Mousytude?

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
So there was this “other post” here somewhere on the gay board
that relayed this sad story about getting major anti gay attitude from a CM (Say it at so!) :sad1: I just can’t believe it.

I’ve never got even a whiff of attitude with any of my dealing with WDW.
Not once.

This "other post" had a few parts to it that made the whole story suspicious
as to it’s overall validity. It got kind of :furious: heated frankly.

But I was wondering has anyone else out there been shot any attitude or give an bad time by a CM at WDW?

Till I Hear more I’ll remain :earsboy: blissfull naive.

On the first issue, if your refering to the post I think you are refering to, I too was a little skeptical at first. I asked a friend who would know of such things if something like this happened, and they confirmed that yes there was a case like this in the time frame described. I didn't ask anything more, as quite frankly it was and is none of my buisness.

Now to your second subject. I have been around a long time, worked parks, resorts, and recreation, and have never encountered a problem with any kind of attitude from a guest or a fellow Cast Member. New hires can sometimes be a little ignorant of the ways of the world, especially people who have just moved to the Orlando area from more of a "rural" location, but they usually become accepting very soon. (As soon as they realize we are not out to corrupt their children! LOL) If I were to bet on these types of stories, I would say that anyone that unaware of how to treat any minority at Disney must have been a part timer or college program CM, and slept through orientation. This is all pretty much covered your first day on the job. And anyone who lives anywhere in Orlando knows at least a half a dozen gay people. I have been told that our gay population is growing faster than San Francisco's!

Anyone with any time in the company knows we treat EVERY PERSON the same! We even have a company motto.......RAVE

Respect
Appreciate and
Value
Everyone

Has anyone on here ever had a really bad experience?

Not sure if it's the same case - it involved getting attitude at check in over a single king size bed for 2 men (shocking!) after that it got progressively "sketchy".

I'm bettin' Mike is speaking of the same post.,,though as far as asking someone about it, he's probably speaking of the "stealing" incident.

I also have to wonder if the whole "king size bed" thing is a misunderstanding. regardless of whether or not the King size bed was requested, it may have been that the CM who booked the room saw two men's names, thought there was a mistake and booked them a room with two doubles instead. I would like to think it was more of a misunderstanding than an "anti-gay" issue. I don't however, understand why another room couldn't have been found with a King bed. It happens all the time when a person is displeased with their room. I also know that we ourselves have had problems with the POR management and their front desk CM's certainly aren't my favorite.

I hope you don't see many posts answering your question. I can't imagine there being a big problem with an anti gay attitude at WDW. As straightas I am, if I ever saw this going on in front of me, you can be sure i would step in and open my big mouth...I have no tolerance for no tolerance :teeth:

Yeah that's the one.
The more I read the more I was like "no this can't be true". It's so un-disney.
Then I thought could it be true or a "misunderstanding"...
and by who... WDW or the poster.
Thats when I thought - I wounder if this has happened to anyone else?
So far 48hours - no horror stories.

My one anti-gay incident happened in 1996, and was at Wilderness Lodge.

I was so angry about it, that I really have only been to Wilderness Lodge a few times since then (New Year's Day, 1996) so we are going into 11 years.

/carmi

My thoughts on the bed situation. Do they have rooms at Port Orleans with only one bed? I have only seen the standard two beds in a room at that resort. Anyone know for sure?

Ok right now I can not think of anything in way of being treated bad for being gay. I have gotten terrible CM's in general , not many. I can think of a few times in which I (we) weren't acting like such totally good disney guests. Times where a CM could have thrown us out but chose to politely not even say anything. Nothing major , or dirty :teeth:

:cheer2:

From the Disney web site......

Most rooms are available with two double beds. A limited amount of rooms with king-size beds are also available

I would assume if there was a problem checking in it was because the "limited" amount of rooms were already booked.

OrlandoMike said:
From the Disney web site......

Most rooms are available with two double beds. A limited amount of rooms with king-size beds are also available

I would assume if there was a problem checking in it was because the "limited" amount of rooms were already booked.

If that text is taken directly from Disney's web site, they need to hire someone to proofread their text. One cannot have an "amount of rooms" as rooms are distinct units not something one can measure like water or flour.

Back to the topic at hand, in spite of Disney's claimed non-discrimination policy, I can easily see a Cast Member enforcing his or her own values and denying a King Bed even if one was available. I have no idea what actually happened in that case, just that it would not surprise me.

/carmi

Well if a CM ever does this, all you need to do is simply say "I'd like to speak to the Hotel Manager on Duty please" Things should be fixed pretty quickly! :thumbsup2

OrlandoMike said:
Well if a CM ever does this, all you need to do is simply say "I'd like to speak to the Hotel Manager on Duty please" Things should be fixed pretty quickly! :thumbsup2

Maybe that is more true now, but that was not my experience in 1996.

Manger on duty was rude, but the General Manager was offensive.

/carmi

When we stayed at PO we got a king bed
and everyone was very nice
and we are planning to stay there this fall.

we've never had an unkind word from any CM

In the original thread someone pointed out that King rooms in the Moderate resorts must be requested in advance and there is an upcharge for them. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that because we have never stayed in a Mod and DH, DS and I wouldn't be very comfortable all in the same bed!

At any rate, the OP said they were supposed to be at WL but there was a problem with the reservation. I wasn't clear on how they knew there was a problem, but they knew before they left home. So they got on the plane knowing there was an issue with the ressie at WL, they arrived and were offered a room at POR, and when they got to POR they were told they had a room with 2 double beds because they were 2 guys. At least that's how the story was presented.

Our friends who are traveling with us in August have been to Disney 3 times in the past few years and they have never had any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter