Moving to Cobb County GA...any double coupons?

tommygirl79 said:
The company he interviewed with is located on Circle 75 Parkway near Smyrna. We probably would try to buy a house on the lower end of the market - 3 BR house in a nice neighborhood (old or new doesn't matter as long as it's nice and safe) near decent schools and shopping.

Ok, I've heard some good things about western cobb county in terms of affordability. Whatever you do, if he's working in Smyrna, don't live in Alpharetta or Gwinnett county. The commute would be unbearable. You do need to be careful about where you live; a bad school can adversely affect home prices and how long it takes to sell. And you can have a bad school *right* next to a good one; there isn't any rhyme or reason when it comes to the metro Atlanta area school situation.

My kids are in what's arguably the best public elementary school in the state, and five miles down the street is one that ranks at the bottom of the entire state!

When you say, cheap, how cheap do you mean? You should be able to find a house in a suburb in western cobb under 200k with everything you want. Under 150, you're going to be out in the sticks, sort of.

You can't find a decent house inside the perimeter for under 500k with a good school system. You can find plenty of cheap housing inside the perimeter, but you'll have very bad schools and squatters sleeping on your front step.

I think, though, that Publix and Target have now covered almost every bit of Georgia :)) so you won't be too lost.

Here's a jenny pruitt search result (has the best search engine in atlanta) for Dallas:

Dallas Homes under 300

You look at the cheapest house for sale at 169, the elementary is Vaughan, then you go over to gppf.org to check out the rankings for the school, and here are those results:

School ranking/demographics

You can click on the little graphs next to the info and it will tell you more about demographics, achievement, etc. Looks like a pretty good school on paper :)

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter