"T-minus 336 more hours.......popcorn::
(I'm off work the day b4 the fun starts)

T.T.F.N
&
CHEERS Y'ALLparty:

Last edited:
DONT LOOK NOW BUT.......

The Travel documents for this adventure will b arriving in today's mail via UPS -:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALLparty:

Last edited:
Until next time.....popcorn::

and -
slight tease.....

THE ANSWER BACK FROM THE WH -:hyper:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

Last edited:
MY EXPERIENCES IN ATTEMPTING TO TAKE A TOUR OF THE WHITE HOUSE -:crazy2:

I have had quite a time in finding an appropriate video to express my total frustration in trying to accomplish what is supposed to be such an easy task -

Taking a tour of the east Wing of the White House -:goodvibes

and i am feeling so totally frustrated by this whole experience that I have chosen to move forward with my day that day, Fri Sept 7th - as I feel this is a task that is obviously out of their expertise.

NO - I am not saying "R" of "D" in this posting

as it is my extreme intent to continue to remain neutral in this posting as well as this TR blog, it is a sinking feeling that the email I am going to receive this am from the WH will in my opinion carry an opinion that the right hand isnt talking with the left hand.:confused3

Meaning it is my best educated guess that my approval date and time will be a time not conducive with my schedule; as i have made my pitch to the correct voices in the correct offices to please contact their voices inside the WH to please obtain said request by me and I have a strong suspicion that my request has fallen on deaf ears.

Thus I feel I my request was just that; a blind request.:eek:
Obviously therefore I feel that I will for example be approved for Sept 7th at say 11am........

PROBLEM - I leave DFW airport at 7am that morning......:confused:

Q - what my request do-able?

A - IMO....YES.:goodvibes

But, after numerous phone calls and numerous emails to various people and various offices..... I feel that all that has happened is I have been spun around in circles and gotten no where in my quest for a qucik 20-30 min walk thru of the East Wing of the WH.

So..... YES - I will be receiving an email reply confirming or denying my request for a WH East wing tour this am........

feel that I will be approved but for an incorrect time......

SO...... I am choosing to respond:laughing::laughing::laughing:

on this issue by utilizing my right to vote and fair to say that you will see me vote my displeasure:laughing: over this issue come early November this year -

So all in all, my opinion ???:magnify:

DONT TAKE THE WH TOUR - ITS TOO MUCH OF A HASSLE OVER SUCH AN EASY THING

Now, yyyyeeeesssss - should the email read the time that I am looking for??

GREAT - Im going. Or I may just no show over my complete disgust over this joke - dont know just yet..... Would I like to see the East Wing of the WH???

DANG STRAIGHT - I think it would be fun to see the place.........::yes::

BUT........ I just have that "sinking feeling":boat:
that the right hand (the e-i-g-h-t Congressional Offices that I have spoken to on this issue) isnt talking with the left hand )WH) = invalid email I will be receiving from the WH this morning......

So question remains...... what to do with FRI SEPT 7th???????:confused3

Gotta luv it...... dont know just yet ------ awaiting on this silly email from the WH n a few more hours.........:crazy2:

- WISH ME LUCK -
P.S.S. My travel docs did arrive in yesterdays mail!!:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.
&
TO BE CONTINUED.......:drinking1

Last edited:

Yes- been approved for a WH tour..... for 7:30am.....:crazy2:

Slight problem -:crazy2:

My flight leaves at 7:07am from DFW........:rotfl:

As I said earlier, I’m choosing to move away from this and now am thinking whether or not to see Chicago at Nats that evening .....

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
An appeal has been made....:littleangel:
I have spoken with “office of T” in Houston who will speak w/their DC Office about my situation .....

I understand if the answer is it can’t be swung ....as I am thankful and grateful to the person I just got done speaking with......:thanks:

I am just grateful that atleast they are listening and am trying to help .....

So - I am holding off on what I said two postings ago....:ssst:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:upsidedow

Last edited:
I will b taking a tour of the WH pm of sept 8..... leaving Capitol building around 12:30pm ish .... details forthcoming -me happy:woohoo:

40259662_10212674681201555_8705053201730109440_n.jpg

40259662_10212674681201555_8705053201730109440_n.jpg

Q - HOW WAS I ABLE TO DO THIS? Well.... just found out that Viator.com tour I am really doesnt go to the Eastern market by 4pm etc...... so they backpedaled on me. Actually the tour ends at the Capitol building by 12:30pm - 1pm ish with AN OPTION TO GO TO THE EASTERN MARKET.....,..... so...........:rolleyes1

AN OPEN LETTER OF THANK YOU AND GRATITUDE TO
ONE MS MEAGAN PORTER -
images

You got me over the finish line and that's what counts. :littleangel:To be given an opportunity to visit the People's House is quite a privilege and well.... i feel very humbled by all of this - to see the US Supreme Court, The Library of Congress, the Capitol Building..... turn around and then see the White House.....then come back to the hotel and meet the rest of my Tour group and officially kick off the start of my adventures???? - ALL IN ONE DAY???? - (my 'Day One')
********************** WOWZERS **********************:dancer:

Ok.... this is I CAN handle -:jumping1:

Ms Porter, you deserve a pay on this back and you deserve a raise - hope your Boss sees this (as I know I'm catching the attention of some of you inside the Beltway who are kind enough to b following along) .:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Take care and hope 2c ya soon when u get back from Canada.

Now........ still working on my "Pre-day" in Washington DC...... Nats game or .........:confused3
T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:yo-yo:

Last edited:

Totally forgot about this one.....pluto:

"T-minus 288 more hours.......popcorn::

T.T.F.N
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:yay:

Last edited:
How about some US Prez trivia 4 ya?:scratchin

Andrew Jackson was the first living president to be personally honored by "Hail to the Chief," on January 9, 1829.
IMG_0018_300x300.JPG

HailChiefTrumpets.jpg

and -
data=wxpxOnv60jtRlmxifgm4NxNq1qUdBphvSMjHv7j78XZY5jmB7WJsco-Rg9xcUIB_eXQMcUMMFAIAFaLgRXw9Ozt8TcXAiFM2WNNfkj03FMvHE9HIchrhxDOSUmWf9lk4EC-j4zyGruWOv82QuGjhGE-znVHPf3bjlQyAs6fIviQ4iMaLLQ,kQ9maUfaGG4JXYwp0T31QIIC_fLRh1nS-jZ7SLEeCdWEJMJB2j-GzyS8Bc1VEM2Bkp5SmS6qrmL56qqcwSnqTyCp1R2PsVAECf-yEVFtgOtzC7wHxkAwAQak3F9ACIhzuObjn27pd6Yr631ATwyk5c1Gq-P2BLnhR92CJtT-LNZHjfWL_OqWDO2TRG0NMp5xgNN2qiiH2yzVLPRwxIVkvUeMo_e_kB0GkkRJJDkfwZlkS5yNAW88LIevlqJnjPg8Jgk_NYE3ifbFSefazBSXNPP51pYP5bxx2WXnXkwjgTzpHKxDJTrkZFzPw05xUItSNLgt-Kn7flrtpTFCmX8YVI4HNC9X9k3Cc4GgxQWqow

And even though that's only a short distance, to me it feels like a rather long distance due to all the twists and turns you have to drive around...... say from Renaissance Hotel or WH to the Watergate.......

allrightee now.......
been thinking a lot about Google Maps and such......:rolleyes1
(ya think?):crazy2:

got all my places i wanna c printed out from Google Maps......

REALLY REALLY wanna go c a NATS game Friday...........................:woohoo:
IMO, really easy getting there from Tussauds Was Museum / Spy Musuem area........::yes::

BUT.........
Its the cab /Uber ride back that I feel would take FFOORREEEEEE EEEVVVEEERRRR to get back to the Renaissance:sad:

plus
2) Ive really got a BIG day the next day.......:goodvibes
up at 5am - leave 6:30 am ish for a 1.7 mile walk to library of Congress on Jefferson Street... taking my time.......
8:30am ish to 12:30pm ish tour of Capitol building, Supreme Court, Library of Congreee and then

3) cab it to WH fby 1pm ish for 1:30pm tour....
etc etc etc....

So, NO I decided against seeing a NATS game... this way I will DEF b wide awake both mentally and physically for my Day ONE of this adventure.:cool1:

No worries -:goodvibes

"T-minus 240 more hours.......popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
Presidential trivia - part two -:goodvibes
upload_2018-8-28_5-48-42.jpeg
en.wikipedia.org
William Howard Taft (September 15, 1857 – March 8, 1930) was the 27th President of the United States (1909–1913) and the tenthChief Justice of the United States (1921–1930), the only person to have held both offices.

and
digja know there are actual words to the song, "Hail to the Chief?":confused3

I Seriously start packing Monday -

"T-minus 216 more hours.......popcorn::

TTFN
&

WORK IS ACTING CRAZY AGAIN.....:faint::crazy2:

oval-office-resolute-desk.jpg

So..........

Remember how I said -

"Its just I have this motto I literally live by when I am on a vacation and that is:

1) In the real World, one plus one equals 2....... but in the Vacation World, one plus one equals eleven.:rolleyes1

and

2) What happens on vacation, "Stays on the Internet.":laughing:"

WELL.........
Not tooooooooooooooooo happy:sad: that I 'may be hauled into work" Monday and Tuesday..........:headache:
(my normal days off)

So......
(and ta think, the Nats even have a BETTER overall record than our Texas Rangers)

....I am going to turn a negative n2 a positive here and here is my challenge to myself:
**************************** ":goodvibesIF THEN:goodvibes******************************

IF I work next Monday and Tuesday......................
THENI am going to see the Cubs get beat by the Nats on Friday evening-

Looking at first base side seats -:woohoo:

Of course, ya know this means -
Means

I will be getting in back to the Renaissance Hotel by around 1am.......

Up at 5am -:laughing:
out the door by 6:30am:drinking1

"CAN YOU SAW DR PEPPER OR COCA COLA????????

I just gotta remember to "the letter after 'O' WELL BEFORE I take a tour of the White House............:laughing:

Oh the things I get myself into......:upsidedow

TO BE CONTINUED -
"T-minus 192 more hours.......popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:yo-yo:

Last edited:
MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES FOR THE D.C. AREA......:love:
FRI
data=683ozgt5pkGsXXyOKBIZN_TIV2DLpLeDyqSSXNT94yF3BaYVUGEK0wwlrwanLTUDYpkLEn3bkys9RYiGYqAgjFWE_cPSzhzIfQanJDq8nzxwG-ijyQIdB4DmMVtVwHO9ua4zZWcuovpPPGOxrO2IK_J-nSqe1TxIpnnAL1NjBKt2A1_pSQ,VxFw-3LIi4VOpYCNhB8MUsGWLYKr3L-RI9nmgoB6vG5kET3xjgNPQU3ltLEMB-Go-gr9i_jIGDSDXlpQmzK7OKKBvcvzJePzp9GydBx9F-7T6qjfjprD-l_5DULvML8MTW6iX42UHAr5qv-yj_w53WUB-Z0kyut0rVO1J8y_Lw5C13w4i5AG6Mp9HBlA09nRDyRU7IXZYbGtrKtDbqLZOON8FG-5G3njfOAp8d1qCfMo2i5XuksXnN5aJm7LFNZI4GIAt5E5uxk27FoG8DbFslFZCPw3Tcl7O8jecXK6_XwQuYPP32U-TOVe8wCNTyWlcA8ne6kuECvNFb7kuE1ByDJU9U0TSg3HurEohLz2Qxa8MkiKrSStnUAK7kRpd0NopU_YKELXGHohMA

SEP 7 AM Thunderstorms
85°70°
40%
SE 7 mph 72%
SAT

SEP 8 Mostly Sunny
82°67°
20%
E 9 mph 69%
SUN

SEP 9 AM Thunderstorms
82°67°
50%
ENE 8 mph 67%

I'm noticing some really beautiful fall weather for Friday.......... perfect for baseball weather (HINT HINT);)
IMO, nothing a little bit Coca Cola can't cure 4 me in the am on the 8th w/4 hours sleep

even noticed you can buy a ticket with a "Loaded value" onto it which is pretty neat cuz if if if it breaks , I expect forward movement in the next 2-3 days on this issue. yes, i am watching it very closely....... T.B.C.....popcorn::

Just remember while having fun reading this........(from my Rose Bowl adventure; 2013)
36872562_10212357801799768_7069795552543637504_o.jpg

And so I made the fatal
1f609.png
mistake of asking the tour official how in the world did they get Air Force One inside the building (Ronald Reagan Prez Library) ....
1f914.png
.... the Dude smiled, caught himself from laughing, composed himself , smiled and then diplomatically replied that they disassembled the plane , part by part - then reassembled it inside the building .
1f914.png

always pays to ask questions to learn ....even when they are of the “DOH” kind .
1f609.png
expect more like this when I head off on vacation to the mid Atlantic in 168 more hours.....:cool2:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
And I just got the news about next Monday and Tuesday ......:crazy2:

Details coming up -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:woohoo:From Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, Spy Museum, a tour of the Capitol Building, the Library of Congress, Supreme Court
to a tour of the White House

and now this......:smickey:
40455075_10212696153658353_21344200754724864_n.jpg

40455075_10212696153658353_21344200754724864_n.jpg

(1ST BASE SIDE):woohoo:

.......all within the first 24 hours of this adventure......

Oh....... is this ever gonna get interestin'popcorn::

and ta think.....I've pushed back packing for this until the night b4 -:eek:
NEVER B4 Have I packed sssssssooooooooo late -

Ah well - first time for everything -:lmao:
paw:(Ladybug gets checked n2 her Hotel Thursday am) -

easter-egg-roll.jpg

T.T.F.N.
&
"T-minus 144 more hours.......popcorn::
(I'm off work the day b4 the fun start

Last edited:
Have always been to a game sometime in early April to Mid May......
but never in late summer / early Fall -

looking forward to it
and besides...............

I hope to see Teddy win.....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

P.S.S. Don't look now but looks like someone on my FB page is saying "NO" that its the Cubs who are gonna win.....

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALLpopcorn::

Last edited:
T-minus 120 more hours.......popcorn::
40760388_10212727682646558_8876822477339099136_n.jpg

37934701_10212482867206325_7684027355349647360_n.jpg

(they have got some really neat lanyard pins on Ebay....)

paw:and Ladybug......
20121253_10209848647712484_1657963484703831076_o.jpg

is getting a bath Wednesday......

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
T-minus 96 more hours.......popcorn::
18739174_10209414419497050_7946251745980004688_o.jpg

(I'm getting the suitcase all packed Thursday evening......):faint::eek:

L.B. paw:
bath Wednesday evening......

T.T.F.N.
&

T-minus 72 more hours.......popcorn::

Gonna be packing an umbrella.....just in case -:ssst:
Washington, DC 10 Day Weather
DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
SEP 6

Mostly Sunny
93°75°
20%
SSW 6 mph 64%
FRI

SEP 7 Scattered Thunderstorms
85°70°
60%
NE 7 mph 74%
SAT

SEP 8 Showers
80°69°
60%
ENE 10 mph 79%
SUN

SEP 9 Showers
82°71°
40%
ESE 10 mph 68%

Relaxin' on Thursday....spending some quality time with Ladybugpaw:
then
The adventure really takes off in the early morning hours on Friday......
amairlines-6.jpg

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave:

Last edited:
Decided to do something different -:goodvibes
Mikes Dallas Taxi & Limo
3631 Copper Stone Drive
Dallas, TX 75287

:woohoo:-& have round trip Town car pick up 2 & from DFW Airport while on this adventure - :woohoo:

Figured why not and have fun at the same time........

Somebody pinch me......:hyper:
this dang adventure is about ta get underway -

T-minus 48 more hours.......popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter