Motorcycle Poker Run from Columbia, MO to Marceline, MO in the works!

mousetrip

Mouseketeer
We (me, my dad the avid biker, and a few friends) are working on choosing a date in October, the route will be from Columbia, MO to the original Main Street, USA in Marceline, MO. Any other Missouri Dissers interested in being a part of this, or for that matter ANYONE out there? What a great excuse for you far-away Disney fans to visit Walts boyhood home! We will need folks stationed at stops along the way (Fayette, Glasgow, Forest Green, Sterling Price Museum for instance). The bikers will stop at those locations to pick up a card and at the end of the ride they'll have their "hand" and can win prizes based on who has the best hand. The Walt Disney Hometown Museum is open from 1-4 on Sundays (shooting for a Sunday to avoid conflicting with Mizzou football) but their director is out of town (at the D23 Conference) and so I haven't been able to speak with her about this yet to find out if we can do something extra special there. I'm thinking a BBQ (sell tickets), an auction (anybody out there have any Mickey's with motorcycle items they'd donate?) And perhaps a local bicycle/tricycle ride around the town of Marceline that day so that families and those who don't do motorcycles can still come take part. I am excited about this idea and just hoping the logistics can get figured out soon so that it can happen this fall when the leaves are pretty for the ride. It's beautiful highway on that route! Can't wait to keep you all posted and hear from anyone who'd like to join in the effort or come take part!
Jennifer Roberts
:cool1:

Very cool indeed...I'm working on a ride here in my area....probably sometime next year in the spring....have to get through my WDW trip, and the VA meet first....Bikers LOVE to ride for kids !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts