"Moving" Reservations

kimkatmom

Mouseketeer
I currently have a reservation on the May 4th Alaskan Cruise for myself, my husband, and my mother. Unfortunately, my husband passed away while we were on our WDW vacation in October. Hence, I will not be going to Alaska without him.

I called DCL this morning. The CM asked if I wanted to move the ressie forward. This would keep our on board credit in tact as well as our deposit. Sounds like a good deal. However, my question is: Obviously, there will be different passengers on the future cruise. How do I move this ressie forward but change the passengers that will be on board?

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks for your responses.

Leslye

I am so sorry for the loss of your DH!:hug:

You are still well ahead of the 75 day window, and it should not be a problem removing and or adding others to the reservation after you move it to your new date.... I think that the only thing that matters to preserve the obc and onboard booking discount is that the primary person on the reservation remains the same.

I trust that you did not name a TA when you made the reservation. If you did, you simply call the TA and they will take care of it.

If your reservation is held directly with DCL, I would suggest that you do the business in 2 steps. They are less likely to mess it up that way.

First, ask them to move the cruise date as far forward as possible. Currently this is sometime in 2012. That gives you as much time as possible to make your decisions before you'd have to move it again.

A name change can be made at no charge up to 31 days before embarkation. If it doesn't bother you, let the names ride as they are for now. Then when you know who will be cruising with you, call them and have the names changed as needed.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this at a difficult time.

Wow, I am so sorry for your loss. If it were me and you could cancel without losing your deposit I would just cancel. You should not have to worry about a future vacation with what you are dealing with.....the OBC isn't worth worrying about.

I am so sorry for your loss. I would move your dates as far forward as you can. Once you begin to feel like you have begun to recover it may help you to have a vacation to plan and look forward too. I know that it was a big help when my sister lost her husband. Bless you and your family.

Thank you all for your responses. I do, however, have one more question. How do I determine who the primary person is: My husband is listed first on the reservation and then me.

Leslye

It is entirely possible that he is the primary name, A quick call to DCL might straighten this out. Because of the circumstances, I would ask to speak with a supervisor, and explain what has happened.

Thank you all for your replies.

This morning I mustered up enough courage to call. I just wanted to let you know what I was able to accomplish.

We actually had two different reservations -- we were going on a back to back. So, the cast member "parked" both of the reservations for future dates in August, 2012. I asked about the "primary" reservation holder. He told me there isn't really a "primary" reservation holder, but that my husband was in "first position." That's when I had to tell him about my husband. The cast member said that DCL would keep him on the reservation to "hold" the spot. Then at any time at a later date we could substitute someone else in his place.

So, it's all done. That wasn't the most difficult phone call I've ever had to make, but it wasn't easy. But I will tell you, Disney is the best and they made it as painless as they could.

Thank you all for your encouragement,

Leslye

Also wanted to say my heart aches for your loss. SO SORRY. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter