MY "ADVENTURES n DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED STUFF" TR; SEPT '15 (W/PICS & VIDEO)

WOWZERS!!popcorn::
What a strange and crazy topsy turvy last 12 weeks I have had!

But.....
F-I-N-N-A-L-L-Y.............

I am forever grateful to someone who not only believes in me but this is also the very same individual who is helping me TREMENDOUSLY begin my journey back into a sense of all things normal - to him I say a very heartfelt ** THANK YOU **

And yes, the journey I am also referencing to is my weight loss. I have cleared out my refrigerator of all 'those bad' things.....like Chocolate, Rice Krispy treats, etc.
AND -

the cardio & core workouts begin TUESDAY this week!!:woohoo:
Looking forward to it actually and will promise to clue you in on what I am replacing the bad foods with as well.

Also,
will let all of you who are kind enough to be reading this TR how I am doing.

** AND **

Looks like the earliest I can rebook this Disney adventure is June which is good as well. I really miss this adventure and am really looking forward to this vacation as yes, it will be a celebration of a lot of things as I will also be using it as an motivation for my weight loss.

AND.....
I will also be using this as an motivator as well:

Which is, yes - we all go through trials and tribulation and such in life sometimes but ya know, why let it get to you?? Never give up and one day, YES - you will overcome any obstacle.:goodvibes
Instead, put it in your rear view mirror and move forward to bigger and better things. Yes, have I got a story to tell ya about my last 90 days in life, but give me credit for being honest as I now prepare for the fun of cardio and core workouts. ** IN SHORT, STAY STRONG **

So
who knows what wildlife Ladybug & I will see (we saw our first Coyote a few days ago!) while out jogging but will keep all of you in tune with this as well.

and lastly, THANK YOU MODS for allowing this TR to remain alive as yes, I feel that just like a Disney animators saying, nothing ever goes away in Disney, it just sometimes put on a shelf to be taken back down at the appropriate time.

Would like to send approximately every 14-21 days updates on L.B. and I -
and also what we are doing to rebook this vacation.

So until then -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857

So the other day I stopped on by a local 24 Hour Fitness workout facility (Las Colinas area of Irving, Texas) and asked them about how to approach jogging (cardio) and lifting weights in my garage (core) as I was concerned about not maximizing the overall effect of the workouts due to it be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dang cold outside.

** OKOKOKOKOKOK....I will admit it.....I "don't do cold." **:headache:

and I mean it's averaging about 35 to 38 degrees when I and Ladybug are out and about.......which is not bad BUT.....when you factor in rain = YUCK!!:mad:

So I approached the two nice people at 24 Hour Fitness and well - lets just say they turned around completely my attitude about cold weather and getting in your cardio and core workouts!!:woohoo:
Per se, they remarked that YES - you are sweating, its just in a different way (you wont really be seeing sweat) and that YES - your body is getting in its proper workout......just don't bundle yourself up like the Michelen Tire Spokesperson:laughing: and you will be ok.

**** TOO COOL!! - THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME THIS!! ****:yay:

What does all this mean?? This will definitely help L.B. & I in relation to getting in our workouts and it of course will go a long way in the bonding between her & I as I really really do appreciate and value her.
What do we do?? We do jogging for one hour daily and lift weights for 1 hour daily as well with me using her as a live barbell - SERIOUSLY - its too funny as she and I (as part of my workout) do lunges, squats and scissor/leg kicks together....I mean hey she weighs about 24 pounds ....just the right weight amount (she kept on getting in the way of me working out on the weights and well one day I had an "ah ha" moment and thus I have now incorporated her into my daily core workout).
And SHE is the one who approaches ME while I am lifting weights to do this (don't worry, I am aware of her and where she is at at all times when I am lifting weights).:goodvibes

Recently though, I have begun to see some subtle changes in me since we have last talked.:goodvibes
Well, for starters I can now begin to feel a difference in my waist line in relation to putting on pants as I will begin to post my BM numbers starting Tuesday next week (and Ladybug's as well).paw:

My estimated overall weight loss goal? = anywhere from 30 - 40 lbs BUT.....and I do stress but....a lot just depends on how much I weigh when I step on that scale starting Tuesday next week. I am thinking that I weight 225 and I wanna get down to 185-190; which should put me at a BMI of 26.2.:cloud9:

ANYWHO -
enuf 4 now. Ladybug says ARF and until next time -
(approx. 180-210 more days to go & I can rebook this vacation adventure = WOO HOO!!):yay:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS YA'LL:wave2:

So the other day, L.B. & I are out jogging on a flat surface when she spied a dog on the horizon and of course wanted to say 'hello' to her new found friend. Of course, I agreed and off we went into a grassy open field by a near by church.
We were having fun jogging at 3am in the morning when 'Murphys Law' just had to intervene with me catching my left foot toe area clearly in a open (NOT COVERED) what looks to be like a water sprinkler/ hole that hasn't been used in years but wasn't covered up with a covering of some sort or yanked out and smoothed over with dirt, etc.!:eek:
YUP!
So down I went in a heap -

Once severe twisted left ankle and left knee later, both L.B. & I are really relying on each for support as we work our way through this. Little irrated over this but it is what it is. I am still lifting weights as I recover. Wish me luck.

I am rehabbing the living heck outta these two areas and should be back up soon.:goodvibes

Now about that pesky topic of numbers -:sick:
Ladybug's weight: 24.2 pounds.:woohoo:
Weight to lose: *approx. one *:banana:

MY WEIGHT 220 lbs at 6 feet tall:confused3
okokokokokokok.....not the best but I will take it
Weight to lose: 30 lbs:goodvibes

More numbers coming up -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'allpopcorn::

Just a quick update on Ladybug & I -

WOWZERS!! When your body is sooooo used to jogging then you stop due to rehabbing your left knee & ankle = MAN O MAN O MAN!!!!
(I have never been through something like this before) :hug:
Pssstt!!! I am using cold compresses, sleeping on my side, using Icy-hot, taking asprin, getting up and stretching as much as possible, you name it I am doing it cuz this stinks!!
and -
When those tendons & ligaments tighten up?- IMHO they take forever to get loosened up but I am able know to walk up a flight of stairs ON MY FEET.....and not have to crawl up the stairs which is serious progress.:thumbsup2

Feel like just need a few more days before L.B. & I can get back outside and begin walking........then progress back to fast walking.......the finally make it back to jogging.:goodvibes

Which is good cuz I can tell she too is going stir crazy......as I noticed the downstairs of our home was just covered with cotton (looked like is was snowing SERIOUSLY) when I made it downstairs late this evening....saw her.....as she stopped...... looked at me as if to say:

" NO....ah it was like this when I got here!":blush:
(there was cotton protruding from her mouth as she was obviously tearing apart a pillow)

and with that -
hmmmmmmmmm........

MENTAL NOTE: I too am looking forward to 'getting back' out there and rediscovering the joys of bonding with your 4-legged family member while outdoors jogging and such.
and -

yes, will open up morepopcorn::
(as time goes by) about what I am doing in relation to my workouts, what I am eating, drinking, HOW I am working out, what / who motivates me and what I consider to be safe weekly weight loss totals, etc.

Cuz if for nothing else, what I am doing also innertwines back into my dream of going back into the land of the house that Walt & friends built as I look forward to rebooking it soon at the appropriate time.:goodvibes

UNTIL NEXT TIME

T.T.F.N.
&

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES -:crutches:

Well -
My left knee finally popped back into joint on its own as I can now handle Ladybugpaw:
more and more while on her 8 foot long corded extend-a-leash -
(and my left ankle calmed down as well )

and through all this zaniness, I FREAKIN' lost a pound and a half!!:yay:

My weight loss totals to date:

Weight lost: 1.5 poundsparty:
total weight left to lose = 28.5 pounds
have slated to next input my blood pressure and a few other items as the weeks progress so don't worry.

AND...........
my home mortgage payments left to make to be at a ZERO balance = 33:worship:
(I have even asked my Bank rep what to bring all of them when its at zero AND.....
I also did gently tell them to make sure Security is aware of me that day so they don't 'freak out' as I do come in peace to have some gentle fun at this as I am really really rreeaallyy busting my rear end to get this at a zero balance asap)
per se, YYEESS, I will be bringing/using noise makers like you see on NYE, store bought cup cakes, brownies, etc for all, etc........I mean = WHY NOT:yay:

and lastly, strange as it seems, I seem to be back in the Christmas mood as I am now refocusing my attention on December of this year as all what I am currently doing will really begin to come into focus by then.

Feels great to be back to normal again cuz I tell ya, we really take our bodies for granted and I have truely come to appreciate mine after these last 7 days.:littleangel:

Lookin' forward to rebooking this adventure soon.
(yes, I will be rebooking this through MEI Mouse Fan Travel)

until next time

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all:santa:

Last edited:
*** THANK YOU 'NURSE LADYBUG'** & ALL OF YOU CAR HORN 'HONKING' DRIVERS'***

Well, popping in for a minute to give a quick update on Yours Truely and his trusty sidekick, "Nurse Ladybug."paw:

Well......
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y she & I have whittled down what normally is a 2 hour fast walk down to 2 hours and 25 minutes while out and about at Duck Creek Park - which is good as she has really really helped me get back into the swing of things so yes, fair to say she & I should be back to jogging in a few more weeks.:love:

Though I do add, she and I did see a household off in the distance with STILL THEIR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP.:santa:
Hmmmmm.....gonna stay outta that one with it being FEBRUARY and all.......:P

While we have been out and about, it sure is sooooooo dang nice to hear some people honking their horns (in support of us) as I have told some people in the area so please do this should they see us out doing our thing - which is soooooo nice to have this kind of encouragement cuz I tell ya, recovering from this knee injury STINKS and the recovery time is taking longer than I thought it would.:headache:

Now onto that pesky topic of weight loss:
I have lost an additional 2 pounds (for a total now of three pounds lost) which is good party:
BUT........
I need to get off my rear and find out my blood pressure, etc so yes, please be on the lookout for this and other numbers on me to get updated.

ANYWHO -

broke away from this weight loss thing for a small moment and did a HERSHEYS VS CADBURY chocolate 'taste testing' the other day (in relation to the fight these two companies are engaging in over rights to sell Cadbury in the USA) and IMHO, here is what I have come up with:

1) Hersheys tastes more with a cocoa taste to it while
2) CADBURY chocolate tatses more like a milk chocolate based candy.

OVERALL WINNER IMO = CADBURY.:love:

Allrightee -
gotta boogy for now (off to the Bank to make a Mortgage payment AND Principle reduction payment as well).
and I
just burned a cd of Disney music, etc that mirrors perfectly this adventure
(for my car to and from work as a way to decompress.....song list to come out shortly I promise)
AND lastly........

wait for it
wait for it........

have been I-tunes'ing' Christmas music onto my Ipod recently as well.

Am thinking of rebooking this adventure sometime in June-July area.:santa:

(photo shot while visiting WDW; Jan '12)

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:
:sunny:LET THE 'FAT LADY SING' CUZ......
DSCF3550-1.jpg

(photo shot while visiting Disney Archives; March 2010)

gotta a pretty cool announcement to make!!:chat:

I have been very quiet these past few months for a very good reason and its...
well -

lets take the most important one first.....

which is......
wait for it.........
wait for it...................

NOW!!:smooth:

1) I HAVE ONE ------Y-E-S------ ONE MORE HOME MORTGAGE PAYMENT AND I WILL BE @ A Z-E-R-O ......YES ZERO BALANCE ON MY MORTAGE!!:yay:

It hasn't hit me yet but the overall feeling I am feeling now is a sense of relief.........
as I know it will open soooooooo many more doors for me -

:moped:- INCLUDING TAKING VACATION ADVENTURES -:car:

Final payment will be made in 360 more hours.......
but whose countin?:rolleyes1

SO....
what does all of the above mean?????

Well -
it means that I will be celebrating all week long during Memorial Day week -
(OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE, IHOP, MAGIC TIME MACHINE, you name it and I am doing it.....will post pics and videos I promise).........

ANYWHO -
2) By approximately then, rates and dates for Disneyland will FINALLY:tongue:
open up for the year 2016.................
(or very quickly thereafter)

Which will THEN mean 'enuf of my silliness' and get back to getting off this flat lining of weight loss (I am still holding at a 7 pound weight loss) &

lose about an additional 25-30 pounds of weight since there is a lot of
things I want to accomplish while I am out visiting Disneyland, Catalina Island & Universal Studios.....

3) - IN APRIL 2016!!:sunny:
(YES, I AM CHANGING THE DATE OF ARRIVAL ON THIS ADVENTURE.....WILL CHANGE THE DATE IN THE TITLE OF THIS TRIP REPORT ONCE IT IS REBOOKED IN A FEW MORE WEEKS)

So, in my 'lame defense,' I have really been busting my rear end these past few months really getting this mortgage issue behind me, and have been using food & drink as a 'slight carrot in front of my nose' as a motivator for this positive issue and now that its' about to be behind Ladybugpaw:
and I,
we can BOTH now focus in on our weight (my weight loss will also include 10 additional pounds since I am a foodie at heart and want to discover potato soup, lemon cake, etc while on this adventure).
(ppsstttt!!! we have also been using all you 'car horn honkers' as motivators as well.....THANK YOU...PLEASE KEEP IT UP):thanks:

So,
until next time (in about 4 weeks), I will be toying with taking an Adventures by Disney's 'Backstage Magic' tour (in 2016) and a new Honda Civic car (2016 as well).......:cloud9:

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all:)

Last edited:
:thanks:**** THANK YOU 'TINK' ****:thanks:

(photo shot while @ Hollywood, April 2010)

My equivalent of 'Tink' seems to have taken form in Ms Jennifer.kelln@mei-travel.com as she has really stepped forward to help assist in bringing to life now my vacation adventures that will now be taking place in September of this year.:yay:

My reasoning behind moving up the date of this adventure are numerous with one of them because it's Disney's 60th anniversary, my 'big birthday' (that should have been celebrated December of last year), weight loss, , etc.......and.......

can't forget -

.........I have also just put on order my, "DON'T LAUGH IT'S PAID FOR!":)
signs for our home since..........

wait for it.......
wait for it..........

NOW!!

....as of today, our home is now paid off with a z-e-r-o balance on the Mortgage!!:love:

LUV IT!!
AND -

just got back from "The Original Pancake House" restaurant celebrating this and IMHO, that place rocks!!:worship:

Had me a Mediterranean that couldn't be beat....

**** YYUUMM!!****:love:
(take note of the sourdough bread just to the right of the freshly squeezed glass of orange juice):cloud9:

Never been there and plan on going back there Next Wednesday before YUP, ya guessed it, it's NOW......

FINALLY TIME......
to drop the remaining 25 lbs I wanna drop so I have have even more fun on this adventure.
Weight loss begins in earnest next Wednesday -

So if ya wanna see how L.B.paw:

and I do it, stay tuned (yes, she will also be dropping a few as well).

and
yes, you will see more pop in more and more as I plan on VERY quickly blogging once a week.

ANYWHO -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:)

Last edited:
OK.....SO TO GETCHA ALL CAUGHT UP ON ON THIS PRE-TRIPPY REPORT....-

(photo shot while out visiting WDW; Jan 2012)

I did promise ya earlier (on page one) a cd list of music I listen to and the way to and from my work as a fun way to always keep yourself in a DISney mood.:)
Now, to set the tone here - I usually find music that closely matches what I am doing for that particulat day.

Plus, since things have now changed a wee bit, I thought I would give ya a quick shout out on what I will be doing. This may be modified a few more times between now and date of departure - but rest assured the essence of what you see listed below is what I will be doing.....just it may change on WHAT DAY I will be doing them.

And again, keep in mind my intention of going is to 'slow down' and attempt to see literally everything behind the berm while also seeing the various park's building's architecture and such while at the same time just having fun acting like a kid. :tongue:

So without further adieu, here is my music selection for this adventure:

My DAY ONE

After being picked up from LAX in a town car (I have that reserved to and from LAX), it will feel so nice to be taken in style to Disney's Paradise Pier hotel - my home away from home for the next 7 nights & 8 mornings or so.
And I plan on kicking off the festivities by doing -

Lunch out at Downtown DISney followed by a milkshake at Haagen Daz Icecreamery. Then head out to
DIsneyland & see Mickey & the Magic Lamp. Boogie on over to DCA & Wine Country Trattoria for dinner & wine tasting later on.........is really all I wanna do, just my my feet acclimated to the area)
and of course, see all the new parades, fireworks shows & such.

Songs on my car cd -
1) "Chim Chim Cher-ee" (East Wind) by Colin Farrell
2) "Frankenweenie Disney Logo" by Danny Elfman
3) "Welcome to Radiator Springs" by Larry the Cable Guy
4) Radiator Springs Racers: Attraction Ride Through

Day TWO
I plan on celebrating my birthday on this day):bday:
with -
Character Breakfast at Goofys Kitchen; Disneyland hotel @ 8am. 2)Tour: DIsney's California Story Tour; 10am -1pm (at Disney's California Adventure Park) Again, afterwards, I am bound to meander around both parks for a bit, then head back to the Hotel for some swimming and mabey watch the fireworks show from its rooftop or see all the new 60th anniversay parades and such....

Songs on my cd
5)"Birthday" by the Beatles
6)"Birthday" by Katy Perry
7)Overture - Main Street , USA by Disneyland Orchestra
8) Disneyland's 10th Anniversary show snippet
9)He's a Pirate" by Klaus badett

Day Three
I plan on doing
Tour: 'Cultivating the Magic Tour' @ 9am (2 hrs long) Mabey head back to the hotel for a quick nap of still stay in the parks then....... 3)Dinner reservations/Worldf of Color 'package' at Disney's California Aventure's Carthay Circle Restaurant; 7pm followed of course by the 9:45pm showing of World of Color

Songs on my car cd
10), The Haunted Mansion by Paul Frees and Xavier Atencio
11) "Beetlejuice: Main Titles" by Danny Elfman
12) "Oogie Boogie Song" (from 'the Nightmare Before Christmas' cd)

(just puts me in that Halloween mood since this adventure is so close to All Hallows Eve!

13) "Superstition" by Raven Symone

Day Four
I will be spending all day out on Catalina Island; zip lining and going on various tours.

Songs on my car cd
14) "I feel Fine" by Ernie Halter
15) Rivers" by Patrick Deluca

(I love the tv show, "Motion" and these songs are just sooooo right for this day.

DAY FIVE:
I plan on doing
1) Character Breakfast: 'Breakfast with Minnie" 8am @ DIsneyland 1) Tour: 'Walk in Walt's Foosteps'; 9:30am at Disneyland 2)Dinner reservations @ Napa Rose?? Time??

SONGS on my cd
16) "Alexander's Ragtime Band" by Don Miller

DAY SIX:
I will be doing -
Tour: VIP tour all day at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Songs on my car cd -
17) "Universal Studious Fanfare" by Dominik Hauser
18) "Green Eggs & Ham" by the Seusetts.
19) "Curious George" by Dr. John
20) "I Wanna Be Loved by You" by Betty Boop:flower3:

Day Seven:
I will be doing -
Character breakfast @ Storytellers @ say 8am. followed by 'saying my goodbyes' to the park followed by 1) Dinner reservations at Blue Bayou restaurant.....time?? (water view)
and of course, seeing all the new parades, fireworks, etc one last time.

Songs on my cd
21) Disneyland Park: "Fantasmic" (from the Disneyland Resort cd)
22) "Seasons of the Napa Vine" by Bruce Broughton
23) "Soarin' Over California":love:
23) "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror":scared:
24) "Main Street Electrical Parade" (also from the Disneyland Resort cd)
25) "Remember Dreams Come True" by Julie Andrews

Day Eight::sad:
(DEPARTURE DAY)

I will be doing -
Spa retreat at Disney's Grand Californian Manadra Spa. Time?? kind of spa desired: 1a) Manadra Deep Tissue Massage 1b) Reflexology massage. 2) followed by Late departure from Hotel ; say 1pm

Songs on my cd
26) "So Long" by the Singing Busts
27) "Mickey Mouse Club, Alma Mater"

AND TO THINK -
I am attempting to "slow down" while on this adventure......:rolleyes1

ANYWHO -

SEE YA IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
THE HUMAN SIDE OF WALT DISNEY & FRIENDS....

(photo shot while visiting DL; March 2010):)

Been having fun these last 2 weeks getting rid of the weight I put on:crazy2:
(please see page 1 of the TR for the answers to why, etc) in the last 3 months of last year and the first 3 months of this year and hey, I can say the following:

1) I weigh now 219 lbs:yay:

2) My BMI = 29.7

and yes, fair to say that this is a good starting point for me to work from and yes - will keep everyone in tune with how I am doing on this quest between now and the time I leave for this vacation adventure.
My overall objective?

Easy - to not stop until I hit 188 lbs.:cloud9:

and Ladybug??paw:

She's initially coming in at 27.5 lbs -
so she needs to lose 3 lbs as well:yay:

Hey......how come she only has to lose just 3 pounds and I have to lose more than that?
Hmmmmmm..........:crazy2:

ANYWHO -

Been reading up a lot recently on all things Walt Disney and such
(to gear up for the upcoming adventure)
&.....

(a picture of Walt & Lilian located inside the Lilly Belle Pullcar - April 2010)

I am just now am beginning to see the Human side of him and all who brought to us all the things that we have come to love and enjoy about the park they built.
Some things that I have found out have me doing a "Ah ha" moment while others have me doing a scratching my head and saying, "HUH?":yo-yo:

But through it all, it still doesn't change my opinion about him and his friends as they - IMO- were a wonderful bunch of thinkers and creators who should be thanked by all of us for all that they have done.:)

Here is a short video clip of Walt's Barn - shot in April 2010 when I saw it:

(double left click with your computer mouse of the above video & it will play for you)

FYI - Here is some info on that cute little yellow colored train depot that you see behind the Tour Guide with all the lanyard pins:
-(courtesy of the internet) -

Ollie married a fellow Disney employee, ink and paint artist Marie Worthey, in 1943. Marie Johnston died May 20, 2005. Ollie's lifelong hobby was live steam trains. Starting in 1949, he built a 1" scale backyard railroad, with three 1/12 scale locomotives, now owned by his sons. This railroad was one of the inspirations for Walt Disney to build his own backyard railroad, the Carolwood Pacific Railroad, which again inspired the building of the railroad in Disneyland. Ollie was a founding Governor of the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society along with his fellow Disney animator and railfan, Ward Kimball. The 1/4 scale Victorian depot from Ollie's backyard was moved and restored to a location near Walt Disney's Carolwood Barn at the area of the Los Angeles Live Steamers club in Griffith Park, Los Angeles.
In the 1960s Ollie acquired and restored a full-size narrow-gauge Porter steam locomotive, which he named the "Marie E." On May 10, 2005 it ran during a private early morning event on the Disneyland Railroad. To date, the only time The Walt Disney Company permitted outside railroad equipment to run at any Disney Resort. This engine and its consist were sold to John Lasseter of Pixar Animation Studios fame. The engine is fully operational and ran at the Santa Margarita Ranch near San Luis ..........'

So, this got me to thinking & I sent out an email to a Rep at Pacific Carolwood Railroad and got a reply of -

"
Kris
I received your question from Michael. I help run the Disney Barn and was part of the crew involved in moving Ollie's depot.
I believe we moved in around 2007. Would have to look back in my notes to find a more accurate date but it was after Ollie moved up north. It was the first project of the new the Carolwood Foundation right after we formed it from the Society.
Yes, it was disassembled to be moved. It had a great deal of termite damage mostly in the roof.
We actually hired a contractor (who is a member of the Live Steamers) to move it and reassemble at the park. He also repaired and painted it for us.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Bill Barbe
Disney Barn Crew Chief

ANYWHO -

This adventure has now been booked......:love:
What's next is to finish booking the additional add-ons and this will be taking place in about 3 more weeks.

So until then -
I am now off to watch some pretty neat dvd's of

1) Theme Parkology Presents, "Tower of Terror - Journey to the 6th Dimension"
(a behind the scenes dvd if ya will of all things TOT):scared:

2) Theme Parkology Presents, "The Historic Tale of Universal Studios Hollywood"
(featuring Bob Gurr)

Never been to Universal Studios - looking forward to it..................
and
am just now beginning to see TOT is really Disney paying homage to all things Twilight Zone so looks like I have got a lot of catching up to do.:teleport:

(one of the many Disney things I have decorating the interior of my home)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
***TRICK OR TREAT??****

Just found out a few weeks ago that there is a possibility I would get to enjoy the fun of Trick or Treating out at Disneyland in........

**1,876 more hours**

But who is countin??:)
(WHO WOULDA THUNK IT....BEiNG ABLE TO GO TRICK OR TREATING TWICE IN ONE YEAR? - LOL)

So
Gonna find out in 2 weeks if that is true and if so, YES......
look for me to add that into the already fun filled adventure of mine.

AND speaking of fun -1) I weigh now 216 lbs:yay:

2) My BMI = 29.3
3) Pulse = 107 /62

Ok.....I am getting there & that's what counts and as always.....
My overall objective?

and Ladybug??paw:
She's initially coming in at 27.1 lbs -
so she needs to lose (now) 2.5 lbs as well:yay:

Need to make a slight edit here as my additional add ons won't be added until another 15 more days which is ok by me -

Alrightee everyone -

ITS 1,776 more hours and the fun officially begins!!:tongue:

- HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:teleport:

Last edited:
** YOUR WEIGHT LOSS RESULTS MAY VARY**

So
I stepped on the scale the other day and even surprised myself as here are the totals ending yesterday:
1) I weigh now 210 lbs:yay:

2) My BMI = 28.5
3) Pulse = 107 /62

Ok.....I am getting there & that's what counts and as always.....
My overall objective?

and Ladybug??paw:
She's now at 26.8 lbs -
so she needs to lose (now) 2.2 lbs as well:yay:

I am starting to see that in regards to losing weight, what works for me is to really watch what I am doing 6 days a week, then play a little in regards to calories 1 day a week.

Oh......But do not misunderstand........
I do plan on having a lot of fun while on this vacation in regard to the food and drink department.:drinking:

Speaking of that, the Dining reservations have now been all reserved & set.........
and the various Tour Add-ons will be added in 3 more weeks -
(THANK YOU JENNIFER AT MEI TRAVEL.COM):worship:

By then, I should be receiving my travel documents.:tongue:

ANYWHO -

Just found out that I will NOT be trick or treating while on this adventure:sad:
since that won't start until September 25th BUT........

Halloween decorations will begin to spring up on or around September 18th which is good.:)

:stir:****1,200 MORE HOURS TO GO AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS****:stir:

UP NEXT:

Receiving my travel documents and just how much 'stuff' can one cram into one 26' inch suitcase??

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

(photo shot from the one and only time I visited DL; March 2010)

So I am now 'rounding the corner' if ya will in relation to this adventure, I thought I would share with all of you kind enough to be reading this blog about all what I have been learning about all things Disney.
Yes, I now some of you may know these things but to those of you who don't -

:)** ENJOY **:)

....And so the other day, I was busy perusing through my various sources of reading material about the history of the movie side of all things Disney (circa 1967-1977) when an interesting little blip about Walt's offices caught my attention.:)

So with a little faith and trust and a whole lotta pixie dust, I fired off 6 mails to various people inside the Disney Company of which 2 were really kind in replying and helped me to get up to speed on this subject. And in turn, their kindness also helped me so see even more the Human side of the Disney Corporation.

and -

(photos shot while visiting "Walt: One Mans' Dream at WDW; Jan. 09)

ANYWHO -
So to those of you interested (and kind to read my trip report) - here goes nothing and please remember the below is a combination of various correspondences from 2 emails as well as what I have been able to pull off the internet and various reading materials):

One email reply starts off by saying,
"In December 1966, Walt Disney dies and vey soon thereafter, Roy O Disney, Donn Tatum (previously, vice president of administration), and Cardon E. Walker (formerly in Marketing) served as the Executive management team until 1971 with Roy being President. Work continued on as usual in now Walt's old offices as Walt’s former secretaries continued working in the office, clearing up the correspondence, etc., until they retired about a year later."

Another kind person goes on to say,
"When the Secretaries retired near the end of 1967, the Executive Staff
locked Walt's office to ensure the safety and preservation of some
items, such as a case full of Oscars and other awards. However, to say
the offices were "sealed" would be misleading, as Company Executive
Staff and Custodial Hosts had constant access to the offices, which were
cleaned once a week while a plan was developed to properly preserve
these items.":)

Moreover, I can see that after a few months of Walt's former secretaries processing mail, etc - I am thinking naturally that questions would begin to crop up of like the essense of how they could continue to be there when they really have no Boss right there (Roy had his office in another location).

So now with now Roy at the Helm,
I can see now that the Disney Family was heavily grieving over his passing as I feel that through the research of this question, I can see that this has been heavily under reported/acknowledged by the Disney Family.

Moreover, you even had Robert Sherman still going to one of Walt's old offices (the one with the piano) and still playing, "Feed the Birds" every Friday afternoon months after Walt's passing. So, again - obviously everyone was taken aback by his death.

Now with Roy primarily in charge,
he had to have had atleast knowledge of this (the closure of Walt's old offices) since he was the President of the Company at that time. Yes, I can see and understand if he had a reply to the status of what to do with Walt's old offices by literally saying, "Don't bug me, for I am getting Walt Disney World together," during this time frame. Yes, I can see he had to be a very busy person at this time.

ANYWHO -
But to go back to the email reply I received recently on this interesting topic:

"As luck would have it, Mr Dave Smith began to do an business archive proposal in the fall of 1969. One of the reasons why the company (and the family) wanted to start an archives was to take care of Walt's memorabilia."

By now, Card Walker is the Disney President as Roy has his hands full with the completion of Walt Disney World as it opens October 1971.

Another email reply goes on to say,
"So
Dave says he was working at the UCLA Library at that time, and was doing
research at the Disney Studio for a Disney bibliography in his spare
time. Through this relationship with the Company, he learned the
Executive Staff wanted to start preserving the history of the Company,
including the items in Walt's office. At the time, the Company had no
Cast Members with appropriate archival experience, so Dave volunteered
his services and took a two-month leave of absence form UCLA to develop
a proposal.":thanks:

Then, the decision was made to give this task to Dave Smith as he reported to Card’s administrative asst., Jim Stewart, and then suggested to him that the offices should be inventoried and photographed.

" In January 1970, Dave submitted his proposal for The Walt Disney
Archives, and, in his words, "the [E]xecutives were delighted -- here,
at last, was a way to preserve Walt's material, and also his memory." In
June 1970, the project was approved with enthusiasm, and Dave was hired
to create the Archives.":yay:

So to all who were kind to reply back to my email, a huge thank you as I didn't know al of this and this was very helpful:thanks:
------------------------------------------------------

ANYWHO -

So as you can see, this is one of the many reasons why I am going on this adventure as Yours Truly is doing his level headed best choosing to go from a "Commando Traveler" who plans everything & races from Disney attraction to attraction, etc (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF THIS APPLYS TO U) to someone who is desiring to SLOW DOWN, and see the park and such for what it is and really appreciate what Walt & Friends have done to bring to those of us who love all things Disney.

Allrightee - gotta hop off for now. Got some fun stuff below .......

:yay:**** 760 MORE HOURS TO GO & THE ADVENTURE BEGINS ****:yay:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

(JUST DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOU COMPUTER MOUSE ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY FOR YOU)........psssttt!!!! gotta listen to it for about 10-15 seconds before you will hear something that will make u smile.:love:

AND THIS BELOW WILL ALSO KEEP YA n THE DISNEY MOOD UNTIL APPROX 10 DAYS FROM NOW AS I AM BEGINNING TO STEP UP NOW MY POSTINGS SINCE WE R SO CLOSE NOW TO.....DARE I SAY IT......DATE OF ARRIVAL!!:tongue:

(JUST RIGHT CLICK WITH YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE BELOW VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U):)

C ya in 10 days -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:goofy:"I'M DOING WHAT? WHEN? WHERE AGAIN & HOW MUCH DO I WEIGH??":goofy:

Pssttttt!!! My Fav Disney Character!!:goodvibes

Anywho, a lot has transpired these last 10 days or so as Jennifer:worship: (MEI TRAVEL.COM) has gotten everything together for this adventure & is about to send to me my travel documents and such very shortly. A huge and heartfelt :thanks: goes out to her for all that she has done to assemble all the details for what I feel is going to be one heck of a Magical adventure.

For starters, here is just a small taste of what I will be doing NOW on my day three -
(just click with your mouse over the above video & it will play for you):)

Now
what you saw from a few postings (my travel plans) ago is what I will be doing, it's just the DAYS I will be doing them have switched since the Disney tours are not available until starting day 4 - so Jennifer has really gone out of her way to work some magic here to get things rearranged and where they need to be - so again - Jennifer & MEI TRAVEL - THANK YOU.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And SPEAKING OF THANK YOU - I am soooo dang proud of LADYBUG -:tongue:
as she is averaging .01 of a pound weigh loss approximately every 36 hours.paw:

ME?

I am checking in now at ......
wait for it........
wait for it....................

NOW!!

** 204 POUNDS!! **party:

So strap on yer boots cuz this adventure is on the cusp of unfolding......

UP NEXT -
Getting my suitcase ready & packed & any last minute details......

popcorn::****T-MINUS 456 MORE HOURS AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS****popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave:

Last edited:
pluto:** LADYBUG SAYS 'THANK YOU JENNIFER' & MEI TRAVEL **

(Photo shot of her at our home in February of this yr when we actually got some snow up here in DFW)

So the other day, I spied a package in the mail that had some Mickey Mouse tape all around the edges of it - so being the curious bugger that I am, my heart leaped a beat!

COULD THIS BE 'THE PACKAGE FROM JENNIEFR'?:confused3
(the one that has all my travel documents & info)

Now Ladybug was waaaayyyy on down & just inside the entrance of the Post Office cuz she refuses to come inside & I don't blame her. Q: Ever seen Bambi on Ice??

Well, that's Ladybug while attempting to walk on a well polished & waxed Post Office floor.:upsidedow

Anywho -

I looked at the return address and sure enuf! IT'S FROM JENNIFER!!:worship: &:cool1:

L.B. & I raced home in nothing flat with me getting out a pair of scissors and carefully opening up the package with of course, OWL CITY's, "When Can I See You Again" song on in the background.:jumping1:

Ladybug was very curious also & stuck 1/2 of her head in that dang package and I swear of all things she could have dragged out, I be danged if she dragged out in her mouth a gift for her from Jennifer:

A Red colored 'Disney Tails' reflective leash:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I looked at herpaw:
& she looked at me as I said 'that word':

** WALK?? **:scratchin

And of course, she let out an answer that would make any Gypsy proud at our local Scarborough Faire Festival -

So, we were off to the races again trying out her gift which is very handy as her weight is now beginning to come in line with where she needs to be -
:thanks: Jennifer - YOU ROCK!!

Not to be outdone here, keep in mind as we were out fast walking, Ladybug encountered two frogs.....and well - she has never seen these 'things' and they really captured her attention.:confused3

So much, that the next two "pees" she did out in the woods, I actually caught her HOPPING after she would get done squatting down and going pee!!:rotfl:

ANYWHO -
AND Speaking of rocking -

I am now at 201 lbs which is more in line where I need to be - which is good since I am about to enter Disneyland and such....
And remember - I used to weigh 304 POUNDS!!

** OUCH!! **

feels nice to have so much seat belt left over when I board that plane...........

in 240 more hours.popcorn::

UP NEXT:
The 'ground rules' for when I leave (YES, I AM BRINGING MY LAPTOP SO I WILL BLOG WHILE ON VACATION):woohoo:

finishing packing........

and lastly,
checking in Ladybug into her 'Hotel for spoiled pooches.'paw:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
AH YES......"THE GROUND RULES" & OTHER ASSORTED STUFF

:goodvibes(with a wee bit of some mood music to help set the tone):goodvibes
pppssstttt!!! Just double right click w/yer computer mouse over the above video & it will play 4 u

and to start off, Yours Truly is checking in at 199 pounds!party:

Which is just the way I want it heading into this adventure as it is really hitting me.......

** THIS IS FINALLY GONNA HAPPEN!!**

to have overcome so much adversity these last few months and to have accomplished so much as well.......

and to cap it off with a birthday celebration at the Happiest Place on Earth?

= WOWZERS!!:worship: &:love:.

Anywho -
Finally finished getting all packed and ready to go -
(one 26 inch suitcase at 41 pounds.....which means I can now take home 9 pounds in souvineers!!:rotfl:)

.....and shopping I shall go so be out on the lookout for PLENTY of pics and video wherever I land up at while on this adventure.:goofy:

even had a few last minute questions answered which was very helpful -
Like Tipping at Napa Rose and such, where to view the Fireworks, where the parade is being held & such.:chat:

OK..............NOW ABOUT DEM PESKY 'GrOuNd RuLeS":crazy2:

okeydokey smokey..........
Yes, I am bringing my laptop with me and YeS I will be blogging while at PP -
its just I get a feeling that it will be at rather odd hours to hopefully have the least amount of users on their server.

But no worries as I have a recipe for that which will be some 'late night munchies' and what not......:drinking1 &:rolleyes1.

What kind of blogging I have been asked??
Well - really depends on my mood but overall I get a feeling that they will be quick tweet-like entries and then expand out on them once I get back to my 'home country:'

REALITY-LAND:scared1:

No worries though cuz when that happens, I don't mind revealing where I am off to next.:teleport:

UP NEXT:
Getting Ladybug checked into her Hotel & also letting her knowpaw:
'NO SINGING' while she is enjoying her Hotel stay for spoiled pooches........

and headin' for the Airport.:yay:

popcorn::** T - minus 168 more hours and the adventure begins!**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Just checked the Disneyland Weather for the next 10 days........pixiedust:
also

just checked the Catalina Island weather forecast for the next 10 days as well.....:stir:

:woohoo:SUNNY WITH HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80'S WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 70s -:yay:

T-minus 120 hours & the adventure begins!popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
DON'T WORRY!!

I WILL BE BACK AROUND FRIDAY -:teleport:

Until then, 'posting #29' is a friendly reminder as to what I will be doing .....
just FYI .... the days that I will be doing these things have changed.:stir:

......it's just I have added a few more things onto what posting #29 is sayin' and of course had to delete "Mickey & the Magic Lamp."

will let the new additions be a surprise when I blog -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
DARE I SAY IT........

...T-MINUS 72 HOURS & THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter