up in the Disney Girl clothes.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Becc1

Becc1 DIS Veteran

We bought my DD one last summer while were in WDW and saved it for last Christmas. I don't necessarily think that it was overpriced, it's not American Girl quality but I didn't expect it to be. The costumes are cute, we have Cinderella and Belle, while they fit the Disney Doll fine they are a bit snug on the AG dolls, my DD cannot even dress them herself because you have to really pull hard on them to put on. You can get the dolls all over the place down there, we got ours in DTD.

5. DisneyTravelers2008

DisneyTravelers2008 Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)

has anyone seen these dolls in the parks or DTD lately? Are they still $50?

6. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

I Agree!!! The AG girls got played with a lot more than her Disney doll too.

7. NorthernGrl

NorthernGrl Mouseketeer

Last July we saw them in the Contemporary's gift shop. Not sure on the price.

8. disneysmyhappyplace

disneysmyhappyplace Mouseketeer

I don't think they carry this particular line of My Disney girl dolls anymore. We bought one several years ago and she was never played with. I bought her online at Disney store on sale for $20:) and several outfits on sale. I believe at that time they were discontinuing the line. The quality of the outfits were great! Just not the doll:(. You may be able to find some on eBay:)

9. manhattan

manhattan DIS Veteran

I saw the doll at my local Character Outlet store a few weeks ago, as well as some outfits. I pointed it out to my daughter if she wanted an outfit for her AG doll, she passed.

10. LaurLaur04

LaurLaur04 Mouseketeer

What hair color are you interested in? In September 2010 I searched high and low for a brunette one, only to finally be told that they were discontinued and only made the blonde since they were distributed at the tea party. But hearing about crappy quality....maybe it was a blessing in disguise lol I ended up with a $10 doll from abc and she doesn't play with it so I lucked out!