Murphy Beds to Replace Sofa Beds at DVC Resorts

aoconnor

WDW Nut
Starting with the SSR refurb next year they are switching to fold down murphy beds with a couch built in. This should be a huge improvement in comfort as they have a real (queen sized?) mattress.

Photo courtesy @wdrl

DuUco1FWkAA-zDS.jpg

If that includes the sofa sleepers in the one bedrooms, I wonder where they will put them? They'll be blocking off a lot of windows at OKW, if that is true. WHereas, in studios the sofas are against a wall, that is not the case in one bedroom and larger units...and OKW studios already have two real queen sized beds.

But in BLT won't that make the room even smaller. Right now the sofa is up against the wall. Looks like you need a ft or so to house the bed part and then the sofa is in front of it.

I like the idea, but a studio in BLT is tight as it is now.

But in BLT won't that make the room even smaller. Right now the sofa is up against the wall. Looks like you need a ft or so to house the bed part and then the sofa is in front of it.

I like the idea, but a studio in BLT is tight as it is now.

In reality it will take up less room then folded out sleeper couch. Don’t have pile the cushions up. Plus the end of the matters is against the wall on a sleeper sofa it is a good 1-1.5 feet from the wall. But it might take up a little more room when using the couch. I doubt it will be that noticeable.

As someone causally looking into DVC with the idea of possibly buying a few years down the road, I like this. I'd be using studios and 1 BR mostly but only having a single "real" mattress is a concern. This change would make me more likely to buy. Do we think Riviera will have these? I'm intrigued by the resort - gondola ride away from Epcot with the full contract length, rumored to be fairly upscale - and my timeline could work to pickup a resale there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!