My Baby's Gone...

Escape Artist

Planning another getaway
Waaaah.....

We took my 15-year-old daughter (soon to be a 10th grader) to the airport this morning, where she got on a plane *without us*! Some of you are probably pros at this and I know I need to let her grow up and all, but I'm not ready yet!!!!! She's my oldest, and she was a test tube baby. It's hard to believe my 5-cell embryo has grown up enough to get on an airplane to fly halfway across the country by herself!

She's headed off for the time of her life--attending a Girl Scout "destination" in the San Juan Islands in Washington State, a place we've never been. She'll spend the week with 13 other Girl Scouts who will be kayaking and backpacking their way around the area. Then next Saturday, she's having a reallllly long plane flight, and we get to pick her up in Orlando during our stay at Fort Wilderness.

I don't think I'm going to rest easy again until I see the whites of her eyes, but with her off on her trip, at least I can start getting ready for ours. So I guess there is a silver lining around this cloud hovering over me--I get to start getting ready for FW.

But I just can't smile about it yet, which feels so strange. Usually I love getting ready for the trip, but this time, things don't seem quite right around here. :confused: Hope I get over it soon.

Sue in Texas
...wistfully wishing I could turn back time...

But I just can't smile about it yet, which feels so strange. Usually I love getting ready for the trip, but this time, things don't seem quite right around here. :confused: Hope I get over it soon.

Sue in Texas
...wistfully wishing I could turn back time...

I totally get it Sue !! :hug: My oldest goes to band camp each summer for 12 nights and it's about 3 hours away. I can't imagine her boarding a plane and being that far away on her own :sad2:

Hang in there, I'm sure she is having a great time and will be really happy to see you at FW soon. What a great place for a reunion !!

Sue this is for YOU:grouphug: . It sound like a trip of a lifetime for her. Then she gets to fly to Orlando and go to Disney with you:thumbsup2 Oh my I do have to say that ALL sounds like Fun!
Hang in there the Week end will be here before you know it!:hug:
Cindy

Wow, that would be a hard thing to do. I'm sure she will make lots of memories though.

Wow, it sounds like a really fun trip!! I am so happy to hear that Girl Scouts are still doing that kind of stuff. I had heard and read that they had gotten away from the outdoor stuff somewhat

I completely get it! It's so hard to let go! Just think, though, this is a trip of a lifetime for her! She will remember this forever and you will both be stronger for it! You may not be feeling super about FW now....but wait til she gets off that plane! The vacation and all the catching up will begin!!!!!

Oh, and if it was anything like my high adventure trip in Girl Scouts, expect her to be dirty and tired (and be prepared to ditch or burn some of the clothes she was wearing on the trip).

Hopefully there is a base camp with a good shower she can take before she gets back on the plane.

Thank you all so much for your empathy and support! :flower3: There is a big hole in our family right now, but I know my daughter is checked in where she's supposed to be and should be having a good time. She'll be back with us in less than a week, it just feels so weird to be here with her so far away.

I am coming around today, or at least I was until I started working on my FAX to FW. I've never asked for a special request before, but I really hoped we could get an adjoining campsite with my inlaws. It's been on our reservations since the beginning.

Then it hit me as I was looking over our travel documents...AAA messed up my reservation!!!!!! They booked a "preferred" campsite for my inlaws, but a "full" hookup for us!!!!!!!! They were both supposed to be "preferred"!!!!!!!! :headache:

I called the AAA lady ASAP, but now I'm kicking myself for not noticing it before. Yep, preferred sites are sold out on the WDW website, and since we're renting Tina's RV, it's not like we can move it in the middle of our trip. I've had this reservation since February, but I didn't notice it until just now. I am so frustrated with myself and AAA!!!!

Grrrrrrrr.......

Sue in Texas
...could sure use a little miracle with FW reservations, right about now...please, please, please...

I guess reading posts from women is as close to a woman as he's gettin'

(did that make sense?)

Not true as long as they make bathrooms with windows...The Don will ALWAYS be close!!!

excuse me while i go hang blinds in my bathroom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!