My Dining Reviews!

jsternad

Mouseketeer
We just got back last night and I thought I might post some dining reviews! *Disclaimer - I'm by no means a "foodie", but I love to eat and I know good food. :)

Tuesday - Kona (Poly). I think this was the only meal that was just okay. I had the Island Chicken Sandwich and it was just okay. Sweet potato fries were good. My kids both wanted the cheese tortellini and neither of them ate more than one bite, which is weird because I've never seen them refuse pasta of any sort. My mom said the hamburger wasn't very good (but this is common for her lol). Our waitress was a little snarky when I told him my kids didn't like the pasta. This was the only eh server we had.

CRT - We loved it, but it was super late after a full day of traveling. I had the chicken and it was very yummy. My mom and husband had the steak and they both liked it a lot. Mac n Cheese is the standard Disney mac n cheese. Desserts were yummy, I had their seasonal cheesecake. The princesses were so sweet and it was great to eat in the castle. It's not something I think we'll splurge on again unless my daughter is princess-crazy next time we go, but it was great to do this time! (She's 4).

Wednesday - BOG Bfast - food was just fine, pretty standard, and everyone liked it. I don't think we'll huff and puff so early in the morning for it again though.

Wed Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern - ONE OF MY FAVS! DeLICIOUS. We had the family style platter and it was so yummy! I'm not a pot roast person, but I tried it and then didn't want to eat anything else. SO TENDER, falling apart, great flavor! YUM. Salad was yummy and fresh, and the sides were all great - corn, mashed potatoes (real and perfect), great stuffing. And the Ooey Gooey Toffee pudding - HOLY. That was my favorite dessert of the week. OMG. Highly recommend! We had a wonderful, sweet server and everyone was so nice. My mom doesn't like toffee so he brought her a different dessert on the house. :) IT WAS WONDERFUL!

Wed Dinner - We went to Columbia Harbour House. I tried the lobster roll. I don't like lobster but wanted to try it anyway. It was okay. My mom who does like lobster said it was pretty good, but not great. The bread was yummy though.

Thursday bfast - Garden Grill - AMAZING! Great bfast, standard fare, but the cinnamon rolls are amazing and the fruit is great. Great eggs, mickey waffles, sausage, bacon, juice, and the characters are so great! It's a small restaurant so they come around several times and we get to high five and wave again! I think this character bfast will be a must do every time we go. Mickey, Pluto, and the chipmunks. The scenery is great too!

Thursday Lunch - We went back to swim at Poly since it was 96* and we ate at Captain Cooks. I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with cheddar, bacon, Teriyaki sauce and pineapple salsa and it was super yummy! I honestly didn't know what was on it, I just saw chicken sandwich and told my husband to get me that while I seated our kids and was blown away by it. I normally don't like pineapple on anything other than by itself or in a fruit salad and this was great!

Thursday dinner - le Cellier - DATE NIGHT! My husband and I had our date night at le Cellier and IT WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING. I know a good steak. I only eat GOOD steak, I'm not a steak person normally. My husband and I shared The Porterhouse for Two and it was HEAVEN. It came with two small sides, which we didn't even finish (we got the smoked regular mac n cheese instead of the lobster) and mashed potatoes and both were some of the best I've ever had. The cheddar cheese soup was SO good, and of course, the poutine was awesome. The cheesecake was pretty good. I'm kind of partial to Cheesecake Factory, and this wasn't as good, but still yummy. I had the filet side of the porterhouse and my husband had the other side. I'm not usually a sauce with my filet person, but the blue cheese fondue dipping sauce was super yummy! I just can't understand why this place gets a bad rep. It was awesome, seating was close, but not too close. I couldn't overhear anything anyone else was saying. It wasn't quiet by any means, but it wasn't rambunctious. Overall, one of the best dinners all week. Simply amazing. And whatever wine I had was awesome. I had 3 glasses. :)

Friday bfast - Crystal Palace Character Bfast - super fun and yummy, as usual. The kids stuffed french toast - holy hell, I could eat myself sick with it. I love the selection of fruit they always have. Everything else is pretty standard bfast, but great. Characters (Tigger, Pooh, Piglet, Eyore) were awesome, as always. Didn't take long at all to see all of them and the kids parade is just TOO adorable. Love it there!

Friday Lunch - we just snacked. Gaston's cinnamon roll - SO GOOD and HUGE! The ham and cheese pretzel is super good too.

Friday dinner - My mom and I had our "date" at CA Grill and WOW. I'm not huge on pork, but I had had a steak the night before and wanted to try something different, so I got the pork and ACK! SO OMG Delicious!!!! I ate every single bite. Literally. The goat cheese polenta was so amazing (HUGE fan of goat cheese). They had a blueberry cheesecake for dessert that was super good. My mom had that chocolate thing and she said it was great, along with her steak. I tried her steak, but I liked my pork better (which is saying A LOT!). Overall, 10/10.

Saturday bfast - 'Ohana. Super adorable. All standard bfast stuff, served family style. It was all delicious and the characters were wonderful and the kids parade was just too cute. If we weren't staying at the Poly already I'm not sure I would have made a separate trip all the way over there for it, but we were and my kids both LOVE Lilo and Stitch right now, so it was wonderful for us this time. The sweet bread they serve right away is YUM.

Saturday Lunch - San Angel Inn. I thought it was yummy. I had the chicken enchiladas, my husband had the steak skewers of some sort, the kids quesadillas got devoured, so over all it was a hit (and I love they serve green beans with the kids meals). The restaurant is super fun and my margaritas were delish (and you can get one to go!). I'd love to go again and try something else! (and we're from SE TX so we know Mexican food).

Saturday Dinner - Via Napoli - YUM! Pizza was really good. We just got a large with cheese on one side and pepperoni and sausage on the other. Kids liked it, hubby (who is super picky) liked it, and my mom liked it. Our waiter was pretty slow and we were seated in the back on some sort of patio, which I didn't love, so I think we got a little overlooked, but he was very nice (and HOT!) just a little slow. I think his name was Mario.

Sunday Bfast - Boma. We moved to Animal Kingdom for the last 3 nights of our trip. I had heard amazing things about their bfast buffet, so we decided to try it at 9am. I had the goat cheese and spinach scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and TWO servings of the french toast bread pudding. SO GOOD. Everyone loved their bfast, until.....

About 3pm my husband started feeling off. Very puny, queasy. Few hours went by and he started having AWFUL back end issues, followed by nausea. He wasn't sure he would make it home without getting sick. I had some zofran on me, so I gave him that and he followed us home slowly. He ended up getting violently sick during the night, but one and done and he felt 100%. We didn't eat lunch that day, so, as much as we don't want to point fingers, it sounds like something was bad at Boma. The only thing he ate that none of us did was the carved ham. No one else in our party got sick, and having 2 little kids, we're pretty in-tune with symptoms of a stomach virus, which he really doesn't think it was. He says it definitely felt more like food poisoning. I HATE writing this, I really do because everyone else loved what they ate, but it looks to be the case. I'm sure this isn't a regular thing with them, I've heard way too many amazing things. We probably just got unlucky. He has a pretty iron-clad stomach, so it must have been bad. Anyway, maybe just steer clear of the carved items? ;)

Sunday Dinner - Biergarten - We obviously canceled this ADR, unfortunately. I was looking forward to it! So, I had Nachos from Pecos Bill and they were yummy! I was, however, disappointed, that they didn't have pickled jalapenos on their toppping bar. But I'm from SE TX so no everyone likes heat like me lol. It was still yummy.

Monday Bfast/Lunch - We didn't do bfast since DH had been sick. We got the kids kid meals once we were at HS at Rosie's I think? A turkey sandwich (which my 8yo son says was the best he'd ever had lol) and some chicken nuggets and my mom and I and the kids just snacked. DH rested in the room to make sure he was good to go.

Monday late lunch - 50's Prime Time. I loved it! whoever the bartender was was VERY generous with the wine, which is always good. :) My mom had the fried chicken which she said was yummy, I had the stuffed pork chop which was really good! I asked for mashed potatoes instead of roasted, which wasn't a problem, and they were DELISH. What I REALLY loved was the apple crisp! It was SOOOO good. My husband had a little of the chicken noodle soup, which is he said was good, but he was afraid to eat too much lol. Poor guy. Kids was standard chicken nuggets and macncheese, which is always okay with my kids. This was a super fun restaurant, and I loved looking at all the decor and recognizing things my grandmothers had in their houses, and my mom loved the TV show snips! Overall, so fun and loads of good conversation starters! Great home-cooking.

Monday dinner - Raglan Road. OMG. The SHOW! It was incredible. I think they played and danced the majority of the time we were there. And seeing my 4yo and then my 8yo up on stage river dancing - AMAZING! I had the goat cheese salad which was delicious, and the bread pudding - there are NO words. It's the most amazing thing on the planet. My husband loved his steak (he was confident in eating again!) and my mom really liked the fish and chips. The kids burgers were good. Overall, this was the most enjoyable dinner as far as entertainment goes. It was awesome. We will ALWAYS go to Raglan Road when we're at Disney, for sure. :)

We ate our last meal at Wolfgang Pucks Express and it was super good. I had the macncheese and it was great, my mom said the chicken was outstanding. They had wine, too. YAY!

Overall we had a great trip, aside from the food positioning. I swear, I will update and retract my statement if anyone else in our party gets sick this week, but it's been 4 days almost and nothing from anyone else, so it's not looking likely. Anyway, I loved all the selections we made ADRs for and I'm excited to add "must do's" to our list and trying new places next time! <3

Last edited:
IMG_0447.jpg

Le Cellier

IMG_0450.jpg

Crystal Palace Bfast

IMG_0641.jpg

Via Napoli

IMG_0534.jpg

CA Grill Dessert (blueberry cheesecake)

sounds quite delish..sorry to hear about the hubbys tummy, UGH! food poisoning, though could have been, not totally convinced of it, as it is simply so easy to catch a little virus bug, on a glass, spoon etc etc, ..regardless, glad he was still able to enjoy the trip.

Your reviews truly appreciated, despite the sickness, sounds like you all had a great time!

sounds quite delish..sorry to hear about the hubbys tummy, UGH! food poisoning, though could have been, not totally convinced of it, as it is simply so easy to catch a little virus bug, on a glass, spoon etc etc, ..regardless, glad he was still able to enjoy the trip.

Your reviews truly appreciated, despite the sickness, sounds like you all had a great time!

It really is so easy to catch a bug of some sort. The reason he's pretty convinced it was something he ate was that it was so short lived. Only about 6 hours and then he was pretty much back to normal, which hasn't ever been the case with a bug. They usually have him down for at least 24 hours and another day or two of feeling weak and puny. Glad it was so short, but I hate that it was something at disney. :/

Ooh we order a pepperoni metro pizza every year at Via Napoli, I could just eat one now! Delicious

Great reviews! I think we may try Ohana this time. UG on the stomach issue - I always am afraid someone will get sick on vacation. I dread it.

That pizza was huge!!!

We just got back last night and I thought I might post some dining reviews! *Disclaimer - I'm by no means a "foodie", but I love to eat and I know good food. :)

Tuesday - Kona (Poly). I think this was the only meal that was just okay. I had the Island Chicken Sandwich and it was just okay. Sweet potato fries were good. My kids both wanted the cheese tortellini and neither of them ate more than one bite, which is weird because I've never seen them refuse pasta of any sort. My mom said the hamburger wasn't very good (but this is common for her lol). Our waitress was a little snarky when I told him my kids didn't like the pasta. This was the only eh server we had.

CRT - We loved it, but it was super late after a full day of traveling. I had the chicken and it was very yummy. My mom and husband had the steak and they both liked it a lot. Mac n Cheese is the standard Disney mac n cheese. Desserts were yummy, I had their seasonal cheesecake. The princesses were so sweet and it was great to eat in the castle. It's not something I think we'll splurge on again unless my daughter is princess-crazy next time we go, but it was great to do this time! (She's 4).

Wednesday - BOG Bfast - food was just fine, pretty standard, and everyone liked it. I don't think we'll huff and puff so early in the morning for it again though.

Wed Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern - ONE OF MY FAVS! DeLICIOUS. We had the family style platter and it was so yummy! I'm not a pot roast person, but I tried it and then didn't want to eat anything else. SO TENDER, falling apart, great flavor! YUM. Salad was yummy and fresh, and the sides were all great - corn, mashed potatoes (real and perfect), great stuffing. And the Ooey Gooey Toffee pudding - HOLY. That was my favorite dessert of the week. OMG. Highly recommend! We had a wonderful, sweet server and everyone was so nice. My mom doesn't like toffee so he brought her a different dessert on the house. :) IT WAS WONDERFUL!

Wed Dinner - We went to Columbia Harbour House. I tried the lobster roll. I don't like lobster but wanted to try it anyway. It was okay. My mom who does like lobster said it was pretty good, but not great. The bread was yummy though.

Thursday bfast - Garden Grill - AMAZING! Great bfast, standard fare, but the cinnamon rolls are amazing and the fruit is great. Great eggs, mickey waffles, sausage, bacon, juice, and the characters are so great! It's a small restaurant so they come around several times and we get to high five and wave again! I think this character bfast will be a must do every time we go. Mickey, Pluto, and the chipmunks. The scenery is great too!

Thursday Lunch - We went back to swim at Poly since it was 96* and we ate at Captain Cooks. I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with cheddar, bacon, Teriyaki sauce and pineapple salsa and it was super yummy! I honestly didn't know what was on it, I just saw chicken sandwich and told my husband to get me that while I seated our kids and was blown away by it. I normally don't like pineapple on anything other than by itself or in a fruit salad and this was great!

Thursday dinner - le Cellier - DATE NIGHT! My husband and I had our date night at le Cellier and IT WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING. I know a good steak. I only eat GOOD steak, I'm not a steak person normally. My husband and I shared The Porterhouse for Two and it was HEAVEN. It came with two small sides, which we didn't even finish (we got the smoked regular mac n cheese instead of the lobster) and mashed potatoes and both were some of the best I've ever had. The cheddar cheese soup was SO good, and of course, the poutine was awesome. The cheesecake was pretty good. I'm kind of partial to Cheesecake Factory, and this wasn't as good, but still yummy. I had the filet side of the porterhouse and my husband had the other side. I'm not usually a sauce with my filet person, but the blue cheese fondue dipping sauce was super yummy! I just can't understand why this place gets a bad rep. It was awesome, seating was close, but not too close. I couldn't overhear anything anyone else was saying. It wasn't quiet by any means, but it wasn't rambunctious. Overall, one of the best dinners all week. Simply amazing. And whatever wine I had was awesome. I had 3 glasses. :)

Friday bfast - Crystal Palace Character Bfast - super fun and yummy, as usual. The kids stuffed french toast - holy hell, I could eat myself sick with it. I love the selection of fruit they always have. Everything else is pretty standard bfast, but great. Characters (Tigger, Pooh, Piglet, Eyore) were awesome, as always. Didn't take long at all to see all of them and the kids parade is just TOO adorable. Love it there!

Friday Lunch - we just snacked. Gaston's cinnamon roll - SO GOOD and HUGE! The ham and cheese pretzel is super good too.

Friday dinner - My mom and I had our "date" at CA Grill and WOW. I'm not huge on pork, but I had had a steak the night before and wanted to try something different, so I got the pork and ACK! SO OMG Delicious!!!! I ate every single bite. Literally. The goat cheese polenta was so amazing (HUGE fan of goat cheese). They had a blueberry cheesecake for dessert that was super good. My mom had that chocolate thing and she said it was great, along with her steak. I tried her steak, but I liked my pork better (which is saying A LOT!). Overall, 10/10.

Saturday bfast - 'Ohana. Super adorable. All standard bfast stuff, served family style. It was all delicious and the characters were wonderful and the kids parade was just too cute. If we weren't staying at the Poly already I'm not sure I would have made a separate trip all the way over there for it, but we were and my kids both LOVE Lilo and Stitch right now, so it was wonderful for us this time. The sweet bread they serve right away is YUM.

Saturday Lunch - San Angel Inn. I thought it was yummy. I had the chicken enchiladas, my husband had the steak skewers of some sort, the kids quesadillas got devoured, so over all it was a hit (and I love they serve green beans with the kids meals). The restaurant is super fun and my margaritas were delish (and you can get one to go!). I'd love to go again and try something else! (and we're from SE TX so we know Mexican food).

Saturday Dinner - Via Napoli - YUM! Pizza was really good. We just got a large with cheese on one side and pepperoni and sausage on the other. Kids liked it, hubby (who is super picky) liked it, and my mom liked it. Our waiter was pretty slow and we were seated in the back on some sort of patio, which I didn't love, so I think we got a little overlooked, but he was very nice (and HOT!) just a little slow. I think his name was Mario.

Sunday Bfast - Boma. We moved to Animal Kingdom for the last 3 nights of our trip. I had heard amazing things about their bfast buffet, so we decided to try it at 9am. I had the goat cheese and spinach scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and TWO servings of the french toast bread pudding. SO GOOD. Everyone loved their bfast, until.....

About 3pm my husband started feeling off. Very puny, queasy. Few hours went by and he started having AWFUL back end issues, followed by nausea. He wasn't sure he would make it home without getting sick. I had some zofran on me, so I gave him that and he followed us home slowly. He ended up getting violently sick during the night, but one and done and he felt 100%. We didn't eat lunch that day, so, as much as we don't want to point fingers, it sounds like something was bad at Boma. The only thing he ate that none of us did was the carved ham. No one else in our party got sick, and having 2 little kids, we're pretty in-tune with symptoms of a stomach virus, which he really doesn't think it was. He says it definitely felt more like food poisoning. I HATE writing this, I really do because everyone else loved what they ate, but it looks to be the case. I'm sure this isn't a regular thing with them, I've heard way too many amazing things. We probably just got unlucky. He has a pretty iron-clad stomach, so it must have been bad. Anyway, maybe just steer clear of the carved items? ;)

Sunday Dinner - Biergarten - We obviously canceled this ADR, unfortunately. I was looking forward to it! So, I had Nachos from Pecos Bill and they were yummy! I was, however, disappointed, that they didn't have pickled jalapenos on their toppping bar. But I'm from SE TX so no everyone likes heat like me lol. It was still yummy.

Monday Bfast/Lunch - We didn't do bfast since DH had been sick. We got the kids kid meals once we were at HS at Rosie's I think? A turkey sandwich (which my 8yo son says was the best he'd ever had lol) and some chicken nuggets and my mom and I and the kids just snacked. DH rested in the room to make sure he was good to go.

Monday late lunch - 50's Prime Time. I loved it! whoever the bartender was was VERY generous with the wine, which is always good. :) My mom had the fried chicken which she said was yummy, I had the stuffed pork chop which was really good! I asked for mashed potatoes instead of roasted, which wasn't a problem, and they were DELISH. What I REALLY loved was the apple crisp! It was SOOOO good. My husband had a little of the chicken noodle soup, which is he said was good, but he was afraid to eat too much lol. Poor guy. Kids was standard chicken nuggets and macncheese, which is always okay with my kids. This was a super fun restaurant, and I loved looking at all the decor and recognizing things my grandmothers had in their houses, and my mom loved the TV show snips! Overall, so fun and loads of good conversation starters! Great home-cooking.

Monday dinner - Raglan Road. OMG. The SHOW! It was incredible. I think they played and danced the majority of the time we were there. And seeing my 4yo and then my 8yo up on stage river dancing - AMAZING! I had the goat cheese salad which was delicious, and the bread pudding - there are NO words. It's the most amazing thing on the planet. My husband loved his steak (he was confident in eating again!) and my mom really liked the fish and chips. The kids burgers were good. Overall, this was the most enjoyable dinner as far as entertainment goes. It was awesome. We will ALWAYS go to Raglan Road when we're at Disney, for sure. :)

We ate our last meal at Wolfgang Pucks Express and it was super good. I had the macncheese and it was great, my mom said the chicken was outstanding. They had wine, too. YAY!

Overall we had a great trip, aside from the food positioning. I swear, I will update and retract my statement if anyone else in our party gets sick this week, but it's been 4 days almost and nothing from anyone else, so it's not looking likely. Anyway, I loved all the selections we made ADRs for and I'm excited to add "must do's" to our list and trying new places next time! <3

Awesome review! Thank you for this...it's helping me make some clearer decisions BIG time! We'll be in WDW for 10 days this Christmas.

You sound like you had a great time (besides poor hubby with that one bad meal!). Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!