Moved from dxdp sharing thread- aging up at Disney

southernfriedmom

Mouseketeer
This thread has been so helpful in deciding whether or not to split our rooms up with DXDP in one and not the other. I have gotten the general feeling that sharing credits has been widely accepted but some places will not let kids order adult meals. We have a unique scenario and my rule following self is curious what the official rules would be... My daughter will turn 10 on our next trip but is 9 on check-in day. I am almost positive that she should be charged the child price for the DXDP by Disney rules (it is the age at check-in) but once she turns 10 is she "legal" to order off the adult menu now. I know that adult/child meals are pooled and shouldn't matter but would love to know people's opinion of what is within the rules here.

I moved this post from the dxdp sharing thread as it was off topic

Your daughter is the age she is at checkin throughout the trip. So she will check in as 9 and be charged the child rate for dxdp and park tickets.

So while she will turn 10 while there, the dxdp will list you as having 1 child and x adults. She will not show as adult priced for the trip.

Now you could age her up to 10 and pay adult dxdp and adult tickets but that would be $$$

My daughter will turn 10 on our next trip but is 9 on check-in day. I am almost positive that she should be charged the child price for the DXDP by Disney rules (it is the age at check-in) but once she turns 10 is she "legal" to order off the adult menu now

Since you have the DxDDP, it doesn't really matter, but if you were paying OOP, would you want her to be charged as an adult at buffets and prix fix once her bday comes during the trip? So, technically, she is a child for the entire trip, but my guess is you won't have any problem with her ordering adult meals the entire trip if that is what she wants.

Since your DD is 9 at checkin, and you have the DxDDP, I would leave well enough alone. The credits are pooled and there is no distinction between an adult credit and a child credit, so for the most part your DD will be able to order whatever she wants. The caveat is that there may be some restaurants that require her to order from the children's menu, but those are few and fr between.

If you were getting the regular plan, and you had a FD discount, you might have chosen to age her up for the minimal cost of the ticket, but under your circumstance, I would not do so. She does not age in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter