MVMCP - Sold out for Nov 8. Is there a snowball's chance?? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaludosPenguinos

Mouseketeer
Nov 8 is my 40th Birthday...my husband and I were planning on trying to make a quick one night trip for a not so scary party earlier this month, but couldn't coordinate our dates with work. Over the weekend, we decided we could do the Christmas party ON my birthday. I booked our flights. Husband (a CM) was supposed to call yesterday and get rooms somewhere and book the party tickets and didn't get to it. Of course the party is sold out now as of this morning. UGH.

I don't know if some tickets are held and there's some magical trick for getting them, or if it's even worth trying to go on a sold out night. I've never been to a party and don't want to make the effort if it will be miserable. I'd rather be at Disney on my birthday than anywhere else, so I probably won't try to reschedule. Opinions? Other than I should have booked sooner...because yeah, I know. ;)

That's what I think I'm going to end up doing since I would rather be anywhere at Disney World than back at home. The original point (aside from celebrating my birthday, which was secondary TBH) was to finally try out a party, so I'm hoping my husband won't care too much...it's easier when I know a sold out party would be a mess.

Nov 8 is my 40th Birthday...my husband and I were planning on trying to make a quick one night trip for a not so scary party earlier this month, but couldn't coordinate our dates with work. Over the weekend, we decided we could do the Christmas party ON my birthday. I booked our flights. Husband (a CM) was supposed to call yesterday and get rooms somewhere and book the party tickets and didn't get to it. Of course the party is sold out now as of this morning. UGH.

I don't know if some tickets are held and there's some magical trick for getting them, or if it's even worth trying to go on a sold out night. I've never been to a party and don't want to make the effort if it will be miserable. I'd rather be at Disney on my birthday than anywhere else, so I probably won't try to reschedule. Opinions? Other than I should have booked sooner...because yeah, I know. ;)
Never seen a party sold out this far in advance before at least I don't recall it! Either tells me they are selling less tickets with the anticipation of releasing that party pass they release for the halloween one? Maybe they think if they release less and sell that, the parties won't be as crowded but I am really not sure how that pass works if a party is sold out. Or maybe all of my fellow NJ friends have bought all the tickets up. I bought my ticket the day they came out for the 11/8 one, glad I did now! We went to sold out party last year the first one after thanksgiving and honestly it wasn't that bad at all. We had a great time, and all the rides were pretty much walk on. Have you tried to call Disney see if that sold out is actually legit? Wouldn't surprise me one bit that it was a mistake. Can't believe it sold out this far though, unless maybe I missing something, is there something new that maybe all the media people will want to try to get first? Anyway, hope you get lucky and find a pair!

I saw the sold out reported on the Dis this morning - I figured they'd know so I didn't really look into it further. Won't hurt to ask of course when my husband does get around to calling, but I won't hold my breath.
I don't like leaving planning to the last minute, but a hastily planned trip to Disney is better than no trip to Disney.

So question. Since it sounds like you're leaning towards doing a park day instead, is it one full day you have planned or one half day in the afternoon?

A full day. We're coming in on the 7th, leaving on the 9th. Original plan had been to arrive the afternoon of the party, but the straight flight options sucked.

A full day. We're coming in on the 7th, leaving on the 9th. Original plan had been to arrive the afternoon of the party, but the straight flight options sucked.

I might consider going to Magic Kingdom until 6 (or even leave a little before). Walk over to Contemporary and use that money you would have spent on MVMCP for dinner at California Grill Lounge (they have the full menu but you can make a smaller but satisfying meal from their appetizers as well). Save your receipt and after dinner head to the observation deck to watch the fireworks.

I'm a little bit terrified of going to the party on the 8th! I bought our tickets last week, and figured it would sell out since it is the first party. Other than the fireworks which I went ahead and got the dessert party for, there's nothing we are feeling we absolutely can't miss. We just want to enjoy the atmosphere and Christmas decorations, so I'm hoping the crowd won't spoil it for us.

I might consider going to Magic Kingdom until 6 (or even leave a little before). Walk over to Contemporary and use that money you would have spent on MVMCP for dinner at California Grill Lounge (they have the full menu but you can make a smaller but satisfying meal from their appetizers as well). Save your receipt and after dinner head to the observation deck to watch the fireworks.
Great minds. That's basically what we did last year. The first Christmas party of the year fell on my birthday then, too...but we had another couple traveling with us and nobody wanted to spend the extra on the party, so we opted to have dinner at California Grill instead. I had booked far enough in advance that I had secured reservations so we'd be there during the fireworks - and we lucked into a fireworks view table, too! I thought we might try and do the lounge, since it's just the two of us this time.

I'm a little bit terrified of going to the party on the 8th! I bought our tickets last week, and figured it would sell out since it is the first party. Other than the fireworks which I went ahead and got the dessert party for, there's nothing we are feeling we absolutely can't miss. We just want to enjoy the atmosphere and Christmas decorations, so I'm hoping the crowd won't spoil it for us.
I wouldn't be terrified lol, You just need to have a plan. I always do the rides and treats in the beginning and catch the 1130 parade. More than half the crowd was gone by like 10 and we were able to do ride space mountain 3x in a row with 0 wait lol. Got a prime spot for the last parade too, just dont go to the first parade unless you don't plan on staying the whole time! Just prioritize what you want to do and you will have an amazing time!

I saw the sold out reported on the Dis this morning - I figured they'd know so I didn't really look into it further. Won't hurt to ask of course when my husband does get around to calling, but I won't hold my breath.
I don't like leaving planning to the last minute, but a hastily planned trip to Disney is better than no trip to Disney.
It was noted as ‘sold out’ a few days ago.

If it’s a CM discounted Party, there may still be CM tickets available - he should call as soon as possible.

I think everyone has a different threshold for crowds...at least I find them to be more tolerable after the sun has gone down! I think the biggest party draws for me would be the atmospheric snow and fireworks and just being in the park at night.

It was noted as ‘sold out’ a few days ago.

If it’s a CM discounted Party, there may still be CM tickets available - he should call as soon as possible.
It hadn't sold out when I was looking for flights late last week - but I can't remember what day that was. I probably should have checked again over the weekend. I wasn't sure if they even had CM tickets available to parties - good to know. Hoping he'll call this morning.

I know in the past once they state the party has sold out you could still purchase tickets at the Magic Kingdom. I've done it twice and both times was allowed to buy. It also worked for a sold out after hours party.

I know in the past once they state the party has sold out you could still purchase tickets at the Magic Kingdom. I've done it twice and both times was allowed to buy. It also worked for a sold out after hours party.
I thought I had heard that before...and that makes sense. Probably not a guarantee, but worth a shot if we're there already! Husband just got our room reserved! Didn't appear to be any CM tickets.

I would not bank on walking up to the park and being able to buy tickets for a sold out party. Maybe with some magical pixie dust or something, but you should be prepared for a hard no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter