Must do restaurants or experiences

Disneymomma18

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I’ve gone to Disney at least once a year for the last 5 or 6 years so I’m not new, however I just booked my first solo trip and I’m so excited!! I’m 30 years old and a mother of 2 toddlers so my last couple of trips revolved around dirty diapers, toddler meltdowns, and little to no sleep bc my kids don’t like hotels. I’m ready to go and be selfish just for a bit. That being said what are your must do restaurants or experiences for an adult solo trip? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi all! I’ve gone to Disney at least once a year for the last 5 or 6 years so I’m not new, however I just booked my first solo trip and I’m so excited!! I’m 30 years old and a mother of 2 toddlers so my last couple of trips revolved around dirty diapers, toddler meltdowns, and little to no sleep bc my kids don’t like hotels. I’m ready to go and be selfish just for a bit. That being said what are your must do restaurants or experiences for an adult solo trip? Thanks for any suggestions.
When I go solo it’s normally the last day of my family’s trip since they all have to leave early in the morning. One of my favorite things is to get a drink at Geyser Point and just enjoy the view with a good book. I also really enjoyed Oga’s cantina- the immersive environment is a must do even alone. And the drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic are fantastic).

Things have changed since my last trip in Feb 2020, so I'm not sure how much live entertainment there is these days. My solo must-dos involve relaxing (often with a drink, but that is not required) and watching live shows and music. I used to love getting a beer at the Dawa bar in AK late afternoon and watching the music and acrobats. Same with World Showcase performances. Nomad Lounge in AK is a favorite place to relax for a bit and get a snack, as is the outside patio area at Brown Derby in DHS. I think Trader Sam's is still closed, I enjoyed sitting at the large communal table and having a drink, watching the goings-on and chatting with other people.

I've done many solo trips and enjoy them almost, if not more, than the trips I've taken with my son. Take the opportunity to slow down, since you've been often there is nothing you need to stress about or rush for. Spend some time at the pool with a good book and a refreshing adult beverage. Go into the shops in WS and just look at everything. Get a refreshing adult beverage at Epcot, sit on a bench and just enjoy the details of the countries and people watch. I agree with above poster that Nomad Lounge is a must, great drinks and small plates. There isn't much entertainment going on right now, a few things at Epcot, Frozen Ever After at HS. I enjoy just walking around in all the parks and taking in the details you don't get a chance to do when you have kiddos with you. There are all sorts of trails and little hidden spots in AK to explore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts