MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

Anybody thinking about Sinemia. Do some research a lot of people are having problems with them now. Saturday and Sunday it seems like people are getting a processor error and can’t buy a ticket.

Last edited:
Anybody thinking about Sinemia. Do some research a lot of people are having problems with them now. Saturday and Sunday it seems like people are getting a processor error. And get buy a ticket.

I've been looking at it b/c they have the only family plan, but paying online buying fees on top of the tickets makes it a wash for me...and thus, better to just keep buying tickets separately (I've actually left my Tuesday nights open in the fall, so I can hit cheap Tuesday if I really want a movie)...

A couple days ago movie pass sent out a email to all annual pass subscribers that they will only be able to watch 3 movies a month. Movie pass will let us get our money back for the remaining months we have left if we want out. I’m not leaving it will only be a credit of 7.50 a month. Even at the 9.95 price I’m going to stay as long as I’m able to watch 2 movies a month that I want to see will be worth it. A movie costs 13.53 but i can get regal movie tickets at work for 8.50. If your work doesn’t offer them AAA has them for not much more. I will just keep some of them 8.50 tickets in my car just Incase 3 is not enough for the month or the movie I want to see is not showing with movie pass.

I said before I was thinking about Sinemia but heard some bad things about them also.

I can live with the 3 movies per month. What I don’t like is that you can now only see movies that they have on their list and then not every day. I only have a couple months left on my annual plan at that time I will cancel and hope Alamo Drafthouse has their plan available.

Annual pass holders who bought their Moviepass subscription through Costco are not subject to the new restrictions.

I also read about problems with Sinema. You have to buy tickets throughout service like Fandango and pay their service charge until you receive their debit card. The Sinema current app is not easy to use. Hopefully it will improve over time.

I plan on riding the Moviepass train off the cliff. I have enjoyed it so much that I plan on signing up for whatever replaces it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter