My Dad

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
Hi, friends, listen, I don't want this to be a downer, but I did want to share with you all that my Dad just passed away this evening. He was a smart, funny guy, who was the living epitome of Frank Sinatra's power ballad, "I Did it My Way." He left a bit of wreckage as a result of that "tude," but by and large I think we all could profit from sharing his courage. If you're the praying sort, I sure would appreciate the prayers.

SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD, VIKI. HE IS IN ALL MY FAM's PRAYERS! May he rest in peace. :(

Viki.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I'm glad to hear your dad did it "his way" and in the next few days and months it will be important to remember that.

I'm sure the next few days and weeks will be rough on you, logistically and emotionally, just remember when times get tough, you have all of us behind you, spiritually, emotionally, and in a Disney kind of way, as a family.

Take it one moment at a time!

When the time is right, make a double dirty, put on Frank real loud, and let it go! Your dad must be so proud of all you have accomplished with your life, and now he is at home!

If there is anything I can do let me know.

Mike

So sorry to hear about your dad! I just lost mine.. well not JUST... it was 2 years ago.. but it feels like yesterday.. but in a good way... I can think of him now with a smile and a laugh... I wish you strength and peace in this emotionally charged time.

Kathy

Viki,

While it has been a while since I "talked with God" I promise you, your father, and your family will be in my prayers tonight. Despite never knowing him I am sure he must have done some truly wonderful things in his life to have such a wonderful, kind-hearted daughter. I wish you and your family all the strengh and courage during this difficult time. If you need to talk, vent, cry or laugh, you know where to find us.

:grouphug: Noah

You guys are simply the best and I want you to know that in the moment you guys are providing me enormous comfort.

Aww Viki, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that having such good and fond memories will fill your heart and ease your pain. :grouphug:

Viki - I am so saddened by your loss. Even though we only met the one time at WDW, I feel like I've gained a good friend through our conversation on these boards. You are a good, kind person, which reflects glowingly on how you were raised. I lost my dad 13 years ago, and as time went by, I was able to look back and smile remembering the good times. As said earlier, just take it one day at a time, and know your DIS family is here for you. You and Gwen are in our thoughts and prayers.

Penny

Viki - I am so sorry for your loss. Your father sounds like a wonderful person and I hope that in time your memories will provide comfort. Your dad, you, Gwen and the kids will all be in my thoughts and prayers. When you need some support you know that we are all here for you - I know it's not the same as talking to someone in person but maybe our group can offer an escape for you when you need it. Please take care of yourself during this time.

Aw Vik, I'm so sorry. Your Dad sounds like a great, albeit tough, guy! We must have been raised by the same man!

Sending you many, many, many thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Viki,
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( You and your family will definitely be in my prayers. Continue to be strong, and KEEP that wonderful, beautiful memory alive of how he lived his life. He sounds like the kind of person I would LOVE to have known. The kind of free spirit I think we would all like to posess! Please keep your chin up, and know that you have a lot of people hugging you right now... :grouphug:
-Christal

Viki I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am a HUGE believer in the power of prayer and positive energy though. So I am sending you lots of prayer & peace. You have a lot of people thinking about you and sending prayers your way, and you deserve every ounce. Take care of yourself, remember to eat and rest, and ask for what you need. :hug:

So sorry to hear about your loss, Viki. Am sending you mental chicken soup (with rice AND noodles).

So sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds a lot like mine was. You and your family are definitely in our prayers.

Best wishes in this difficult time. You seem like you have a wonderful family to see you through this loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!