Must do ADR's & must do events or special tours for honeymoon

Winchester24

Mouseketeer
We are choosing our ADR's tomorrow! Woo hoo! I am looking for your must have ADR's, one for a resort and one for the parks, it could be romantic or just unique in some way. We are also looking for recommendations for special events or tours. We have tickets for MNSSHP one night, and I am looking for one more special/fun thing to do. Maybe a dessert & fireworks party or special tour (safari etc)? This is my first Disney trip in nearly 20 years and our first trip there as a couple so I am trying to make it extra special! Thanks in advance!

Ok here are a couple of Ideas, Depending on your budget Victoria and Alberts is a great way to celebrate being married but will cost between 185 and 250 per person, for a less expensive option, Dinner at Narcoossee's durring the fireworks at MK is a great idea if you dont to the desert party, good view and good food. For after dinner fun head to Trader Sams Grotto at the Polly, make sure you sit inside but be prepared to wait 30+ minutes to get in. If you want to do a backstage tour and see the Utilidoors and learn some Disney Trivia, then the Keys to the Kingdom tour is nice, You could also if wanted watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom either from a Private Pontoon boat or Disneys Yacht, and you can easily order Dessert and Champagne from Disneys Private dinning.

Thats all the ideas for Magic Kingdom, If you want some of the rest of the parks or for Disney Springs let me know, I'll be more than willing to share.

I think Cali Grill is an amaaaaazing experience that is so unique and different. The view is amazing and you can even come back later to watch the fireworks if you can't get a reservation right at that time (just keep your receipt).

Ok here are a couple of Ideas, Depending on your budget Victoria and Alberts is a great way to celebrate being married but will cost between 185 and 250 per person, for a less expensive option, Dinner at Narcoossee's durring the fireworks at MK is a great idea if you dont to the desert party, good view and good food. For after dinner fun head to Trader Sams Grotto at the Polly, make sure you sit inside but be prepared to wait 30+ minutes to get in. If you want to do a backstage tour and see the Utilidoors and learn some Disney Trivia, then the Keys to the Kingdom tour is nice, You could also if wanted watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom either from a Private Pontoon boat or Disneys Yacht, and you can easily order Dessert and Champagne from Disneys Private dinning.

Thats all the ideas for Magic Kingdom, If you want some of the rest of the parks or for Disney Springs let me know, I'll be more than willing to share.
Thank you! I would LOVE suggestions for Animal Kingdom, we are planning on spending 2 days there and would like to do an ADR for either lunch or dinner.

So to you first question, call Disney and tell them it is your honeymoon the Disney Travel Cast member will make a note on the account. As for Animal Kingdom there are lots of things to do. If you want to see the Rivers of Light Show at Animal Kingdom and a great Dinning experience, I recommend doing the Rivers of Light Dinning Package and booking Dinner at Tiffins so you get the priority seating. For Lunch I love the Yak and Yeti Restaurant and if you are a member of the Landrys club, you can acutally get in without a reservation. In saying that for other things to do. Hit Pandora at night it is beautiful, also the Lion King show is a blast. Night Time safari is a hit or miss but hey I always enjoy it.

Tusker House is a good option to but just not my favorite and dont eat the Rainforest Cafe, even though its also a Landrys restaurant its a chain and not that impressive.

Thanks, that's great information! Do you know if there is a way to add the fact that we are on our honeymoon to our reservation online or do we just make mention of it when we arrive? We booked online and there didn't seem to be a way to do that at the time.

Yeah, I always call like @Firebird060 mentioned. Even if I booked online, I then call the resort and ask to have the special occasion noted on my reservation once I get within a few weeks of our trip.

So to you first question, call Disney and tell them it is your honeymoon the Disney Travel Cast member will make a note on the account. As for Animal Kingdom there are lots of things to do. If you want to see the Rivers of Light Show at Animal Kingdom and a great Dinning experience, I recommend doing the Rivers of Light Dinning Package and booking Dinner at Tiffins so you get the priority seating. For Lunch I love the Yak and Yeti Restaurant and if you are a member of the Landrys club, you can acutally get in without a reservation. In saying that for other things to do. Hit Pandora at night it is beautiful, also the Lion King show is a blast. Night Time safari is a hit or miss but hey I always enjoy it.

Tusker House is a good option to but just not my favorite and dont eat the Rainforest Cafe, even though its also a Landrys restaurant its a chain and not that impressive.
I will definitely look into the Rivers of Light package, it's been so long since I've been to Disney, AK didn't exist the last time I was there! lol. I am so excited to see it, I'm a big animal lover and I just know I will love it. Thank you for the recommendations!

I think Cali Grill is an amaaaaazing experience that is so unique and different. The view is amazing and you can even come back later to watch the fireworks if you can't get a reservation right at that time (just keep your receipt).
That is awesome! Do you know if the same goes for the lounge?

We did the Epcot Dessert Party and my husband let me go snorkeling at Epcot tank. I wanted to do the dolphin thing but we actually booked it while on our honeymoon last minute once I found out about it so that was what was available and was such an amazing experience. Hubby hates the ocean/sea life but I LOVE it. We also wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek but hubby is a big guy and didn't meet the weight requirements.

Other thing we did that we booked last minute after I found out about it was we were staying at AKL and found out they do a wine & cheese tasting one afternoon a week at Jiko. It's all African wines and only $25 pp (in 2015). You have to book through AKL conceirge (I'm sure you could call to book through them) and it's a small tasting but so much fun about an hour and I found a new wine that my husband has specially ordered for me from SA several times. :)

Edit to add; we did California Grill for hubby's 35 birthday trip and they added confetti to table and had a custom card for him. I bet they would do something nice for honeymoon. I also ordered a custom mini cake. We ate an earlier dinner but by saving the receipt we were able to go back to watch fireworks on one of the 2 balconies. It was such a unique view.

Also add honeymoon to all ADR and wear your pins we got so many complimentary desserts. My fave was at Coral Reef they sat us in front of tank cos of it and also gave us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!

We did the Epcot Dessert Party and my husband let me go snorkeling at Epcot tank. I wanted to do the dolphin thing but we actually booked it while on our honeymoon last minute once I found out about it so that was what was available and was such an amazing experience. Hubby hates the ocean/sea life but I LOVE it. We also wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek but hubby is a big guy and didn't meet the weight requirements.

Other thing we did that we booked last minute after I found out about it was we were staying at AKL and found out they do a wine & cheese tasting one afternoon a week at Jiko. It's all African wines and only $25 pp (in 2015). You have to book through AKL conceirge (I'm sure you could call to book through them) and it's a small tasting but so much fun about an hour and I found a new wine that my husband has specially ordered for me from SA several times. :)

Edit to add; we did California Grill for hubby's 35 birthday trip and they added confetti to table and had a custom card for him. I bet they would do something nice for honeymoon. I also ordered a custom mini cake. We ate an earlier dinner but by saving the receipt we were able to go back to watch fireworks on one of the 2 balconies. It was such a unique view.

Also add honeymoon to all ADR and wear your pins we got so many complimentary desserts. My fave was at Coral Reef they sat us in front of tank cos of it and also gave us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!
The snorkeling sounds amazing! Thanks for the tip about the wine tasting, we will be at AKL for lunch one day, maybe I will give them a call! I made a few ADR's is there a way to add our honeymoon to it after the fact or do I need to call?

The snorkeling sounds amazing! Thanks for the tip about the wine tasting, we will be at AKL for lunch one day, maybe I will give them a call! I made a few ADR's is there a way to add our honeymoon to it after the fact or do I need to call?

You need to call to add your honeymoon to it after the fact!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!