Must DH wear suit to a wedding

You guys wear pajamas on airplanes don't you? And slippers at the grocery store.

Harumph.

1vQD.gif
You did it, Captain. #100! :cool1: 🏆

You guys wear pajamas on airplanes don't you? And slippers at the grocery store.

Harumph.

1vQD.gif
On every flight I've been on recently, I've seen people wearing sweatpants. I didn't think that was too out of the norm. I wore sweatpants on a 14+ hour flight to Tokyo a few years back. I typically like dressing up but not for a flight lol

My friend died recently, and sadly, it was very unexpected. She was a larger-than-life woman that was always the center of attention. She was beautiful, creative, and fashionable. I feel very privileged that I even knew her, much less called her a friend. I will be dressed like Madonna at her memorial. I will go through the effort of fixing my hair, wearing makeup, and being as outrageous as I can because I want to make her proud. My daughter will be the queen of hearts. My husband, bless him, will probably be the fuddy-duddy in a suit.

This is what I wore to the wedding last June. It obviously was not a suit. I was just fine except maybe a little wrinkly from sitting. No I was not frowning, I had just recently had two teeth pulled in prep for implants and the entire side of my face was swollen.
KR3_7408.jpg

EDIT: Ha! I could have skipped this post. It was at #99 and you all blew past that while I was typing.

Oh no, never pajamas and slippers. I wear athleisure and flip flops.
I know this was probably made in a half jest but I've just now migrated to owning a legging or two. Game changer for me when I'm flying. FA's recommend wearing comfortable clothing anyhow due to how flying impacts our bodies. My leggings are much more comfortable to wear flying. I'm always cold on a plane so I make sure to pack a jacket often a zip up one so it's easy on easy off.

And I was at a funeral recently where the family/extended family of the deceased wore... tan bottoms and white tops. They all matched. Another I went to during the pandemic, the family all wore matching face masks of the deceased's favorite baseball team. "Funeral" is a term used lightly anymore... most are now called a "celebration of life" and casual clothing or bright colors are more the norm than black suits.
You've just described everyone dressing in relative uniformity for an event, which is I think all parties here can agree with.

(No? Another three pages? Ok, ok.)

There are weddings where the theme is Star Trek or Zombies, or whatever the couple chooses. And I'm sure people want to put the "Fun" back in "Funeral" and do the same in turn. I think to be the odd one out wearing something different would raise a brow. Or unibrow, per the Klingon groom.

In summary: Points to the person for the comment about the "wet suit". But not one of you associated an Aquarium Wedding to Penguins/Tuxedos. Tsk.

Lulus and OluKai?
No, I'm cheap. Mine all comes from Costco and TjMaxx/Marshalls and the flip flops are Sanuks.

I know this was probably made in a half jest but I've just now migrated to owning a legging or two. Game changer for me when I'm flying. FA's recommend wearing comfortable clothing anyhow due to how flying impacts our bodies. My leggings are much more comfortable to wear flying. I'm always cold on a plane so I make sure to pack a jacket often a zip up one so it's easy on easy off.
I am all about comfort when flying. Leggings, joggers, cotton capris, tee shirts, and some sort of sweatshirt or sweater. Especially if it's a redeye.
If I'm traveling for work and with/meeting up with a coworker I usually wear at least regular jeans or shorts instead of full on lounge wear.

No, I'm cheap. Mine all comes from Costco and TjMaxx/Marshalls and the flip flops are Sanuks.

I am all about comfort when flying. Leggings, joggers, cotton capris, tee shirts, and some sort of sweatshirt or sweater. Especially if it's a redeye.
If I'm traveling for work and with/meeting up with a coworker I usually wear at least regular jeans or shorts instead of full on lounge wear.
It's funny you mentioned Costco to the other poster, my favorite leggings are from there and I'm kicking myself for having not bought more when they were selling them.

OluKai flip flops are the best IMO. I'll never swap to another brand. I love mine and wear them everywhere.
You want to hear how much of a hypocrite I am? I've been ranting this whole thread about following dress codes, but I absolutely think leather OluKais are appropriate for Disney signature restaurants, which technically don't allow flip flops.

1660765031454.png

My husband and I have a wedding to attend next month. He doesn't have a suit to wear. At our age (72) he has no real need to spend the money on a suit. Would it be ok to just wear a dress shirt with tie and dress pants. The wedding and reception are being held at an aquarium.
OP, I wonder why you ask? I'll assume you or DH liked them in the past or you wouldn't be asking, I agree that this is a very regional thing and doubt you'd ask if you never did before, unless DH is a parent and you suspect it might be customary. I've seen shorts in California and gowns with a tux in NYC, and everything in between.

Suits can be a fortune but you can also get them on sale online and even have tailoring done if that's your thing. Whatever you do I'd say keep in mind if either of you think there might be a need for one in the future it is nearly impossible to find them in stores for the past few years, which caught us off-guard for my FILs funeral last year when DH left his at home thinking it would be another close call. Guess how many stores I visited while the family was at the bedside, for us it was a nightmare. Guess what I did last Christmas, both my guys got bonus round of 2 suits each & I also have been picking up blazers & button down whenever I see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!