Motivation

playwright

Mouseketeer
How do you motivate an unmotivated child? He's 15. I'm at the literal end of my rope. I will have to attend the CSE in a few weeks, and it's a constant fight for every little service. How can I fight when all he wants to do is play video games and watch tv?

I think we need a few more details-

WHY is he unmotivated? therapy goals too hard and he's not having any success? School work too tough and tiring? Few friends? General diagnosis (an answer for a child with autism or aspergers will be different than if it's learning disability or physical disability...)?

School work is definitely too tough for him. But it's either keep up in the mainstream with resource room or go back to self-contained. He is diagnosed as LD. His first grade teacher thought he was autistic, but the school psychologist said he wasn't. I am requesting an neuropsychological exam. He only has a small group of friends, but they are nice kids. One has ADHD but the others are NT. In self-contained he didn't get to meet anyone outside of the class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!