my AP rate hotel check in experience

martin33

Mouseketeer
FYI we just got back from 2 nights at PFB and I booked the AP rate without having our AP yet. As with most everyone on this board there was no issue checking in. Check in hostess confirmed AP rate and I told hr I would be getting my AP at the park. She said that was no problem. No instruction to show it once purchased. On check out my bill showed the AP rate, but for completeness I showed the AP at front desk after check out anyways.
Thanks for everyone who helped with my concerns/questions on this beforehand

You only need to purchase one AP right, not one for each family member? Reading the "perks" online, it seems like you could purchase the AP at the park and then turn around and purchase the other tickets for your family members at a 15% discount? Thanks! Trying to figure out if I am/can do this.

Yes, you need one for the room. I can't help with discounted tickets as I purchased others ahead of time through Undercover Tourist. I think gate prices are higher than purchasing ahead through Universal even, so you would have to do the math to see what is best.

I got an AP last year and was never asked to show it during 2 stays using the AP rate. I would never advise anyone to not buy the AP. but found it odd that we were never asked to see it.

You can do that, Whitney, but the gate price is something like $20 more per multiday ticket than buying online. So you have to do the math to see if the AP discount makes the tickets more or less expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!