MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

I have the annual. Ends the end of November

No, I am month to month & the movies are limited & disappear for me to.

So much for that theory. 2 movies isn't a selection for me.

My DS lives in the Chicago area and he is going to look at his selections tomorrow.

Our AMCs offer $5 Tuesdays with our Stubs membership. I think we have decided to just go back to using that. It will top out at $20/month, and we don't normally go more than 1x/week, so it is probably the best deal for us.

I'm in the Chicago area and the only movie I can see is Slenderman. I bought mine through Costco and have requested a refund. They said no problem.

:rotfl2:I was just coming here to see if anyone had anything but Slenderman available. Even our local 2nd run, $4 theater has nothing showing. Only 2 days til the new rules. Can’t wait to see what changes this weekend. ;)

My dd cancelled hers when this all started going downhill, but she got an email yesterday telling her that when the new version starts, those that cancelled will be automatically switched to the new plan and their accounts will not be cancelled. Very interesting, but she is actually a little happy as she wanted to see how the new version pans out, but they originally prohibited you from signing back up after cancellation.

So, I checked my sons Movie Pass app today (re-instated when he accepted the new terms of service). So far, everything looks like the old movie pass - all the movies showing, no peak pricing, nothing grayed out that he hasn't already seen. I'm cautiously optimistic. I guess we'll have to wait and see what it shows available this evening. I've completely cancelled mine and switched to AMC, it's sooo much easier to use but would like to keep MP for the kids since AMC doesn't have anything for the under 18 crowd. We rarely go more than twice a month so the 3 movie a month limit is fine and pricewise we are ahead after 1 movie anyway.

We haven't been able to see anything for 6 weeks, nothing available. We couldn't even get a ticket to the Teen Titans movie this weekend (4 other people in the theater) for a 1pm showing. It showed available until noon then disappeared.

Only movie showing for me today is mission impossible.

that's the only thing showing on mine, too. I didn't accept the new terms and my subscription ends in a few days. Have you been given the option to accept yet? My son's didn't change until he got the email saying the new terms were in effect.

that's the only thing showing on mine, too. I didn't accept the new terms and my subscription ends in a few days. Have you been given the option to accept yet? My son's didn't change until he got the email saying the new terms were in effect.

I have a annual pass ends in November.

Well I haven't really seen the negative changes affect us that much. A couple key notes. We usually go
on weekend. So that MORNING myself or husband will go get the tickets for that night. This works for us
since the theatre is around the corner. Also I read online people suggest to keep refreshing the screen.
I have personally seen going from 1 or two movies showing to 5 or 6.

It IS IRRITATING to jump through extra hoops before these changes were made. However we have seen new movies
the day they come out without any extra out of pocket money. For instance my Mother n law and I just picked up
Crazy Rich Asians for tonight.

Movie Pass underestimated the amount of times people would go. They should have offered introductory
pricing for 30 or 60 days then raised it or offer a tier plan. Sort of like Amazon. I don't know how many
people went for Prime "trial" then when it was over stayed on because of convenience. You have to get
them with a "hook". We got it last year and barely went to any movies maybe once a month. Then Summer
hit and we went a lot more.

I will say this about Movie Pass though. It has shown me how many terrible movies have come out. Now i remember
why we waited for most things to come out on streaming or tape.

Last edited:
Well I haven't really seen the negative changes affect us that much. A couple key notes. We usually go
on weekend. So that MORNING myself or husband will go get the tickets for that night. This works for us
since the theatre is around the corner. Also I read online people suggest to keep refreshing the screen.
I have personally seen going from 1 or two movies showing to 5 or 6.

It IS IRRITATING to jump through extra hoops before these changes were made. However we have seen new movies
the day they come out without any extra out of pocket money. For instance my Mother n law and I just picked up
Crazy Rich Asians for tonight

That’s interesting. That was showing blacked out for me earlier today with all other movies available. Now only that & Christopher Robin are showing as available at any theater near me. I still am not sure this is going to work for us. DH has his app on his phone from work. I can’t get that to take to a theater early in the day to buy tickets when they just happen to be available. I’ve done it on a weekend, but not possible during the week.

That’s interesting. That was showing blacked out for me earlier today with all other movies available. Now only that & Christopher Robin are showing as available at any theater near me. I still am not sure this is going to work for us. DH has his app on his phone from work. I can’t get that to take to a theater early in the day to buy tickets when they just happen to be available. I’ve done it on a weekend, but not possible during the week.

Try to keep refreshing when you have the time. Last night my daughter went to see Mission Impossible with her friends. It was blocked ALL DAY.
Then couple hours before the time they wanted to go. She checked back and refreshed and it was available. However this is what i mean about
taking all these extra steps. It is annoying to say the least. Not many can just jump and go get tickets when you see your time available. You shouldn't
have to.

We will give it another month for them to iron out these changes. Frankly since summer is coming to a close I don't see our family using it
as much.

Yesterday we were at Costco, so I just decided to go ahead and cancel. The only choice I had at the 3 AMC theaters in my town (28 screens) was MI. There was one theater in that city that had 6 or 7 different movies available. The other 6 theaters there were only offering MI through MP. Today my choices are Christopher Robin (which I wanted to see Saturday) and Crazy Rich Asians.

I couldn't deal with MP determining what 1 or 2 movies were available to me on any given day.

Costco gave me a full refund. I would have been happy with a 33% refund since 1/3 of the year still remains.

My DS, who lives in Chicago area, is having the same problem, so I think he is going to take his card in this weekend and cancel his membership.

I guess it was great while it lasted.

Yesterday we were at Costco, so I just decided to go ahead and cancel. The only choice I had at the 3 AMC theaters in my town (28 screens) was MI. There was one theater in that city that had 6 or 7 different movies available. The other 6 theaters there were only offering MI through MP. Today my choices are Christopher Robin (which I wanted to see Saturday) and Crazy Rich Asians.

I couldn't deal with MP determining what 1 or 2 movies were available to me on any given day.

Costco gave me a full refund. I would have been happy with a 33% refund since 1/3 of the year still remains.

My DS, who lives in Chicago area, is having the same problem, so I think he is going to take his card in this weekend and cancel his membership.

I guess it was great while it lasted.

You should get the amc plan. If there were a amc by me I would get it. Closet one is 45 minutes away. Regal about 20 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter