My Disney Experience phone app now available for Android

It works great on my Acer tablet! Checking it out was probably the hi light of my (bad) day yesterday!

Caution, the wait times never agreed with posted wait times when I checked them in person. DMM did.

I was comparing the MK times on Disney Experience with the TP Lines App yesterday, and they were matching. This was from my couch at home, so apparently you CAN see the wait times out of the parks now.

I was comparing the MK times on Disney Experience with the TP Lines App yesterday, and they were matching. This was from my couch at home, so apparently you CAN see the wait times out of the parks now.

Five days ago it was wrong, and it got progressively more wrong as the day wore on. I've yet to see anyone in the parks post that it has been accurate since then so for now I don't trust it.

I got this on my Droid X2, and the silly thing won't boot. Or run. Or whatever an app does. I get a WDW splash screen, then a sort of grayish screen with the little "loading" loop running... and running... and running... and running... After 10 minutes, I bailed and gave up. Haven't tried again yet, and I'm a little concerned because the old Disney Mobile Magic app has never been able to use location from my phone. (Of course, that may be because I've never been within 1,000 miles of WDW? :))

After I get my phone recharged -- darned Facebook app won't shut itself down and it keeps draining my battery -- I'll try it again.

Of course - right AFTER I return from my trip :( Oh well - we used Mobile Magic - which was fine. The only probs we had was when my darn internet on our phone wouldn't work. Crappy TMobile.

Five days ago it was wrong, and it got progressively more wrong as the day wore on. I've yet to see anyone in the parks post that it has been accurate since then so for now I don't trust it.
I just checked one ride, Toy Story Mania, on both Lines and MDE. Both were exactly the same, 55 min wait, FP return 4:30-5:30. Maybe one is copying the other, LOL. :scratchin Using a Galaxy S III

Realize that the iPhone version is in beta and not particularly useful for attraction wait times and FP return windows. I found this data woefully out of date whenever I accessed it three weeks ago. I didn't even bother to use it this past weekend as a result. Disney Mobile Magic is still the better app for this purpose.

Agree - this app was pretty unreliable and useless last week.

Wait times don't update as the day progresses. You need to totally shut down the app, then reopen it for it to update to current data, then you would often find that the reported information was not correct.

It would also crash (shut down) or freeze upon opening.

I punted and also used Mobile Magic.

I just checked one ride, Toy Story Mania, on both Lines and MDE. Both were exactly the same, 55 min wait, FP return 4:30-5:30. Maybe one is copying the other, LOL. :scratchin Using a Galaxy S III

I just checked it out of curiosity (from home) and the wait times and FP windows seemed reasonable. Maybe it's working at the moment, but it's not what I would call reliable yet. :)

Still trying to get My Disney Experience to work on our Nexus 7. Has anybody had any luck?

Still trying to get My Disney Experience to work on our Nexus 7. Has anybody had any luck?

I've got the .apk if you're interested. You'd have to load it manually, rather than going through the Play store. It looks great on my 10" Asus tablet.
Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it over.

Just wanted to update this and say I just extracted the latest update of the app from my phone and it still works great on my 10" tablet. If anyone wants the .apk send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

There was just an update last week. Maybe the update doesn't work on the Nexus 7?

On my Droid Razr Maxx I notice its much faster.

I've got a 10" Asus Transformer. Maybe my screen is too big for it to come up in Play? Anyway, I got the update on my phone and extracted the .apk to put it on my tablet. Works fine.

The update that loaded on my G III phone a few days ago has not updated on my 7. The 7 has not updated yet. So, if you were trying to pull from Play for a 7 now, probably not yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter