• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mrs. Darling's 2010 Half Marathon Trip:Yes, it does snow at Disney World

The snow is around 30 inches and it hasn't stopped yet. It is insanity:scared:

And to think, they have to truck snow into Vancuver for the olympics, they should just move it to the mid atlantic U.S.:lmao: They said we were going to get 9-12 inches here near NYC, but it never even flurried here today!!!

The time will fly! It's already been 4 weeks since we did the half!! I can't believe it. You'll be starting your full training before you know it!

Right back atcha, it was an awesome trip that I'll never forget. :goodvibes
Well I hope it's a little while before I start training for the full. That is going to be some intense training:scared1:

I've really enjoyed the behind the scenes of the half marathon. I made our reservation at Bay Lake yesterday.:woohoo: Maybe I will see you running next year.:)
I made my reservation at BWV yesterday! If you see me it will be towards the end of the pack;)

I really enjoyed reading your report, and you've inspired me to try the "Couch to 5K" program.

I'm looking forward to reading all about future trips!

Denise
:cheer2: Yay for the couch to 5K. Lots of people say good things about that program. We're definitely not getting outside to run for a few days;)

And to think, they have to truck snow into Vancuver for the olympics, they should just move it to the mid atlantic U.S.:lmao: They said we were going to get 9-12 inches here near NYC, but it never even flurried here today!!!
I think all the snow that was supposed to be yours just stuck around Baltimore. They are having trouble coming up with an official tally at the airport (some procedural problem or something), but the town next door to us put the snow tally at 34 inches! That is crazy for Maryland:scared:

I think all the snow that was supposed to be yours just stuck around Baltimore. They are having trouble coming up with an official tally at the airport (some procedural problem or something), but the town next door to us put the snow tally at 34 inches! That is crazy for Maryland:scared:

That is crazy for ANYWHERE! I can't ever remember getting that much snow in Maine from one storm.

Still enjoying your report. I am inspired to run next year. We are stuck in the snow (in that town that has the 34 reported inches) talked a friend into running the 1/2 marathon next year. So, we are going to start training and thinking about taking our families for the event and a quick Disney weekend next January!

Very sad to see your TR end. And wow for that Maryland snow pic. :scared: Being in TX, I've only seen snow like that ... maybe once in my life? I wish that I'd taken the 'See you in 2011' pic. I can't wait for 2011 and I hope that I get to meet you guys next January!

Congrats to both of you for finishing the 2010 1/2 marathon! :woohoo: I really enjoyed your report.

Great trip report! I enjoyed reading about your adventures! Congrats on DVC! That is exciting! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trips!

So sad your TR is over, but happy that you took the time to share with all of us!

Yum...now you have me thinking fo crab's and Bertha's mussels!! I went to Loyola, then worked for Sen. Sarbanes for several years and still can't get enough of my Maryland crabs. I search out Utz Crab Chips up here in CT!!

Hope you have power and can dig out and enjoy the snow. Lots of my friends in PA/MD/DC seem to be doing ok, but at least one old college friend is still without power.

Happy spring! See you in the summer for your June TR! We've decided on going this November (prob. Vet's Day week), so I'll have to live vicariously thru you once again before a trip of my own...

That is crazy for ANYWHERE! I can't ever remember getting that much snow in Maine from one storm.
It really is crazy! I was just out shoveling and it's like we're in the mountains or something with all of these huge piles!

Still enjoying your report. I am inspired to run next year. We are stuck in the snow (in that town that has the 34 reported inches) talked a friend into running the 1/2 marathon next year. So, we are going to start training and thinking about taking our families for the event and a quick Disney weekend next January!
I'm glad to hear we're aren't the only ones stuck. Who knows when they will get around to plowing our road. We have our driveway shoveled, but doesn't do us much good when there is still 3 feet of snow in the street:eek: :woohoo: for running the half next January! Though I don't think you'll get outside for training anytime soon:rolleyes1

Very sad to see your TR end. And wow for that Maryland snow pic. :scared: Being in TX, I've only seen snow like that ... maybe once in my life? I wish that I'd taken the 'See you in 2011' pic. I can't wait for 2011 and I hope that I get to meet you guys next January!

Congrats to both of you for finishing the 2010 1/2 marathon! :woohoo: I really enjoyed your report.
I've only seen snow like this once in my lifetime too (and I hope it stays that way!) I hope we get to meet in 2012 too!

Great trip report! I enjoyed reading about your adventures! Congrats on DVC! That is exciting! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trips!
Thank you! I'll let you know when I start the next trip report.

So sad your TR is over, but happy that you took the time to share with all of us!

Yum...now you have me thinking fo crab's and Bertha's mussels!! I went to Loyola, then worked for Sen. Sarbanes for several years and still can't get enough of my Maryland crabs. I search out Utz Crab Chips up here in CT!!

Hope you have power and can dig out and enjoy the snow. Lots of my friends in PA/MD/DC seem to be doing ok, but at least one old college friend is still without power.

Happy spring! See you in the summer for your June TR! We've decided on going this November (prob. Vet's Day week), so I'll have to live vicariously thru you once again before a trip of my own...
I am going to have to try this Bertha's place. Luckily we have power. All of our power lines are buried so we very rarely lose power, thank goodness. However, I don't think we'll be leaving the neighborhood for a few days. Only mode of transportation are our two feet:goodvibes I'll let you know when I start the summer trip report.

I'm glad to hear we're aren't the only ones stuck. Who knows when they will get around to plowing our road. We have our driveway shoveled, but doesn't do us much good when there is still 3 feet of snow in the street:eek: :woohoo: for running the half next January! Though I don't think you'll get outside for training anytime soon:rolleyes1

I know someone who lives not too far up the road from you and she mentioned on Facebook that the plow went down their street. :thumbsup2

I am going to have to try this Bertha's place.

Their crabcakes are made with lump crab meat and no fillers. So, so good.

Oh my goodness, I'm away from DIS for a couple of weeks and you've got your whole TR done!! I found it last night and just finished it now :goodvibes Sounds like it was an amazing weekend, congratulations on finishing and having lots of fun along the way - not being very competitive myself, I totally get your philosophy for this race :thumbsup2 My dh looked over my shoulder a few times as I was reading and laughed saying yep if there was anything that would get you to start running it would be Disney :rotfl2: In my current job I could never do the January marathons since I'm an accountant and our year-end is Dec. 31 I'm generally working the first couple of weekends in January (hence my absence from here ;)), but the Princess 1/2 marathon...we'll see :)

Also, congrats on the DVC membership, that's so awesome! And I'm very jealous of the THREE trips you have planned within the next year :worship: We're hoping for fall of 2011 for our next WDW visit - although I do keep reminding myself that we are going to be enjoying a 2 week trip to the UK this summer for my brother's wedding so I'm not that hard done by :)

Good luck digging out from all that snow - so far we've had minimal snow all winter, 2-3 inches at a time at the most, which is most unusual for us. We haven't even had school bus cancellations yet this year - last year we had 4 before Christmas :confused3

Thanks for a great report and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your 2010/2011 Disney adventures!

Great report!! I enjoyed reading it so much!!!:goodvibes Again, so sad it's over!!:sad1: But on a brighter note....you have 3 more trips to look forward to!!:thumbsup2 YAY! I didn't realize the whole family would be joining you next January and participating as well!! That's so great!!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!!;) I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trips!!!:)

I know someone who lives not too far up the road from you and she mentioned on Facebook that the plow went down their street. :thumbsup2
The plow went right by our street. My neighbor and DH talked to the driver and he said he would plow it. He went away and never came bac:sad2: So we still have 3 feet of snow in our road. We live on a corner lot and the road on the side of the house is plowed so if worse comes to worse we could just dig from our driveway out to the crossroad. It is around 30 feet. Until then we are stuck unless one of our neighbors figures out a better way to clear the road.

Oh my goodness, I'm away from DIS for a couple of weeks and you've got your whole TR done!! I found it last night and just finished it now :goodvibes Sounds like it was an amazing weekend, congratulations on finishing and having lots of fun along the way - not being very competitive myself, I totally get your philosophy for this race :thumbsup2 My dh looked over my shoulder a few times as I was reading and laughed saying yep if there was anything that would get you to start running it would be Disney :rotfl2: In my current job I could never do the January marathons since I'm an accountant and our year-end is Dec. 31 I'm generally working the first couple of weekends in January (hence my absence from here ;)), but the Princess 1/2 marathon...we'll see :)

Also, congrats on the DVC membership, that's so awesome! And I'm very jealous of the THREE trips you have planned within the next year :worship: We're hoping for fall of 2011 for our next WDW visit - although I do keep reminding myself that we are going to be enjoying a 2 week trip to the UK this summer for my brother's wedding so I'm not that hard done by :)

Good luck digging out from all that snow - so far we've had minimal snow all winter, 2-3 inches at a time at the most, which is most unusual for us. We haven't even had school bus cancellations yet this year - last year we had 4 before Christmas :confused3

Thanks for a great report and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your 2010/2011 Disney adventures!
I'm glad you made it back! It really was a great trip and Disney is a great place to run. The January marathons are at a strange time being right after the holidays, but I'm glad I didn't do the March race this year. I've only been able to get outside to run once since the race. Because of the weather it has all been treadmill for me:confused3 And with this current snow I can't even get to the gym to get on the treadmill. We haven't left the neighborhood since Friday morning and who knows when we'll be able to get out. Good thing there is food in the house:rolleyes:

Great report!! I enjoyed reading it so much!!!:goodvibes Again, so sad it's over!!:sad1: But on a brighter note....you have 3 more trips to look forward to!!:thumbsup2 YAY! I didn't realize the whole family would be joining you next January and participating as well!! That's so great!!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!!;) I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trips!!!:)
I can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip!!!

Loved your TR. You have a lot of trips planned.:thumbsup2 I just might bump into you some time. I try to go at least once a month, more when school is out.

Love the snow pic. We lived in MD a few years ago and got to see snow like that, I miss it so much.

I'll have to keep an eye out for your next TR!
Melissa

Jenny - A friend who lives just up the road from you told me you guys are supposed to get another foot of snow tomorrow?????? :scared1:

Loved your TR. You have a lot of trips planned.:thumbsup2 I just might bump into you some time. I try to go at least once a month, more when school is out.

Love the snow pic. We lived in MD a few years ago and got to see snow like that, I miss it so much.

I'll have to keep an eye out for your next TR!
Melissa
If you ever do see me make sure to say hello! As far as the snow goes, it is way too much this year. I would gladly share:eek:

Jenny - A friend who lives just up the road from you told me you guys are supposed to get another foot of snow tomorrow?????? :scared1:
That is what they are saying. As DH says, "All you can do is laugh or cry." He chooses :rotfl: but I choose :sad:

Jenny,

I finally got to finish your TR!!! Oh, my goodness, I loved all your photos. Really enjoyed all you and Liz squeezed into the weekend. Working on finishing up mine at this point. We'll be there in January for marathon weekend. Hope to meet you at the Dis meet then. Planning on doing the 1/2 again so I can take photos and enjoy it (yet, I really do want a Mickey now).

Jenny,

I finally got to finish your TR!!! Oh, my goodness, I loved all your photos. Really enjoyed all you and Liz squeezed into the weekend. Working on finishing up mine at this point. We'll be there in January for marathon weekend. Hope to meet you at the Dis meet then. Planning on doing the 1/2 again so I can take photos and enjoy it (yet, I really do want a Mickey now).

Patricia,
Thanks for reading! It was fun to write it all up and it is pretty amazing all we did in those 3 days. I hope we get a chance to meet next January too. Hopefully it will be warmer next year:goodvibes

I just read your entire TR and loved it! I am doing c25k right now in hopes of continuing on and running the half next January. Your TR got me even more excited about it!!! :yay:

I just read your entire TR and loved it! I am doing c25k right now in hopes of continuing on and running the half next January. Your TR got me even more excited about it!!! :yay:

Thanks for reading! I saw you over on Carissa's PTR. Disney is definitely a great place to run! Where else can you run into giant ducks and mice;) Congrats on getting started with the C25K plan. You definitely have the time to get ready for next January's half. Go for it. It really is something you won't regret (at least after you are finished. You might regret it during the training:laughing:)

Thanks for reading! I saw you over on Carissa's PTR. Disney is definitely a great place to run! Where else can you run into giant ducks and mice;) Congrats on getting started with the C25K plan. You definitely have the time to get ready for next January's half. Go for it. It really is something you won't regret (at least after you are finished. You might regret it during the training:laughing:)

Yes, I love running...the second it is over! :lmao: It feels so good once you are done!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter